Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd August 2018, 11.22:42   #136-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Jordan Maguire Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
It’s what adults do, say it as they see it.

A lot on here just post to please.
It's just that slating players before they've played a match is just premature negativity. When/if they turn out crap feel free to criticise, but until then its pure speculation.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11.31:23   #137-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Default Re: Jordan Maguire Drew - signed season long loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why do some posters feel the need to try and stick the knife into others who have expressed concern at other signings and they he squad previously? Get a life ffs.

One quality signing hardly erases all of those perfectly valid concerns anyway. Some fans have the bollocks to post exactly what they think about players others just live in a world where no player we sign can ever be shit. Posting to please as if that matters anyway. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
There is a slight bit of irony to moaning/having a dig at people who are perceived to moan/have a dig. Its an elitist aroma and im not keen on it either.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11.34:45   #138-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The reality still is that 5 season long loans is a big risk with only 1 of these experienced at this level. It doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre come January. We also have an injury plagued GK that appears to be our No 1.

I think we also need to see a bit of leadership from midfield - I was hoping that Summerfield and Young were leaders on the pitch.

However I think Sam is going to set us up in a more attacking formation and the 2 FBs are going to be absolutely crucial to making this work.
If we are going 4231 then I think we have far more options than last season but the real proof is players performing. Last season we had far too many with a 5 or 6 out of 10 and we need a minimum of 7s if were going to be challenging this time.

Nice to see that we have a natural player on the left in Drew though.
Did you feel calling for Sam's head was premature?
Old 2nd August 2018, 11.52:07   #139-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
There is a slight bit of irony to moaning/having a dig at people who are perceived to moan/have a dig. Its an elitist aroma and im not keen on it either.
I've never understood the need to berate people for being negative about a signing/move by the club. On the flip side, it is pointless to talk down to someone who is overly positive about everything. It's fine to have an opinion.

The issue is when their opinion is being brought up at every opportunity for no reason and has no relation to the topic and/or adds nothing to the conversation. That goes for the overly negative and overly positive side. The need to constantly express a retired viewpoint. Like a lot of things, extremism is the issue.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11.57:42   #140-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Default Re: Jordan Maguire Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesjonno View Post
It's just that slating players before they've played a match is just premature negativity. When/if they turn out crap feel free to criticise, but until then its pure speculation.
It's fine to think initially they won't do well. Doesn't mean you can't support them. I didn't think MFT would do well for us when he signed, but I certainly don't want that to be the case and I'm growing more optimistic as pre-season has gone on.

And likewise, people can't be positive about a signing by the same argument. Premature positive mentality when they haven't kicked a ball. So the same people in this thread who talked about those of us who initially weren't impressed with MFT I would assume aren't really pleased by Jordan Maguire Drew as he hasn't kicked a ball yet? I feel sometimes there is a bit of hypocrisy there.

Personally I just view the signing and react either way. Unlike MFT and Pyke, I'm very pleased by this signing as it looks great on paper. And likewise, if he does awful I won't be keeping that opinion.
Old 2nd August 2018, 12.03:00   #141-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
I've never understood the need to berate people for being negative about a signing/move by the club. On the flip side, it is pointless to talk down to someone who is overly positive about everything. It's fine to have an opinion.

The issue is when their opinion is being brought up at every opportunity for no reason and has no relation to the topic and/or adds nothing to the conversation. That goes for the overly negative and overly positive side. The need to constantly express a retired viewpoint. Like a lot of things, extremism is the issue.
Thats fair enough and I agree. But the sly digs at posters who just express an opinion that doesn't sit with the ethos of their agenda is just as bad in my opinion. Im not faultless but now its the same repetitive posts with the holier then thou attitude that are probably more snide.
Old 2nd August 2018, 12.09:47   #142-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
Thats fair enough and I agree. But the sly digs at posters who just express an opinion that doesn't sit with the ethos of their agenda is just as bad in my opinion. Im not faultless but now its the same repetitive posts with the holier then thou attitude that are probably more snide.
I'm in agreement with you. I'm saying there's no need to talk down to other posters for their opinion (whether that be "everything is perfect" attitude or "we are doomed" mentality).
Old 2nd August 2018, 12.10:17   #143-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot

I'm much more optimistic than I have been for quite a number of seasons. I think we could do well. I can feel it in my waters. COYR.
Old 2nd August 2018, 12.21:43   #144-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
I'm in agreement with you. I'm saying there's no need to talk down to other posters for their opinion (whether that be "everything is perfect" attitude or "we are doomed" mentality).
Agreed. I wasnt to confident a couple of weeks ago but things are looking a lot better on paper. Its a lot of loan players but if it works who cares.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.40:41.