RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The midfield Concertina (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112235-midfield-concertina.html)

Congy Red 26th July 2018 07.11:06

The midfield Concertina

Luke Young plays like Darren Ferguson, great on the ball and passing, not a great tackler.

Nicky Deverdics wants to play behind the striker/s and pass and score goals.

Two good players but how do we accomodate them? Young didn't have a great game at Macc, his assets were limited by Macc's formation, he didn't get space. We've already seen Deverdic's ineffectiveness when not involved out on the wing.

I can't see how we play both of them, sad.

EnglishRed 26th July 2018 07.34:14

Re: The midfield Concertina

Ricketts said he wanted to play Young in the 'Quarterback' role. Deverdics will be in the number 10 position. So no reason you cant accomodate them both?

FieldtownRed 26th July 2018 07.57:24

Thought we’d signed a Brazilian from reading just the thread title.

Alan Attack 26th July 2018 08.24:11

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2166681]Ricketts said he wanted to play Young in the 'Quarterback' role. Deverdics will be in the number 10 position. So no reason you cant accomodate them both?[/QUOTE]

I hate the quarterback term in football.

This is a conundrum however it’s up to the manager to address it. I’m always of the view that you need to get as many of your good players on the pitch.

As it stands, I’d like us to play 4-3-3 with Summerfield, Young and Deverdics in midfield and Rutherford, Holroyd and MFT up front.

EnglishRed 26th July 2018 08.34:51

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2166690]I hate the quarterback term in football.

This is a conundrum however it’s up to the manager to address it. I’m always of the view that you need to get as many of your good players on the pitch.

As it stands, I’d like us to play 4-3-3 with Summerfield, Young and Deverdics in midfield and Rutherford, Holroyd and MFT up front.[/QUOTE]

Me too. What is wrong with deep lying playmaker?

With the players we currently have that would be my choice too.

red_dragon 26th July 2018 08.42:00

I'd guess is will be Young and Summerfield together with Deverdics advanced linking forward to midfield

Ooh aah Paskin 26th July 2018 08.48:12

Still happy to see the 4-2-3-1 formation given a serious go in the league, with obviously the ability to adapt.

If this is the case I think the 2 will be Summerfield and Young.
And Deverdics will be in the middle of the 3.

sionwxm 26th July 2018 09.49:48

Hopefully Deverdics in the no.10 role can rip defences apart and chip in with plenty of goals like he did in his time at Dover couple of seasons back.

WREX01 26th July 2018 09.54:57

Midfield 3 of Summerfield,Young and Deverdics I’m happy with.

The lack of decent forward options with pace is the worry.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.10:29.