RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Quick Macc Review (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112227-quick-macc-review.html)

Congy Red 24th July 2018 21.20:38

Re: Quick Macc Review

Sorry , post didn't work.

Even quicker review. Fondop excellent, Summerfield excellent. Holroyd, Smith,Wright, Ruthers, Roberts, Tharme all good. Shift Jennings. We need sexy right-sided attacker and cover at CB. Looking good gernerally.

sionwxm 24th July 2018 21.24:13

Very promising regarding Big Mike Fondop. .

petered 24th July 2018 21.25:38

Loved the live match thread tonight. Team sheet revealed followed by three pages of carnage. We go one up and tumbleweed city!! A few must have been stuffing their faces with pie (humble) and were unable to message at the same time.

Cenotaff 24th July 2018 21.36:13

[QUOTE=petered;2166258]Loved the live match thread tonight. Team sheet revealed followed by three pages of carnage. We go one up and tumbleweed city!! A few must have been stuffing their faces with pie (humble) and were unable to message at the same time.[/QUOTE]

You can imagine the reading if it was 3 or 4 nil. It's all just a bit quieter now. I'm not saying there aren't things to be concerned about and this friendly result means just as much or little than Telford but it does seem to get far busier in here if we lose.

ted mcwhirter 24th July 2018 21.37:22

I don't think I'm a happy clapper but have to agree with Petered. The sound of silence is deafening. Not that a draw at Macc is anything special but it demands objective consideration along with what happened at Telford. Sadly the glass half empty brigade don't seem to have the inclination to get involved when there's nothing to complain about.

Redordead 24th July 2018 21.43:38

Sounded like we tired the last half hour when Macc started making a load of changes.

Think the back 5 will it pick its self

Dibble, Roberts, Jennings, Pearson and Smith.

Wonder if he’ll go with the same 3 in midfield Young, Summerfield and Wright or try to fit Deverdics in instead of Wright?

Then Rutherford, Holroyd and Big Mike through the middle

Aidan 24th July 2018 21.46:26

Given our record at macc a draw is a minor miracle!!
Wright was exceptional tonight for me and fondop looks. Lively, will be a dam favourite if he scores a few too! Roberts had one of the best games I've seen him have and tharme and many were decent. I was concerned a couple of times with how open we looked at the back and a decent side would have torn us apart, but that aside we looked the better of 2 mediocre sides.

12 Points for Christmas 24th July 2018 21.46:33

Concerned about the number of substitutes picked tonight in this waffer thin squad
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

NedStarksGhost 24th July 2018 21.52:04

[QUOTE=ted mcwhirter;2166261]I don't think I'm a happy clapper but have to agree with Petered. The sound of silence is deafening. Not that a draw at Macc is anything special but it demands objective consideration along with what happened at Telford. Sadly the glass half empty brigade don't seem to have the inclination to get involved when there's nothing to complain about.[/QUOTE]

Tonight's result doesn't really mean much does it? The same concerns people have still exist. A draw against Macc is decent but as those defending the current team have consistently pointed out, it's only pre season and means nothing. It just papers over the cracks that is our lack of depth and cover.

Sounded like an improvement and hopefully we continue in the same way on Saturday. But my biggest concern was the team sheet. We are looking paper thin. I hope Ricketts can address that this week.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.50:13.