Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th July 2018, 22.09:54   #451-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -
Twitter: @

Default Re: Danny Ward to Leicester for £10m- £12m ? Done Deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
The money has to be spent wisely on the first team surely.
No.
I think it should be spent recklessly on players who might get us 30 goals a season..or might not.
Old 20th July 2018, 22.29:17   #452-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

I think the million should be invested into the club in whatever the board feel best would benefit the club. The rest of the money which is £250,000 should be put into build the budget. We would be able to give contract extensions out to our best players and also bring in a top forward player for this level with that amount of money plus the money already donated. I personally would be very annoyed and frustrated if none of the money is invested in the first team, as getting out of this league is our main priority. The potential of this club if we go up is massive with our fanbase. They have given Ricketts a 3yr deal so go and back him! I doubt he will be happy if he doesn't see a penny either.
Old 20th July 2018, 22.31:33   #453-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom wafc View Post
I think the million should be invested into the club in whatever the board feel best would benefit the club. The rest of the money which is £250,000 should be put into build the budget. We would be able to give contract extensions out to our best players and also bring in a top forward player for this level with that amount of money plus the money already donated. I personally would be very annoyed and frustrated if none of the money is invested in the first team, as getting out of this league is our main priority. The potential of this club if we go up is massive with our fanbase. They have given Ricketts a 3yr deal so go and back him! I doubt he will be happy if he doesn't see a penny either.
You seem to think BtB doesn't benefit the club.
Old 20th July 2018, 22.33:47   #454-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
You seem to think BtB doesn't benefit the club.
Err since when? I wouldn't have donated money into it if i thought that.
Old 20th July 2018, 23.15:59   #455-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom wafc View Post
We should soon learn how much ambition our club has. This windfall is aside from budget and must be utilised in the club's best interest which should be promotion. Anything less and the only assumption is that the board is content with non league football. Assuming £1.2m is correct then half should be made available to strengthen the squad as soon as it's ours to spend. If we don't get out of this league whilst this money is available then we never will. Promotion this season or next must happen.
Old 20th July 2018, 23.17:41   #456-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Well this reported £1.25 million windfall is fantastic for our club. The best part of it is that it will not go into the pocket of a blood sucking chairman, it will strengthen this great football club. It is the oldest international stadium still being used and I'd personally like to see us buy the ground from the Uni and really lay down the foundations for the best fans owned club on the planet. If we owned the ground I think we could make the club stronger than at any time in its long history. The likes of Vincent Tan come and go, but Wrexham AFC could potentially live for 100s of years longer and get much stronger.
Old 21st July 2018, 00.35:26   #457-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Many on here assuming the Uni will sell?
Why would they - the Racecourse is an important plot that completes their estate and may at some point in the future be very useful for future expansion.
The current Planning consultation on their 2025 Vision outlines their plans for the next seven years, including seeking valuable approvals on outlying sites that will provide a substantial windfall.
They won’t give up the freehold.
For those who advocate giving SR more money to spend, let’s wait and get a better measure of the man and his abilities before loosening the purse strings too much

Last edited by Ruabon Red; 21st July 2018 at 00.36:28..
Old 21st July 2018, 01.52:39   #458-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Think of the boost in ST sales etc as well.
I think this is a very good point pagl. There is a chance here to generate some real momentum. Nearly All of us on here are already sold on the club but as they say no publicity is bad publicity and we are now in the news so let’s capitalise. Rightly or wrongly people will believe that this improves our chances of progress towards the FL and a good signing or two will harness that optimism and as a result pay for itself. COYR
Old 21st July 2018, 03.49:29   #459-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
Many on here assuming the Uni will sell?
Why would they - the Racecourse is an important plot that completes their estate and may at some point in the future be very useful for future expansion.
The current Planning consultation on their 2025 Vision outlines their plans for the next seven years, including seeking valuable approvals on outlying sites that will provide a substantial windfall.
They won’t give up the freehold.
For those who advocate giving SR more money to spend, let’s wait and get a better measure of the man and his abilities before loosening the purse strings too much
You are right that Glyndwr may not want to sell and are likely to be happy having a tenant for 99 years paying them £100k a year. Who else would they have found to pay that lease and create those revenue streams for them ?

Just to say the Racecourse ground is being protected in the Local Development Plan for its land use for Sports only, rubber stamped by the Welsh Assembly. So any development of that land has to be in accordance with that requirement.

If the WGU ever turned over the Green Belt planning of Colliers Parc that would be the sort of substantial windfall that you are talking about. But that wont ever happen and they are planning for football with FAW.

We got the Racecourse into the LDP because it was no longer owned by Wrexham Football Club and or under WST ownership, but was our club's historical home and a vital component to the club and its fans. It was originally done around the time of the previous regime where there was understandable concern that they had ulterior motives for the Racecourse.

It meant the potential value / resale of the Racecourse and its land changed considerably and a supermarket could not be put on there etc.

And if the Club does ever buy it back, the seller couldn't try to hike the price up for its future redevelopment value.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.09:42.