Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th July 2018, 22.40:42   #10-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWrexhamfc View Post
Squad's worse than last season's. Absolutely beggars belief.
I’ve had a bad feeling about it all for 2 months now, there’s barely a goal in the squad. We will once again rely on 2 centre backs to keep clean sheets and also score the goals from corners.
Old 17th July 2018, 23.12:29   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: Triallists tonight (Bangor away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
I’ve had a bad feeling about it all for 2 months now, there’s barely a goal in the squad. We will once again rely on 2 centre backs to keep clean sheets and also score the goals from corners.
We had a bad habit of conceding on corners last season too!
Old 18th July 2018, 02.42:23   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Triallists tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWrexhamfc View Post
Squad's worse than last season's. Absolutely beggars belief.
Hey pipe down. How dare you suggest our squad is shit. The RP police will shoot you down.

Bang on, so glad I didn’t renew my ST. We are a joke.
Old 18th July 2018, 03.42:38   #13-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Middle of ERS in front of 12th man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
Hey pipe down. How dare you suggest our squad is shit. The RP police will shoot you down.

Same defence, better midfield & promising signs up front. (Albeit after very limited viewing pre season.) Granted we're light numbers wise but how can anyone say the squad is cack before we've kicked a ball in anger? At least give them a chance before writing them off!
Old 18th July 2018, 05.46:04   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:

Do the lights dim when you enter the room?
Only time will tell, however, the meanest defence in the league last year and as stated, first impressions suggest we've improved in the midfield and forward line. On the basis we missed out on the playoffs by a couple of points I have to disagree.
Old 18th July 2018, 05.51:06   #15-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Perhaps it should be YOU are a joke ?
Old 18th July 2018, 06.03:47   #16-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

We're a complete joke and I'll say it again, put the club up for sale ffs.
Old 18th July 2018, 06.11:28   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

I've got to say the right back that started last night's game looked good to me. He was trying a bit to hard, but he was very strong in the tackle and did really well. Would be a good to have someone like him to challenge for the right back position.

What I was impressed with was the paterens in play I was watching. The players had a way to play, how the striker in the middle holds the ball and passes it back and the attacking 2 on each side of the 3 run around the side into the space where we can exploit. The team last night in parts look the business, and the one player who everything went through was Luke Young. We havnt had anyone like him since Ferguson. The way he spreads the ball and picks out the pass. He drops back and controls the game. We had no one like him last season.

This team at the moment are probably looking good enough to make the 7th spot. As these patterns of play become less raw, and more of the norm, and the players are doing these without even thinking, then I feel we could be looking at the top 3.

Let's see who the three coming in are, as the team now are very light on numbers. Tharme wasn't very good last night, the number 6 who came on second half looked a lot better to be fair.

Let's get behind the lads, because they are trying new things, and they will be up there this season, and they will be a lot better to watch, as they are that already.
Old 18th July 2018, 06.12:26   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Anyway there were more trialists on show than just the keeper - someone in the back 4 alongside Tharme who was covering for the lightly injured Pearson - and another - any news on them and the general performance ?

Still think we are very lightweight in numbers and quality - if we didn't have Pearson carrying the team on his back we would be in the deep end ! We need more big characters and leaders in our ranks and some serious quality up front - just one proven goalscorer who's name we recognize would give us a boost.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.44:59.