RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny & Pearson (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112366-manny-pearson.html)

Wrex1991 11th August 2018 22.14:11

Manny & Pearson

3 games in, 3 clean sheets & 3 games nearer to the contracts running out!!!! For me the defence has been solid since the start of last season. With Pearson he is also a brilliant captain. Neither of these can be replaced. I may be panicking early but if some league 1 club comes sniffing in January they will take them both. Surely some of the Liverpool money has to be used to protect us. Get these on a 2 year extension and give them what they deserve.....

davewilli 11th August 2018 22.20:57

Re: Manny & Pearson

[QUOTE=Wrex1991;2172937]3 games in, 3 clean sheets & 3 games nearer to the contracts running out!!!! For me the defence has been solid since the start of last season. With Pearson he is also a brilliant captain. Neither of these can be replaced. I may be panicking early but if some league 1 club comes sniffing in January they will take them both. Surely some of the Liverpool money has to be used to protect us. Get these on a 2 year extension and give them what they deserve.....[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't just single these boys out, if we continue to be as good as last season defensively the whole back 4 should be rewarded with extensions. It would be fantastic if we can get some real stability in the squad, that's the incentive but for now let them earn 2 year deals.

Red Light 11th August 2018 22.45:36

But if we went up to L2 would they be good enough ?
Always a dilemma for a manager of a club in pursuit of promotion - if you tie enough players up on long term contracts your stuck with the same personnel at a higher level.
Also the potential to rock the boat and cause discontent in the camp with some getting extensions and others not.
Perhaps a balancing act by Ricketts - Tranmere having gone up have still retained Steve Mcnulty who is still a regular starter for them - with many people writing him off.
Pearson & Smith as a long term double act would be difficult to replace and are young enough to still have some good years in them - I think Ricketts is no fool but in reality he's only just landed here - he will probably want to see how his newly acquired players perform over a number of games - the extensions may well follow but at the current time there doesn't appear to be any need for an urgent decision.

corwenred 11th August 2018 23.00:36

Easily the best center back pairing in the league. If one gets a bit caught out the other is there to clear up. Pearson had a hell of a battle on his hands today and Manny provided cover superbly.

TheTyphoon 11th August 2018 23.44:52

[QUOTE=corwenred;2172945]Easily the best center back pairing in the league. If one gets a bit caught out the other is there to clear up. Pearson had a hell of a battle on his hands today and Manny provided cover superbly.[/QUOTE]

The pair of them are immense. Manny won everything, and Pearson just conducted the show.

LWR 12th August 2018 00.01:25

No reason whatsoever why they shouldnt be offered new contracts asap.

Birdy 12th August 2018 00.25:33

[QUOTE=LWR;2172954]No reason whatsoever why they shouldnt be offered new contracts asap.[/QUOTE]

calm down we have only played 3 games

LWR 12th August 2018 00.27:20

[QUOTE=Birdy;2172956]calm down we have only played 3 games[/QUOTE]

So last seasons performances count for nothing?

Birdy 12th August 2018 00.30:08

[QUOTE=LWR;2172957]So last seasons performances count for nothing?[/QUOTE]

well they have no bearing at all on this season

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.18:44.