RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Investment (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112253-new-investment.html)

Alan Attack 28th July 2018 08.09:08

New Investment

Ever since the Trust took ownership of the club, there has been growing dissension on RP as we’ve struggled to compete with clubs at the top of the league.

One thing people are imploring is “external investment”. That’s not an unfair demand given that we’re continually being outspent by clubs with a fraction of our fan base but in this league, your fan base isn’t that important.

However, in the next few months, the club should be in the envious position of having investment by way of the Danny Ward money. Most are hopeful it won’t be less than £1m; maybe closer to £2m.

Those who are dubious of the Trust; this is the investment you’re asking for. What’s more, we don’t have to give any of the club away or go into debt to achieve such a windfall.

But what’s more concerning, reading posts on here, is the distrust in the Trust and its key members despite the undeniable fact they saved the club and put it on a steady footing. People have more faith in some mythical character with deep pockets than actual people who’ve done good for this club.

If the Ward money is what we hope, why not give the Trust a chance to spend it. If anything, it’s a watershed moment for fan-ownership. In say 3 years, if they balls it up, there’ll be growing support to sell the club.

short_gog 28th July 2018 08.59:08

Re: New Investment

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2167669]Ever since the Trust took ownership of the club, there has been growing dissension on RP as we’ve struggled to compete with clubs at the top of the league.

One thing people are imploring is “external investment”. That’s not an unfair demand given that we’re continually being outspent by clubs with a fraction of our fan base but in this league, your fan base isn’t that important.

However, in the next few months, the club should be in the envious position of having investment by way of the Danny Ward money. Most are hopeful it won’t be less than £1m; maybe closer to £2m.

Those who are dubious of the Trust; this is the investment you’re asking for. What’s more, we don’t have to give any of the club away or go into debt to achieve such a windfall.

But what’s more concerning, reading posts on here, is the distrust in the Trust and its key members despite the undeniable fact they saved the club and put it on a steady footing. People have more faith in some mythical character with deep pockets than actual people who’ve done good for this club.

If the Ward money is what we hope, why not give the Trust a chance to spend it. If anything, it’s a watershed moment for fan-ownership. In say 3 years, if they balls it up, there’ll be growing support to sell the club.[/QUOTE]

THIS ^ :hurray::hurray:

billybersham 28th July 2018 09.33:21

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2167669]Ever since the Trust took ownership of the club, there has been growing dissension on RP as we’ve struggled to compete with clubs at the top of the league.

If the Ward money is what we hope, why not give the Trust a chance to spend it. If anything, it’s a watershed moment for fan-ownership. In say 3 years, if they balls it up, there’ll be growing support to sell the club.[/QUOTE]

Give another 3 years,that will be 14 years in non league football!

flynhater 28th July 2018 09.44:38

Totally Agree with this post it will prove or disprove if the Trust Board have the Ambition to move us forward or not. I will say though if they dont give it a go and I’m not on about being recklesss they need to be replaced and quickly

John Neals Dynasty 28th July 2018 09.47:22

This money for Ward is it the only decent thing Moss did for us? Putting the sell on clause in?

But once it's gone it's gone then what? No academy now no youngsters to make a fortune off in the future. It will be back to a hand to mouth existence as the ground will carry on decaying.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 28th July 2018 09.55:57

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2167710]This money for Ward is it the only decent thing Moss did for us? Putting the sell on clause in?

But once it's gone it's gone then what? No academy now no youngsters to make a fortune off in the future. It will be back to a hand to mouth existence as the ground will carry on decaying.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Why keep predicting a negative future, the Trust (us fans) have turned things around and for once things are going for us (a few sell-ons) and STs selling well and hopefully we will have 4K plus gates again this season despite the prophets of doom predicting otherwise. We are due a cup run and we still have a few high potential sell-ons out there (Davies & Smith) and players still coming through the youth ranks. Ok we haven't got a Billionaire backer like Salford but neither have 95% of other clubs outside the PL.

Teifi Red 28th July 2018 09.58:07

Is there anyone on this forum who'd like to be responsible for the spending of this Ward windfall? I wouldn't to be honest.
If it's spent on infrastructure such as the youngsters or improving Nine acres, that would be wise for the long term stability.
Pay off a chunk of lease money? Again good financial idea that gives stability.
Or, blow it on the playing budget in a bid to get back to the promised land. Gamble that might work. Salford are allegedly in the £3m area this year re budget.
Do you pick and choose a season to go for it based on no big spenders around?
Whatever happens, the board will be criticised unless it ends in promotion.
So, again, anyone fancy taking on the spending?

Alan Attack 28th July 2018 09.59:03

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2167710]This money for Ward is it the only decent thing Moss did for us? Putting the sell on clause in?

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hopefully it’ll facilitate a promotion bid and the riches we're due as a league club. Hopefully with financial fair play in the league, we’d be on a more even footing with our rivals.

John Neals Dynasty 28th July 2018 10.00:30

[QUOTE=davewilli;2167716]Why keep predicting a negative future, the Trust (us fans) have turned things around and for once things are going for us (a few sell-ons) and STs selling well and hopefully we will have 4K plus gates again this season despite the prophets of doom predicting otherwise. We are due a cup run and we still have a few high potential sell-ons out there (Davies & Smith) and players still coming through the youth ranks. Ok we haven't got a Billionaire backer like Salford but neither have 95% of other clubs outside the PL.[/QUOTE]

I'm not predicting anything you are assuming that. I was pointing out the money as great as it is if we don't go up when it runs out we will be back to square one. Living hand to mouth like we are at present.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.52:30.