Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th January 2019, 16.01:57   #111-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
Get well soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Hope you feel better soon mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always The Kop View Post
Hope your feeling better soon mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
No problem, haven't listened to all of last weeks yet. Get well soon.

thanks for the good wishes guys, Im now back to good health lol and the show is back this friday as usual
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 16.02:34   #112-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Our first show of 2019 is on this week,

On this week's show Kings Evans and Andy Pollard chat about the teams current performance which has resulted in 2 wins from the last five games, after wins over the festive period against Salford City and Solihull Moors which finished 5-1 and 1-0 respectively, they then discuss the next 3 games which were all defeates, against Salford City away, Dover Athletic at home and finally against Bromley away which was their game in hand on teams above them.

The Reds are now 4th in the league, still only 4 points from top and very much still in the hunt for the title, we also discuss the events at the end of the Dover game which saw a small section of Wrexham afc fans clash with the away teams players and staff.

Interviews this week are from Manager Graham Barrow, who talks about the disappointing performances of late and about bringing in new players to try and get the team winning again, we chat about new strikers Cole Stockton, who has come in on loan until the end of the season from Tranmere Rovers, and Jason Oswell who has signed an 18 month deal after joining from Morecambe in League 2,
We then chat about new Center back Kieran Kennedy who has joined until the end of the season after terminating his contract at Shrewsbury Town, finally we discuss Bradley Walker who has rejoined the club again, until the end of the season after returning to Crewe Alexandra and being sold to Shrewsbury Town, he has now been re loaned out by his new team.
Our second Interview is with New Striker Jason Oswell, who chats about joining the Reda and trying to hit the ground running halfway through a season
Finally we have a short interview with to new Center back Kieran kennedy about his move to North wales


All this can be heard on Calon FM at 4pm tomorrow
Live Stream | Calon FM
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 19.36:31   #113-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsevans View Post
Our first show of 2019 is on this week,

On this week's show Kings Evans and Andy Pollard chat about the teams current performance which has resulted in 2 wins from the last five games, after wins over the festive period against Salford City and Solihull Moors which finished 5-1 and 1-0 respectively, they then discuss the next 3 games which were all defeates, against Salford City away, Dover Athletic at home and finally against Bromley away which was their game in hand on teams above them.

The Reds are now 4th in the league, still only 4 points from top and very much still in the hunt for the title, we also discuss the events at the end of the Dover game which saw a small section of Wrexham afc fans clash with the away teams players and staff.

Interviews this week are from Manager Graham Barrow, who talks about the disappointing performances of late and about bringing in new players to try and get the team winning again, we chat about new strikers Cole Stockton, who has come in on loan until the end of the season from Tranmere Rovers, and Jason Oswell who has signed an 18 month deal after joining from Morecambe in League 2,
We then chat about new Center back Kieran Kennedy who has joined until the end of the season after terminating his contract at Shrewsbury Town, finally we discuss Bradley Walker who has rejoined the club again, until the end of the season after returning to Crewe Alexandra and being sold to Shrewsbury Town, he has now been re loaned out by his new team.
Our second Interview is with New Striker Jason Oswell, who chats about joining the Reda and trying to hit the ground running halfway through a season
Finally we have a short interview with to new Center back Kieran kennedy about his move to North wales

here is the podcast version to download

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/d...08_28_28-08_00
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 10.10:27   #114-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

On the Podcast this week, We have Former Wrexham Midfielder Waynne Phillips on the show, in the first of a 2 part interview

He tells us about growing up with his brothers and his connection with caernarfon town, he then tells us about his football in his school boy years, and getting spotted by chelsea at the age of 15 and travelling down to London for a trial game on hackney marshes.

He then goes on to mention how he got a trial with Wrexham AFC, and his trial game against Graham cooper (cooperman) and working with the late Cliff Sear, we chat about making his league debut away at Grimsby, replacing Welsh legend Joey Jones who had broken his ankle in the game, and how joey didn't want to stay in a hospital in Lincolnshire, he travelled home on the team bus instead.

Waynne then moves on to tell us about playing for Brian flynn, who had replaced Dixie Mcneil as manager and what his relationship was like with him, and also the Pre and Post match routine compared to today’s modern footballer.
He then goes on talk about players he played with in his first spell with the club, Including Mickey Thomas, Mike lake and steve Watkin.

Another subject we talk about is the Arsenal and West Ham FA Cup games from 1992, and the squad staying in Rossett Hall Hotel the night before the Arsenal games, his feeling before and during the game, the free kick taken my Mickey Thomas, and his thoughts on Steve watkin scoring the winning goal, ensuring the team go down in folklore. Then getting another plum draw this time to play at Upton Park in the East end of London, where lots of his family were from.

listen here at 4pm

Live Stream | Calon FM
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 17.29:03   #115-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsevans View Post
On the Podcast this week, We have Former Wrexham Midfielder Waynne Phillips on the show, in the first of a 2 part interview

He tells us about growing up with his brothers and his connection with caernarfon town, he then tells us about his football in his school boy years, and getting spotted by chelsea at the age of 15 and travelling down to London for a trial game on hackney marshes.

He then goes on to mention how he got a trial with Wrexham AFC, and his trial game against Graham cooper (cooperman) and working with the late Cliff Sear, we chat about making his league debut away at Grimsby, replacing Welsh legend Joey Jones who had broken his ankle in the game, and how joey didn't want to stay in a hospital in Lincolnshire, he travelled home on the team bus instead.

Waynne then moves on to tell us about playing for Brian flynn, who had replaced Dixie Mcneil as manager and what his relationship was like with him, and also the Pre and Post match routine compared to today’s modern footballer.
He then goes on talk about players he played with in his first spell with the club, Including Mickey Thomas, Mike lake and steve Watkin.

Another subject we talk about is the Arsenal and West Ham FA Cup games from 1992, and the squad staying in Rossett Hall Hotel the night before the Arsenal games, his feeling before and during the game, the free kick taken my Mickey Thomas, and his thoughts on Steve watkin scoring the winning goal, ensuring the team go down in folklore. Then getting another plum draw this time to play at Upton Park in the East end of London, where lots of his family were from.
the podcast version is here
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/d...01_29_39-08_00
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 15.50:46   #116-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Don't Forget that the second part of our chat with former Wrexham Midfielder waynne phillips,is today

we pick up the conversation talking about playing in the welsh cup and and Waynne’s experiences in 3 cup finals, and how that led to playing in European games, in the European Cup winners Cup competition, firstly against Lyngby BK from Denmark, which they won 1-0 and then against waynne’s boyhood club Manchester United at Old Trafford, and coming up against Lee sharpe.

Waynne then goes on to tell us about leaving Wrexham AFC at the age of 26/27 to play for Stockport County in the Championship at the time, under Gary Megson, for a fee of approx £200,000, and Ultimately returning to Wrexham, and dropping his wages, after a difficult time at Edgeley Park, also Brian Flynn leaving not long after and being replaced by Denis Smith, having the chance to sign for Graham Turner at hereford United

We chat about breaking his leg against Ssilly billyhorpe while on a week to week contract, which ultimately brought an end to his full time professional career, but opened the door for his replacement to start his and go on to have a great career, namely Carlos Edwards.

We move on to talk about what could've been with Wales, but it didn't quite happen for him, also playing for and managing his home town club caernarfon Town, also coming full circle and working alongside former gaffa Dixie Mcneil again at Cefn Druids and also playing for Rhos Aelwyd, before switching to work in radio, which he continues to do for radio wales and Radio Cymru.

At the end of the interview we have a chat with captain Shaun Pearson, who talks about last week’s game v Fylde which the Reds lost 2-0 making it 5 losses in a row in all competition, we also talk about this weekend's game v Maidenhead United at the Racecourse

Listen on calon fm at 4pm
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 16.41:20   #117-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsevans View Post
Don't Forget that the second part of our chat with former Wrexham Midfielder waynne phillips,is today

we pick up the conversation talking about playing in the welsh cup and and Waynne’s experiences in 3 cup finals, and how that led to playing in European games, in the European Cup winners Cup competition, firstly against Lyngby BK from Denmark, which they won 1-0 and then against waynne’s boyhood club Manchester United at Old Trafford, and coming up against Lee sharpe.

Waynne then goes on to tell us about leaving Wrexham AFC at the age of 26/27 to play for Stockport County in the Championship at the time, under Gary Megson, for a fee of approx £200,000, and Ultimately returning to Wrexham, and dropping his wages, after a difficult time at Edgeley Park, also Brian Flynn leaving not long after and being replaced by Denis Smith, having the chance to sign for Graham Turner at hereford United

We chat about breaking his leg against Ssilly billyhorpe while on a week to week contract, which ultimately brought an end to his full time professional career, but opened the door for his replacement to start his and go on to have a great career, namely Carlos Edwards.

We move on to talk about what could've been with Wales, but it didn't quite happen for him, also playing for and managing his home town club caernarfon Town, also coming full circle and working alongside former gaffa Dixie Mcneil again at Cefn Druids and also playing for Rhos Aelwyd, before switching to work in radio, which he continues to do for radio wales and Radio Cymru.

At the end of the interview we have a chat with captain Shaun Pearson, who talks about last week’s game v Fylde which the Reds lost 2-0 making it 5 losses in a row in all competition, we also talk about this weekend's game v Maidenhead United at the Racecourse
download the podcast here https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/d...05_02_11-08_00
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 21.02:47   #118-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
El Jonez's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Just listened to the Waynne double!

Some great memories and insight, and a top bloke to boot.
__________________
Frothers keep frothing.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 09.47:19   #119-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
mike.loretta's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: uni end of mold road stand
Real Name: Mike
Twitter: @





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

fantastic chat, could listen to him talk for hours about the Flynn days and his love of our great club, good work again Kings
__________________
Sam Ricketts red and white army
Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 11.20:03   #120-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
kingsevans's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Real Name: kings
Twitter: @kingsevans





Default Re: Dragonheart radio Show 2018/19 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.loretta View Post
fantastic chat, could listen to him talk for hours about the Flynn days and his love of our great club, good work again Kings
cheers mike, glad you enjoy the show
__________________
Part owner in Wrexham AFC and season ticket holder & Presenter on DRAGONHEART Radio Show show on 105.0 Calon fm...on air every week at 4pm Fridays or Downloadable Podcast.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.20:36.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13