Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th August 2018, 08.46:21   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Wheelchair Accessible Travel

YET MORE EXCITING NEWS.......

We have managed to secure Away Travel for wheelchair users and their carers to 7 games this season. This is a service we are offering this season in a limited capacity, with a view to if it becomes a great success we will build on it for next year.

It will be run in line with the current Away Travel provided by Pat's Coaches, and we will be charging in line with the club's official pricing for all 8 people travelling on the minibus. It is initially for 4 wheelchairs and 4 carers and the pick up will be at Wrexham Football Club for all journey's.

These are the Away Games we are running to this season:

SOLIHULL MOORS - 27th August 2018 Bank Hol Mon
£14.00 Members / £16.00 Non Members

HARROGATE TOWN - 25th September 2018 Tuesday Night
£14.00 members / £16.00 Non Members

CHESTERFIELD - 27th October 2018 Saturday Game
£16.00 Members / £18.00 Non Members

BARROW - 27th November 2018 Tuesday Night Game
£16.00 Members / £18.00 Non Members

SALFORD CITY - 1st January 2019 New Years Day
£10.00 Members and £12.00 Non Members

AFC FYLDE - 19th January 2019 Saturday Game
£14.00 Members / £16.00 Non Members

FC HALIFAX - 22nd April 2019 Saturday Game
£14.00 Members and £16.00 Non Members

As there are only 4 wheelchair spaces per journey, Please register you interest with me ASAP. To begin with we are offering this on a 1st come 1st serve basis. However, if it proves very popular to give everyone a chance of an Away Game we may have to look to rota it.
Old 8th August 2018, 12.43:21   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: Wheelchair Accessible Travel

Superb effort!!!
Old 8th August 2018, 19.58:51   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: GUS

I suppose they have to buy two match tickets as well!
Old 9th August 2018, 10.07:47   #4-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post
I suppose they have to buy two match tickets as well!
I assume that would depend on the host clubs' policies.
Old 9th August 2018, 11.04:33   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

That's great news, keep up the good work Kerry.
Old 9th August 2018, 22.11:07   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Fantastic news !
Old 12th August 2018, 10.46:44   #7-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

If you are interested in the official Wrexham AFC Wheelchair Accessible Away Travel to Solihull Moors on Bank Holiday Monday 27th August. Can you please let me know ASAP please
Old 28th August 2018, 16.28:48   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Accessible Away Travel

We are absolutely delighted as a club, that our 1st EVER official Accessible Away Travel is now up and running, and our 1st trip to Solihull Moors on bank holiday Monday was a massive success.

We took 4 wheelchair users and their carers to Solihull Moors and although the score wasn't the best, the day was fantastic and worked perfect with the adapted minibus.

Dan Roberts fan of Wrexham AFC has never EVER attended an away game in his wheelchair and thanks to the new Accessible away travel, he has now attended his 1st EVER away day. Dan loved his day and this is the difference having this travel in place is making to people, another of our fans who traveled said he can't even remember the last time he was able to attend an away day so again, this is now enabling wheelchair fans to attend some away days.

We need to now make this service a huge success and keep it running and hopefully growing for many years to come. However, this service runs at a loss and has only been possible this year due to the club helping, but to keep it running long term I need to start fundraising, getting sponsorship or donations and if anyone has any ideas of ways we could do this then please get in touch. When I have previously mentioned trying to set up the away travel on RP a few fans did PM me, and I will be contacting those fans over the next few days, so thank you, I really do appreciate all the help. Wrexham fans really are a cut above !

I am determined that this service will now continue to run, and although this year we have started it up in a limited way to see how much interest there would be in it , I can already tell you it's going to be a massive success. The feedback from yesterday's game to Solihull really was fantastic !!!

The support from Wrexham AFC fans regarding getting this service off the ground has been overwhelming, so thank you from a very proud DLO !!
Old 28th August 2018, 16.44:28   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent stand

What a fantastic achievement. Another factor that makes us so proud to be a community run club. Would it be possible for the other official away coaches to contribute to this cost in any way?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.23:49.