Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th September 2018, 16.27:06   #190-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @spuderz92

Default Re: Wheelchair Accessible Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Not if he answers the questions 😉
I'd get comfortable because you're clearly going to have a long wait
Old 20th September 2018, 20.40:56   #191-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post
I'd get comfortable because you're clearly going to have a long wait
I think you're right.
Just don't understand why inclusivity is an issue when the club do things but isn't when the FPA do them.
Must be me!
Old 20th September 2018, 20.48:10   #192-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Is any one taking bets on whether this or the loopy champions thread lasts the longest 😁
Old 20th September 2018, 21.23:32   #193-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Hopefully the loopy Champions thread will have reason to last all season.

Then we will have become Champions.

The bottom line I feel, is that its Love that's going to get Wrexham AFC promoted back into the football league. Not war.

The most important thing around a Fans Owned Club is to try to get everyone pulling in the same direction. To work together and for everyone to feel they are making important contributions to the club we all Love.

The art of listening to each point of view is really important.

I'm reading a really interesting book called Do Listen.

here is an extract... (The words were spoken by David Wolf the Max Webber Senior Rabbi of the Sinai Temple in LA and were published by TIME magazine. It refers to the pre election period of Donald Trump v Hillary Clinton in the USA)

Angry People are poor communicators and even worse listeners. Their empathy is foreshortened and they have trouble imagining the other's point of view. It makes people less healthy and when both parties are angry, then our public discourse will be an arena for shouting past one another. Now that a sanctified modern method, a poll, has shown we're angry, perhaps we can have a reasoned public discussion about how to calm the angry feelings and then begin the work. You can be principled even when you speak in a soft voice.

_

I think of our Wrexham goalkeeper Brian Lloyd as being very softly spoken off the pitch. And yet he is also a strong principled man. And I admire him greatly for all his achievements in both the world of football and equally in architecture.

Brian would be a stunning man to help with the Platform...
Old 21st September 2018, 06.00:39   #194-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Last try :

Wrexham 0 - are you happy about the event in Bamfords when a DSA member has said they'd go but can't?

DLR - Same question

WAFC1926 - if someone in a wheelchair has said they'd have attended but can't due to location you feel no obligation to address this?

Not expecting any answers due to the recent 'love in' between WAFC1926 and the DSA but guys, talk about double standards! Shocking! My respect, which was huge for the DSA despite us debating the platform, that's healthy debate in my opinion, has taken a little knock based on your silence regarding this. Some disabled rights should be fought for and some not??

My money will go direct to the DLO in future for her projects for all.
Old 21st September 2018, 10.11:51   #195-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Hopefully the loopy Champions thread will have reason to last all season.

Then we will have become Champions.

The bottom line I feel, is that its Love that's going to get Wrexham AFC promoted back into the football league. Not war.

The most important thing around a Fans Owned Club is to try to get everyone pulling in the same direction. To work together and for everyone to feel they are making important contributions to the club we all Love.
Isnt this what #WeAreOneTeam that the club are trying to promote exactly what you say but seem intent on campaigning against? - Otherwise I agree the more positive we are as a fan base while it might not drive direct success on the pitch. It will defnitly produce a positive atmosphere and and perhaps get things like improvments quicker as we all pull in one direction?
Old 21st September 2018, 14.02:51   #196-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustas Nads View Post
Isnt this what #WeAreOneTeam that the club are trying to promote exactly what you say but seem intent on campaigning against? - Otherwise I agree the more positive we are as a fan base while it might not drive direct success on the pitch. It will defnitly produce a positive atmosphere and and perhaps get things like improvments quicker as we all pull in one direction?
Diolch Yn fawr... Bustas Nads

For the record... I admire the work of the media team of Wrexham AFC greatly. I believe they do a great job. They volunteer their time freely and I have the utmost respect for them. I have repeated this in correspondence direct to them and also here on Red Passion.

Equally as a lifelong Wrexham Fan I feel it is really important that the fans voice is heard. For the club to truly understand their feelings and motives. From a personal perspective whether fellow fans like the Champions thread (I started with love for our club) or not. The option is there for our Red Passion posters to support it or not. To share their feelings around it. Or not. I completely respect that, to promote the liberty of choice. And in this regard am exactly the same as any other poster...

From a professional perspective I help organisations and brands (some quite large ones to find their truth) The work ranges from £1 to £100M, but the principle is entirely the same. To discover and be who they really are.

In my view... and its just my personal view #We Are Wrexham. That is our identity. It is who we are. It is the town. It is the place. Its the name of our football team. No other town in Britain is called Wrexham. No other football club in Britain is called Wrexham. This means the hashtag has territorial advantages. It collates everything to do with Wrexham. It is not generic. It does not share platforms with other organisations and brands who are also 'one team'. I personally feel #WeAreOneTeam is generic. That doesn't mean I am intent on campaigning against it. As you suggest. I do not oppose it in anyway, I just feel as a lifelong fan that its important fans share their own concepts. We are a fans owned club. The voice of the fans is so important in that. Personally I don't think #WeAreOneTeam is the best hashtag for our club. Thats just my own view.

In principal I like the idea of everyone pulling together. But from a branding concept lots of other brands and organisations have used the - We are One Team - approach. And in my personal opinion, as a branding concept, it is has become quite passe.

But to avoid anyone else mistakenly thinking I am campaigning against it. Which I am truly not.

I will now run the #WeAreOneTeam against the #WeAreWrexham hashtag on Red Passion and on my social media... And fans and other organisations related to Wrexham can make their own minds up...

And apologies for derailing this thread, but you did for good reasons bring it up Busta...

Back to the thread.

I really do feel Brian Lloyd would be a wonderful person to bring in and help with the Love Platform #2.

Brian played in goal for Wrexham.
Brian played in goal for Wales.
Brian is empathic and caring.
Brian is an architect.

Brian could help to bring everyone together and bring the smile back on faces. I love Brian Lloyd. My dad's front door of his house was black for 70 years until Brian came along and painted it Red for Wrexham...
Old 21st September 2018, 15.31:33   #197-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Diolch Yn fawr... Bustas Nads

For the record... I admire the work of the media team of Wrexham AFC greatly. I believe they do a great job. They volunteer their time freely and I have the utmost respect for them. I have repeated this in correspondence direct to them and also here on Red Passion.

Equally as a lifelong Wrexham Fan I feel it is really important that the fans voice is heard. For the club to truly understand their feelings and motives. From a personal perspective whether fellow fans like the Champions thread (I started with love for our club) or not. The option is there for our Red Passion posters to support it or not. To share their feelings around it. Or not. I completely respect that, to promote the liberty of choice. And in this regard am exactly the same as any other poster...

From a professional perspective I help organisations and brands (some quite large ones to find their truth) The work ranges from £1 to £100M, but the principle is entirely the same. To discover and be who they really are.

In my view... and its just my personal view #We Are Wrexham. That is our identity. It is who we are. It is the town. It is the place. Its the name of our football team. No other town in Britain is called Wrexham. No other football club in Britain is called Wrexham. This means the hashtag has territorial advantages. It collates everything to do with Wrexham. It is not generic. It does not share platforms with other organisations and brands who are also 'one team'. I personally feel #WeAreOneTeam is generic. That doesn't mean I am intent on campaigning against it. As you suggest. I do not oppose it in anyway, I just feel as a lifelong fan that its important fans share their own concepts. We are a fans owned club. The voice of the fans is so important in that. Personally I don't think #WeAreOneTeam is the best hashtag for our club. Thats just my own view.

In principal I like the idea of everyone pulling together. But from a branding concept lots of other brands and organisations have used the - We are One Team - approach. And in my personal opinion, as a branding concept, it is has become quite passe.

But to avoid anyone else mistakenly thinking I am campaigning against it. Which I am truly not.

I will now run the #WeAreOneTeam against the #WeAreWrexham hashtag on Red Passion and on my social media... And fans and other organisations related to Wrexham can make their own minds up...

And apologies for derailing this thread, but you did for good reasons bring it up Busta...

Back to the thread.

I really do feel Brian Lloyd would be a wonderful person to bring in and help with the Love Platform #2.

Brian played in goal for Wrexham.
Brian played in goal for Wales.
Brian is empathic and caring.
Brian is an architect.

Brian could help to bring everyone together and bring the smile back on faces. I love Brian Lloyd. My dad's front door of his house was black for 70 years until Brian came along and painted it Red for Wrexham...
Sounds like you would be handy with our brand then. Id specifically say help us grow the membership.
Old 21st September 2018, 16.18:53   #198-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
And yet, was quoted by several people on several different social media sites as someone to read in respect of the Club proposal.
And while you're on, how goes your planning to move your comedy night to the Cent to be more inclusive friend of the people.
Just out of interest,are you the fella who [at Monday night's members' meeting] stated quite enthusiastically,that although able bodied,felt he would be 'proud' to have his own dedicated disabled section in a separate corner of the ground,IF he ever had need to use one?

Last edited by dlrwrexham; 21st September 2018 at 16.20:03..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.22:37.