RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sam Ricketts appreciation thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112368-sam-ricketts-appreciation-thread.html)

harrypothead 12th August 2018 07.56:12

Sam Ricketts appreciation thread

I feel that the main man deserves a bit of credit for the start he has had. Losing most of the back room staff, also Wedgebury going who was a top player for us last season, the way he went about his business by waiting to sign the better players and also bringing in a striker like Big Mike Fondop. The team has a long way to go, but so far so good. The negativity from a large part of the fan base is now turning, and we can say we have good exiting football to watch on a Saturday and Tuesday for now on.

Well done Mr Sam Ricketts, and lets all hope that team improves as they get to know each other, because with the players we have here, I can't see why we can't be challenging for the top stop come the end of the season.

Ddraigoch 12th August 2018 08.13:23

Re: Sam Ricketts appreciation thread

Do you mind, Samuel D Ricketts!

davewilli 12th August 2018 08.16:15

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2172987]I feel that the main man deserves a bit of credit for the start he has had. Losing most of the back room staff, also Wedgebury going who was a top player for us last season, the way he went about his business by waiting to sign the better players and also bringing in a striker like Big Mike Fondop. The team has a long way to go, but so far so good. The negativity from a large part of the fan base is now turning, and we can say we have good exiting football to watch on a Saturday and Tuesday for now on.

Well done Mr Sam Ricketts, and lets all hope that team improves as they get to know each other, because with the players we have here, I can't see why we can't be challenging for the top stop come the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

Here here! Great start Sam, everyone can now see the potential and I'm sure SDR and his backroom will put the work in to ensure we kick on. For me SDR should take the most credit for yesterday, he made someone positive changes to get us on the offensive when we had been second best and his young players responded. Bold decision to use your last sub with 30 to go and pushing Summerfield 10-15 yards higher up alongside Ruthers, which stopped us dropping deep as per last season.

Ddraigoch 12th August 2018 08.16:23

I have to say he is raising the professionalism level at the club. None of your talking to the press in the corridor. Sat in front of a table, doing the job a la Champions League!

A large photograph of a certain Mickey Thomas goal for the players to touch before leaving the changing room and all round improvements.

Well done Samuel

Part Timer 12th August 2018 08.55:42

He realised from Tuesday that one up front doesn’t really work and changed it for yesterday.

Hopefully he’s realised that we are better balanced with Rutherford in the side and can only play 2 out of the 3 current central midfielders. I think Young has to start on the bench for the time being.

FieldtownRed 12th August 2018 09.10:22

“Negativity from a large part of the fan base”

Lol, you mean the usual red passion helmets.

wrexhamandy 12th August 2018 09.17:17

Must say, his ability to change things during the match has impressed me the most so far. Showing a lot of tactical nous for a rookie.

Flumpadinks a RED 12th August 2018 09.43:20

Looks well in his match day suit, open buttons as well. Does he wear a track suit for training?

dixienormous 12th August 2018 10.04:33

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2172996]I have to say he is raising the professionalism level at the club. None of your talking to the press in the corridor. Sat in front of a table, doing the job a la Champions League!

A large photograph of a certain Mickey Thomas goal for the players to touch before leaving the changing room and all round improvements.

Well done Samuel[/QUOTE]

Photo of Mickey?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.27:32.