RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sickness bug (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112362-sickness-bug.html)

Rob 11th August 2018 14.34:39

Sickness bug

Comments after the game indicate several players affected by a bug and a few were not due to play and a sub or two was due to the illness.

Anyone got any red and white hazmat suits?!

FieldtownRed 11th August 2018 15.10:26

Re: Sickness bug

Roberts must have been one of the players affected. Had a shocker until substituted.

ABd 11th August 2018 15.12:10

Why did Roberts even start if he had an illness.. unless he was playing it down to the coaching staff.

corwenred 11th August 2018 15.12:28

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2172694]Roberts must have been one of the players affected. Had a shocker until substituted.[/QUOTE]

Really? thought he was solid defensively not great getting forward but we get that with Roberts. My mate pointed out that he was looking rough. Fairplay Carrington slotted in no problems.

welshgrunt 11th August 2018 15.13:09

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2172694]Roberts must have been one of the players affected. Had a shocker until substituted.[/QUOTE]

He was.... said in the commentary during the match. Hard to be too critical of any of the performances knowing this. Could have ended up with a Gary Lineker moment on live tv.... eek !

davewilli 11th August 2018 15.17:25

Ruthers into midfield worked for us today but at the time it was a bit surprising Carra didn't get the nod after his display on Tuesday. It figures now Carra was always earmarked to come to replace the sick Roberts.

ABd 11th August 2018 15.27:00

Should Carra be the first choice right back? He rarely makes mistakes, probably why so many managers have kept him on our books. Remember he won the player of the season at right back in 14/15 (I think - although that was a shocking season).

panda23 11th August 2018 16.00:11

[QUOTE=ABd;2172713]Should Carra be the first choice right back? He rarely makes mistakes, probably why so many managers have kept him on our books. Remember he won the player of the season at right back in 14/15 (I think - although that was a shocking season).[/QUOTE]

Fair play to Carra, slots in well when needed. Every squad needs a Carra :cool3:

northwalian dragon 11th August 2018 16.26:01

Apparently Lainton was sick 3 times before the game

wrexhamandy 11th August 2018 16.27:19

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2172735]Apparently Lainton was sick 3 times before the game[/QUOTE]

Sick with....AMAZING SAVES.

wreck's 'em 11th August 2018 16.35:07

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2172735]Apparently Lainton was sick 3 times before the game[/QUOTE]

Think we all can see Lainton is sick. 😉

welshian 11th August 2018 16.55:17

[QUOTE=wreck's 'em;2172742]Think we all can see Lainton is sick. 😉[/QUOTE]

Think you mean slick.

podders 11th August 2018 17.23:09

Have Chester got the same bug? Seems they where leaky at the back today too!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Junior Shabadoo 11th August 2018 17.25:46

I'd love to know what the intelligentsia on here see when they keep saying Kevin Roberts is rubbish week after week. It's mental, he wasn't noticeably worse than most of the others in a first half that was difficult.

davewilli 11th August 2018 18.23:47

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2172771]I'd love to know what the intelligentsia on here see when they keep saying Kevin Roberts is rubbish week after week. It's mental, he wasn't noticeably worse than most of the others in a first half that was difficult.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree, he is generally tidy in everything he does and did ok today considering he was not well. He may not be a sprinter like Obeng but he reads the game well and goes about his business in an assured manner. The same goes for the rest of the back 4, at our level they are quality and their record speaks for itself. Hopefully, they can be as consistent as last season and this time we have a midfield and forward line who can excel with confidence we don't concede cheaply.

Keyser Söze 11th August 2018 18.53:07

Given the sickness bug through the squad it makes today’s result even more impressive.

NottsRed 11th August 2018 19.37:51

[QUOTE=Keyser Söze;2172841]Given the sickness bug through the squad it makes today’s result even more impressive.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Last time i had a sickness bug i couldn't get out of bed for two days so to go out and play 90 minutes of football and win 3 - 0 is such a good result against one of the better rated teams in the league.

Inside Left 11th August 2018 21.42:52

I believe there was mention of pies on the television coverage.

pagl 12th August 2018 04.57:27

[QUOTE=podders;2172767]Have Chester got the same bug? Seems they where leaky at the back today too!

Could be something they 8

pagl 12th August 2018 05.00:52

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2172771]I'd love to know what the intelligentsia on here see when they keep saying Kevin Roberts is rubbish week after week. It's mental, he wasn't noticeably worse than most of the others in a first half that was difficult.

His marking is poor and so was his communication with Drew as he was all over the place positionally. Far steadier when Carra came on.

Needs to up his game IMO.

moynkeepthefaith 12th August 2018 05.14:23

[QUOTE=pagl;2172963]His marking is poor and so was his communication with Drew as he was all over the place positionally. Far steadier when Carra came on.

Needs to up his game IMO.[/QUOTE]

Personally don't think his marking is poor and communication is surely a two way street. We all felt he tired very quickly which now of course makes sense.
The way we are setup with Drew clearly much more offensive means there are gaps on the right. Carrington never does anything wrong and his treatment on here by some is strange at best.

davewilli 12th August 2018 07.50:07

[QUOTE=pagl;2172963]His marking is poor and so was his communication with Drew as he was all over the place positionally. Far steadier when Carra came on.

Needs to up his game IMO.[/QUOTE]

Get well soon Kev, well done for giving it 45 yesterday.

Flumpadinks a RED 12th August 2018 09.46:23

Hopefully all have a clean bill of health looking to Tuesdays game.

griffin 12th August 2018 13.25:35

Roberts tucks in way to much leaving loads of space on our righthand side.
The opposition always have options down our right due to the amount of space available.
Roberts is not the quickest and leaves himself with a lot to do when the ball is played into that area.

NottsRed 12th August 2018 13.50:19

[QUOTE=griffin;2173076]Roberts tucks in way to much leaving loads of space on our righthand side.
The opposition always have options down our right due to the amount of space available.
Roberts is not the quickest and leaves himself with a lot to do when the ball is played into that area.[/QUOTE]

To be fair though Carrington was doing that a lot yesterday as well. Not sure if its a tactic that Ricketts wants to use?

pagl 12th August 2018 14.30:19

[QUOTE=davewilli;2172984]Get well soon Kev, well done for giving it 45 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

All credit for trying to play through it but the trots takes it out of you physically especially the dehydration aspect. The smart move would have been to tell the manager that he wasnt fit enough.

Anyway job done and move onto Tuesday :)

Red Light 12th August 2018 14.39:30

Things can change very quickly in a match - you may think your OK to start and feeling fine but a bug can very quickly take over and hit you hard.

Someone else mentioned sharing water bottles - needs to be stamped out and fast.

Perhaps the players will be told to stay away until Tuesday or Monday pm if an overnight
stop is involved. We don't want to lose players or field a below par team at Maidenhead.

davewilli 12th August 2018 14.53:47

[QUOTE=pagl;2173089]All credit for trying to play through it but the trots takes it out of you physically especially the dehydration aspect. The smart move would have been to tell the manager that he wasnt fit enough.

Anyway job done and move onto Tuesday :)[/QUOTE]

I guess it was part of the plan, to get through as long as he could, hence why no straight swap of Carra for Young. The bonus being Ruthers proved he can do a job advanced centre mid.

John Neals Dynasty 13th August 2018 00.45:49

He was awful on Saturday his positional sense wasn't good, the Borehamwood left back had lots of open space to attack as Roberts was continually drifting into the centre of defence, on top of that his distribution was terrible, yes it could of been down to illness, but Carrington did a lot better when he came on.

For me the player that changed the game was Pyke he was outstanding when he came on.

davewilli 13th August 2018 06.06:39

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2173222]He was awful on Saturday his positional sense wasn't good, the Borehamwood left back had lots of open space to attack as Roberts was continually drifting into the centre of defence, on top of that his distribution was terrible, yes it could of been down to illness, but Carrington did a lot better when he came on.

For me the player that changed the game was Pyke he was outstanding when he came on.

I'm not sure you can blame Roberts for that: Pearson got caught out too far up a couple of times and Roberts had to move across to cover. If we want JMD high up where he can hurt teams it will leave room for the opposition's left back to run into if we continue as likely with a flat back 4. JMD will have to track back when he can but there will be times when he is missing. Our full backs will get more exposed with the shift from 442 but this is where the midfield 3 will have to work their nuts off and 1 will have to get out there to help stop that threat.

Always The Kop 13th August 2018 11.17:02

[QUOTE=Flumpadinks a RED;2173025]Hopefully all have a clean bill of health looking to Tuesdays game.[/QUOTE]

Spoke to a player this morning, seems a clean bill of health ahead of tomorrow's game. Maybe one of them 24 hr things where your perfectly okay then in stomach churning agony and then as quick as it came its gone.

COYR

sionwxm 13th August 2018 21.17:07

Hopefully this has left the camp by now. I’m assuming they’ve travelled to Maidenhead this evening, so hope they can re charge the batteries before a big game tomorrow.! COYR

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.36:24.