RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Scouting (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112295-scouting.html)

themintonbrothers 2nd August 2018 21.10:04

Scouting

I have just been watching a few games in the Europa League and it got me thinking about players from abroad who might fancy their chances giving it a go in the UK.

AZ Alkmaar have been beaten on aggregate by a team called Kairat from Kazakhstan tonight which is a huge shock.

I watched some of the game on a live stream and there is a guy called Bauyrzhan Islamkhan who is the captain and he was brilliant. A quick internet search revealed that he is only 25 years old, plays for the national team, was a previous U21 international captain and was Khazak player of the year in 2014. He scored for them tonight and regularly chips in with goals from his attacking midfield position.

Another search revealed that he earns 380,000 tenge a month which is about £900.

All of this took me about 20 minutes

If I was him and was approached by a club of our standing, selling him the potential to get to the promised land of the premier league a la Vardy etc and a new life in the beautiful town of Wrexham, with an increased salary to boot, I would jump at it.

Should we be employing someone to look at this sort of stuff?

It cost me nothing!

Any opinions welcomed.

Haruki 2nd August 2018 21.17:30

Re: Scouting

Huge risk spunking 900 a month and a place in our thin squad on a Kazakhstan player unlikely to settle in the area and/or adjust to National League football.
Think you need the season to start mate you are cracking up

Teifi Red 2nd August 2018 21.20:22

You wouldn't get a work permit either I would suggest.

louisleftboot 2nd August 2018 21.20:26

Have you ever played football manager, he’d never get a work permit.

Even if we did he’d get homesick so we’d have to sign a mate from back home who would be terrible.

Then they’d both start skipping training.

Keep posting these extremely wacky ideas though.

themintonbrothers 2nd August 2018 21.21:42

[QUOTE=Haruki;2169497]Huge risk spunking 900 a month and a place in our thin squad on a Kazakhstan player unlikely to settle in the area and/or adjust to National League football.
Think you need the season to start mate you are cracking up[/QUOTE]

It was just a thought and seeking opinion. I'm not cracking up thank you.

themintonbrothers 2nd August 2018 21.23:11

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2169498]You wouldn't get a work permit either I would suggest.[/QUOTE

Oh I didn't realise - why?

René Higuita 2nd August 2018 21.23:55

[QUOTE=themintonbrothers;2169496]I have just been watching a few games in the Europa League and it got me thinking about players from abroad who might fancy their chances giving it a go in the UK.

AZ Alkmaar have been beaten on aggregate by a team called Kairat from Kazakhstan tonight which is a huge shock.

I watched some of the game on a live stream and there is a guy called Bauyrzhan Islamkhan who is the captain and he was brilliant. A quick internet search revealed that he is only 25 years old, plays for the national team, was a previous U21 international captain and was Khazak player of the year in 2014. He scored for them tonight and regularly chips in with goals from his attacking midfield position.

Ever heard the story of Ali Dia?

Another search revealed that he earns 380,000 tenge a month which is about £900.

All of this took me about 20 minutes

If I was him and was approached by a club of our standing, selling him the potential to get to the promised land of the premier league a la Vardy etc and a new life in the beautiful town of Wrexham, with an increased salary to boot, I would jump at it.

Should we be employing someone to look at this sort of stuff?

It cost me nothing!

Any opinions welcomed.[/QUOTE]

I used to do a similar job at a Conference North club, compiling reports on players the management were interested in but they never looked at players outside of the UK. I think it's a bit of a risk (on both sides) with the player, in this case, having to relocate from Kazakhstan, on a vague promise of footballing progression. But an interesting idea, especially with us having to 'think outside the box' because of our inability to financially compete with other teams in our division.

Ever heard the story of Ali Dia?

EnglishRed 2nd August 2018 21.25:06

No doubt there are good players all over the world. You'd have Immigration issues, relocation fees even before you got a chance to see if they would fit into the style of football of the league and of the team. Whether they would settle in to the country. It's a big gamble.

Remember that guy from Singapore (or was it Hong Kong?) we had? I always thought he looked a really good player just totally wrong for the league we were in at the time.

themintonbrothers 2nd August 2018 21.29:50

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2169499]Have you ever played football manager, he’d never get a work permit.

Even if we did he’d get homesick so we’d have to sign a mate from back home who would be terrible.

Then they’d both start skipping training.

Keep posting these extremely wacky ideas though.[/QUOTE]

Why would a player of this calibre do something like that if he wants to progress his career? He is obviously a genuine character as my research revealed.

Your views are very narrow minded bordering on discrimination. You don't know anything about him. Are you suggesting that any Khazak or similar national who obviously has a skill set would use the opportunity to come here on a contract and then run off somewhere?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.54:22.