Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th July 2018, 09.27:05   #109-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Thats just 1 part. Surely the WST should also have longer term strategies so that there is some sort of longevity for the next WST generation.
Pagl,

I agree with a lot of your thinking about Strategy. It is really, really important. Both short term and long term.

Personally we both don't know how the WST board and WAFC board sets out its strategy, as we don't sit on the board and are therefore not privy to those type of conversations which agree the policy of each board.

Although am sure there will be people on the board who are well versed and experienced in Strategic thinking. If there isn't then that is obviously a gaping hole, but am sure there will be. Also the WST has outlined their strategy in previous public forums, so they have actively shared it with this. The definition of 'strategy' can obviously also be open to interpretation.

It is not really typical for football clubs to outline their board strategy in public forms, but I appreciate it is a bit different for Community Owned Clubs. I did once see the president of CF BARCELONA Joan Laporta make a presentation on their philosophy as - Més que un Club' - and it was outstanding.

Everything always comes back to one man. Brian Lomax. A true visionary.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ropeanfootball

Last edited by Welsh Kiwi; 30th July 2018 at 09.28:40..
Old 30th July 2018, 09.42:30   #110-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Pagl,

I agree with a lot of your thinking about Strategy. It is really, really important. Both short term and long term.

Personally we both don't know how the WST board and WAFC board sets out its strategy, as we don't sit on the board and are therefore not privy to those type of conversations which agree the policy of each board.

Although am sure there will be people on the board who are well versed and experienced in Strategic thinking. If there isn't then that is obviously a gaping hole, but am sure there will be. Also the WST has outlined their strategy in previous public forums, so they have actively shared it with this. The definition of 'strategy' can obviously also be open to interpretation.

It is not really typical for football clubs to outline their board strategy in public forms, but I appreciate it is a bit different for Community Owned Clubs. I did once see the president of CF BARCELONA Joan Laporta make a presentation on their philosophy as - Més que un Club' - and it was outstanding.

Everything always comes back to one man. Brian Lomax. A true visionary.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ropeanfootball
My view on this and it also answers the point from AA - What would your ideal scenario be, Pagl?

Strategy is not just about a vision but its about a plan to achieve it.
We can all have ideas/strategies that we would like to achieve but actions speak louder than words and my fear is that the WST tread water.
Now this is understandable in a lot of ways given they all give up their own time to perform various roles - and I applaud each and every one of them - however it isn't going to 'grow' the club IMO.

I have listed the obvious areas time and time again, areas where we can increase revenue, improve communication and also provide a better customer experience and these don't need an influx of a load of cash to achieve them.

They do however need the WST to expand its horizons, loosen a few strings and also stop these fears of the past. If things don't change they will remain the same and we need to think about embracing change rather than being restricted by it.
Old 30th July 2018, 09.48:03   #111-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
My view on this and it also answers the point from AA - What would your ideal scenario be, Pagl?

Strategy is not just about a vision but its about a plan to achieve it.
We can all have ideas/strategies that we would like to achieve but actions speak louder than words and my fear is that the WST tread water.
Now this is understandable in a lot of ways given they all give up their own time to perform various roles - and I applaud each and every one of them - however it isn't going to 'grow' the club IMO.

I have listed the obvious areas time and time again, areas where we can increase revenue, improve communication and also provide a better customer experience and these don't need an influx of a load of cash to achieve them.

They do however need the WST to expand its horizons, loosen a few strings and also stop these fears of the past. If things don't change they will remain the same and we need to think about embracing change rather than being restricted by it.
Yes absolutely agree. And it is easy to suggest the strategy is not working, when objectives have not been achieved.

Equally it is understandable to have a perception of treading water when seasons seem to roll one into each other with no clear evidence of improvement. On the pitch.

You have highlighted a number of areas, you believe need to be improved.

Have you approached the WST/ offered your services to them to actively make a difference yourself in those areas ?

Have they rejected that offer ?

It would seem to me you would be an asset.
Old 30th July 2018, 10.03:43   #112-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Yes absolutely agree. And it is easy to suggest the strategy is not working, when objectives have not been achieved.

Equally it is understandable to have a perception of treading water when seasons seem to roll one into each other with no clear evidence of improvement. On the pitch.

You have highlighted a number of areas, you believe need to be improved.

Have you approached the WST/ offered your services to them to actively make a difference yourself in those areas ?

Have they rejected that offer ?

It would seem to me you would be an asset.
The good thing now is we will have the finances coming in to invest into future programmes, rather than live 'hand to mouth as some describe. We could take an initial hit on taking Gold Bond internal or employing someone specifically to build and administer membership and other programmes that need some resourcing.
Old 30th July 2018, 10.46:48   #113-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Personally I think the recent past is holding our club back, the WST have a fear of the past as do many fans because we have been a victim of some chancers, conmen call them what you like, the WST and some of our fans fear change and the club is being run like a corner shop scared of modernisation expansion call it what you like, we are to reliant on gate money not enough is being done to expand the business grow the club, the membership is a perfect example, a large number of Wrexham fans don't live in or on the outskirts of the town and the club does not advertise it's business which is what it is enough throughout North Wales and dare I say it even Cheshire.

As for the Gold bond I feel raffles, lotteries etc their is just to many to compete, fans on low wages are struggling enough to cope with the ever rising cost of living as it is.

One thing is certain if we intend to stay at the Racecourse indefinitely we need to explore ways of modernisation to the ground especially the eyesore crumbling Kop we badly need investment there, as each year passes the cost of just demolishing it and getting rid of the waste is increasing at a very big rate,

Their seems to be no forward thinking idea's coming out of the club it needs some new blood on the board I feel as the present one is becoming stagnant set in its ways, we are being left behind by tinpot clubs who seem to be showing more ambition.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th July 2018, 10.49:24   #114-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
The good thing now is we will have the finances coming in to invest into future programmes, rather than live 'hand to mouth as some describe. We could take an initial hit on taking Gold Bond internal or employing someone specifically to build and administer membership and other programmes that need some resourcing.
I don't think a paid officer to manage membership can do much more than those various volunteers have done over the years.

The May Trust meetings minutes were positive on the membership front, showing changes being made to admin - add to that a 4 percent increase in membership.
Steady year on year increase.

There is often a call for 'professional' officers but sometimes a dedicated volunteer can deliver a better and more effective service.
Old 30th July 2018, 11.11:03   #115-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
The May Trust meetings minutes were positive on the membership front, showing changes being made to admin - add to that a 4 percent increase in membership.
Steady year on year increase.
Are you saying there is a steady year on year 4% increase or that at some point there has been a 4% increase.
Are there any numbers to back this up?
Old 30th July 2018, 11.49:31   #116-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

A few years ago I tried to start a campaign on Red Passion for #10,000 owners

Around the time we were at Wembley for the 1st time in our clubs history and we had amongst the fan base that day an extra 20,000 people who don't go regularly to the Racecourse, but who still love our club and look out for our results. They might also have had £12 of goodwill to become a member of WST. Although Wembley and all the trims/merchandise etc was a very expensive day out, it was also a unique one off occasion.

Before the match the Club / Steven Cook were looking for sponsors to take out adverts in the Wembley match day programme. With my own personal funds, I tried to sponsor a red passion page with an advert for #10,000 Owners, to try and help increase the membership. For reasons I still don't quite understand I was told by Steven thank you, but that it would be politically difficult for him to do.

I think #10,000 owners was perhaps considered too ambitious, which I can recognise in hindsight, was perhaps true, our membership at that time was around the 2,500 mark I think, although it could have been quite easily adjusted to #5,000 owners etc.

My main philosophy with all this stuff, is how to harness the energy and goodwill of the fan base? Sometimes fundraising ideas can be run independently of the WST and still greatly help the club.

There are lots of proactive Wxm fans with some really good ideas and business capabilities and somehow we need to get all of their knowledge and expertise into the right areas of our Community Owned Club, where they can all make a positive difference. Otherwise lots of fans like pagl will continue to feel frustrated/concerned and carry on posting those thoughts on RP.

If their is a practical mechanism for most fans to feel aligned to the club and that their voice is heard, then that will give our club the greatest chance of success.

Red Passion still has the most visibility of all the websites connected to WAFC, and with that visibility it represents the voice of the fans, so it is a valid part of the process.
Old 30th July 2018, 12.06:36   #117-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Are you saying there is a steady year on year 4% increase or that at some point there has been a 4% increase.
Are there any numbers to back this up?
I think there are figures if you have time to trawl past minutes
eg last May there were 3237 members and for this May it is 3376.

Also there were 5651 emails sent out to remind members of memberships.

Membership is one of the WSTs more transparent areas of activity.

For those interested its just a case of looking at the minutes of their general meetings.

Hope that answers the query .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.47:22.