RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wage cap (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112219-wage-cap.html)

Bissell 23rd July 2018 15.05:06

Wage cap

Simple question for those in the know.

Do we have a wage cap within our structure? I seem to remember reading somewhere that this was the case a few years ago, just wondering if that is is the case now? If so and the cap is relatively low, Might explain why we have been unable to sign the sorts of quality players most fans want to see.

jonesfach 23rd July 2018 15.07:45

Re: Wage cap

[QUOTE=Bissell;2165664]Simple question for those in the know.

Do we have a wage cap within our structure? I seem to remember reading somewhere that this was the case a few years ago, just wondering if that is is the case now? If so and the cap is relatively low, Might explain why we have been unable to sign the sorts of quality players most fans want to see.[/QUOTE]

We have a budget - It's up to the manager to use it how he sees fit.

pagl 23rd July 2018 20.08:15

It's more of a handicap.

OneLoveWrexham 23rd July 2018 20.11:50

Didn’t lee fowler touch on something the season before? Saying the reason we’re not signing the best strikers is because of a wage cap, I could be wrong but I remember him posting some on twitter.

Lets Av A Riot 23rd July 2018 21.53:52

[QUOTE=Bissell;2165664]Simple question for those in the know.

Do we have a wage cap within our structure? I seem to remember reading somewhere that this was the case a few years ago, just wondering if that is is the case now? If so and the cap is relatively low, Might explain why we have been unable to sign the sorts of quality players most fans want to see.[/QUOTE]

im sure Macclesfield players last season musta been on thousands per week!

pagl 24th July 2018 02.15:27

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2165794]im sure Macclesfield players last season musta been on thousands per week![/QUOTE]

Here we go the old Maccy 1 off story. What about the play off winners I bet they paid peanuts. Same the season before..........

We have really done well the last 6, yes 6 years with our structure.
I have accepted the fact that were at our level now, I think many others will do so as well. Will I rush back from flight in 7 Aug for Fylde game - very doubtful.

I am not watching another shambles of a season again.

John Neals Dynasty 24th July 2018 07.29:56

When someone like you has lost heart for the way our club is heading Pagl then the signs for this season ain't looking good.

But I'm the same way after the 🔚 of last season's shambles, got a season ticket but if we don't improve especially entertainment wise then I won't be busting a gut to get their and I had shift work to arrange swaps for last season, retired now some I might saves money in diesel.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i]
[/size]

Iesty 24th July 2018 07.51:01

we have a budget, our managers (since Saunders) have been told to stick to it.

thats why Morrell was always non commital with new signings, Mills went cheap for heads in the team and Keates generally signed loans

wxmdoug 24th July 2018 08.14:21

[QUOTE=pagl;2165811]Here we go the old Maccy 1 off story. What about the play off winners I bet they paid peanuts. Same the season before..........

We have really done well the last 6, yes 6 years with our structure.
I have accepted the fact that were at our level now, I think many others will do so as well. Will I rush back from flight in 7 Aug for Fylde game - very doubtful.

I am not watching another shambles of a season again.[/QUOTE]

im sure you will pagl

you are a die hard fan and the pull of the racecourse will be too much .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.23:51.