Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th August 2018, 23.10:27   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
I was there for the full game but I'm also not one for glossing over what was a woeful first 45 minutes where in all truth we couldn't have complained if we had been 3-1 down.

That's the second home game on the trot we've been bossed for the whole first half and it needs addressing before we play someone who can actually hit a cows arse with a banjo.

If you think those scores are low you should have seen them for the first half alone.......

Always happy to win but the warning signs are there if we don't action the glaring issues which I'm hopeful we will.
I agree, we could (should?) have been 2 if not 3 down before we went ahead. On the flip side it's encouraging to see the second half performances are a step up, which is down to the management team.

Also watching Ricketts in the dugout, he and Barrow seem so much more animated than Keates did last year, constantly giving instruction and shouting encouragement to the players.
Old 12th August 2018, 06.15:13   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Boreham Wood ratings

Lainton 9
Roberts 5 - Carrington 7
Smith 8
Pearson 7
Jennings 7
Summerfield 7
Wright 7
Young 6 - Rutherford 6
Fondop 6
Maguire-Drew 7
Beavon 7 - Pyke 7
Old 12th August 2018, 06.54:58   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoboy17 View Post
Lainton 9
Roberts 5 - Carrington 7
Smith 8
Pearson 7
Jennings 7
Summerfield 7
Wright 7
Young 6 - Rutherford 6
Fondop 6
Maguire-Drew 7
Beavon 7 - Pyke 7
I would say Rutherford was better than Summerfield, Wright was a 6, Beavon a 6 and the rest spot on.
Old 12th August 2018, 07.10:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Lainton (9) Some great saves to prevent a drubbing.

Roberts (4) Can fully understand why he went off, as I had the bug, too, and felt bloody awful!

M Smith (8) Covered for Pearson and upped his game when needed.

Pearson (5) Looked all at sea at times. Passing was often woeful.

Jennings (5) Good cross for the goal but still dawdles on the ball.

Summerfield (7) Had a few brain farts but upped his game in the second-half.

Young (6) Looked our best midfielder until he picked up the knock.

Wright (6) His game is let down by his poor positional play. He’s strong and aggressive but, all too often, gets the wrong side of his man.

Maguire-Drew (6) Surprised BT made him MOTM because he wasn’t in the game for much of the time. Nevertheless, the lad has ability and pace.

Fondop-Talom (6) Had more support today and battled hard against some big brutes. Still very raw but can improve further.

Beavon (6) Good, intelligent player but he and MFT were on a different wavelength.

Subs:

Carrington (7) We immediately looked better when he came on, and deserves to start at either RB or LB.

Rutherford (6) Covered a lot of ground as he tried to break up play.

Pyke (7) Made a massive difference. Big, strong, quick and intelligent. He really must start.

Funny (peculiar) game. They missed loads of chances and should have had the game won by half-time. However, credit to us for keeping going and taking our chances. Football is all about scoring goals, and we now seem to have plenty of options.
Old 12th August 2018, 07.55:20   #32-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Lainton 8
Roberts 5 (Carrington 7)
Smith 8
Pearson 7
Jennings 8
Summerfield 7
Wright 6
Young 6 (Rutherford 7)
Fondop 6
Maguire Drew 7
Beavon 6 (Pyke 7)
Old 12th August 2018, 09.31:41   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Lainton (9) Some great saves to prevent a drubbing.

Roberts (4) Can fully understand why he went off, as I had the bug, too, and felt bloody awful!

M Smith (8) Covered for Pearson and upped his game when needed.

Pearson (5) Looked all at sea at times. Passing was often woeful.

Jennings (5) Good cross for the goal but still dawdles on the ball.

Summerfield (7) Had a few brain farts but upped his game in the second-half.

Young (6) Looked our best midfielder until he picked up the knock.

Wright (6) His game is let down by his poor positional play. He’s strong and aggressive but, all too often, gets the wrong side of his man.

Maguire-Drew (6) Surprised BT made him MOTM because he wasn’t in the game for much of the time. Nevertheless, the lad has ability and pace.

Fondop-Talom (6) Had more support today and battled hard against some big brutes. Still very raw but can improve further.

Beavon (6) Good, intelligent player but he and MFT were on a different wavelength.

Subs:

Carrington (7) We immediately looked better when he came on, and deserves to start at either RB or LB.

Rutherford (6) Covered a lot of ground as he tried to break up play.

Pyke (7) Made a massive difference. Big, strong, quick and intelligent. He really must start.

Funny (peculiar) game. They missed loads of chances and should have had the game won by half-time. However, credit to us for keeping going and taking our chances. Football is all about scoring goals, and we now seem to have plenty of options.
You've shown yourself up there with Jennings PD! I know you hate him and to be honest he's the 1st one I would replace but even you have to admit he was very good yesterday
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th August 2018, 10.27:40   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
You've shown yourself up there with Jennings PD! I know you hate him and to be honest he's the 1st one I would replace but even you have to admit he was very good yesterday
Posted via mobile theme
He was better than his usual mediocrity, but still no better than a 6.
Great cross for the goal, but those good balls in are at a ratio of at least 1:10.
He was still hesitant on the ball and tends to turn into dead ends.
Tackling defensive-wise was better from him.
Still think we can do better.
Old 12th August 2018, 12.06:12   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Left side

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegatered View Post
This is the third game in a row where the left back of the opposing team has freedom to attack our right flank. I thing this has got round among managers
And is an obvious weakness. Why is this.
It's the game plan. You pull your full backs in narrow, force the opponent to put the ball out on the wings rather than being able to run at the defense. Then you can put two players on the winger to isolate him, forcing him to either play a rushed cross or lose possession.

My nerves about Ricketts being unproven are melting away every time I watch Wrexham. His experience as a player at modern high level football has given him a tactical knowledge that I haven't seen before from a Wrexham manager. Having him, as well as the Ward money, there's no reason we shouldn't be finishing in the top 3 at the least.
Old 12th August 2018, 12.12:58   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Default Re: Left side

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegatered View Post
This is the third game in a row where the left back of the opposing team has freedom to attack our right flank. I thing this has got round among managers
And is an obvious weakness. Why is this.
That’s how you defend properly.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.02:49.