RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Only five places nailed. Good! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112369-only-five-places-nailed-good.html)

Congy Red 12th August 2018 11.05:43

Only five places nailed. Good!

Lainton, Jennings, Pearson, M Smith, and Wright are for me the only guaranteed starters from their performances so far. The only negative I see in this is that Jennings could do with someone else to push him (He was ace yesterday to be fair)

We've had good performances from everyone else, but they've all got challengers. Probably the strongest call for another certainty is Fondop, but even he has Pyke and Beavon wanting a starting place and offering more than he does in certain areas.

Looking at this another way, if I were to judge the players in the squad that won't get much game time, barring serious injuries I'd say Leo, Tharme and Deverdics. Deverdics is the odd one; we get a more complete performance from Summerfield/Young/Carrington than he can provide in midfield and in attack he's got even more serious challengers. I think short term loans for Smith and Deverdics is good business.

Jebudo 12th August 2018 11.18:32

Re: Only five places nailed. Good!

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2173038]Lainton, Jennings, Pearson, M Smith, and Wright are for me the only guaranteed starters from their performances so far. The only negative I see in this is that Jennings could do with someone else to push him (He was ace yesterday to be fair)

We've had good performances from everyone else, but they've all got challengers. Probably the strongest call for another certainty is Fondop, but even he has Pyke and Beavon wanting a starting place and offering more than he does in certain areas.

Looking at this another way, if I were to judge the players in the squad that won't get much game time, barring serious injuries I'd say Leo, Tharme and Deverdics. Deverdics is the odd one; we get a more complete performance from Summerfield/Young/Carrington than he can provide in midfield and in attack he's got even more serious challengers. I think short term loans for Smith and Deverdics is good business.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh Maguire-Drew?

pagl 12th August 2018 11.19:18

Do we have cover for MTF as I dont think Beavon/Pyke offer the same threat as the 3rd goal showed. Not sure Wright is a certainty either as his positional play is a bit suspect in the middle, often caught wrong side in both games this week.

Current players are in possession of the shirt so it will be up to the others to perform which is quite a pleasing position to be in. Well potentially anyway.

Congy Red 12th August 2018 11.24:15

[QUOTE=Jebudo;2173040]Uhhh Maguire-Drew?[/QUOTE]

Maguire-Drew is not nailed on for me. When Rutherford cam on you could see what JMD is not doing ; that's tackling back, harrying and making things happen. It might be fitness, but first half I thought he was poor.

Congy Red 12th August 2018 11.26:20

[QUOTE=pagl;2173042]Do we have cover for MTF as I dont think Beavon/Pyke offer the same threat as the 3rd goal showed. Not sure Wright is a certainty either as his positional play is a bit suspect in the middle, often caught wrong side in both games this week.

Current players are in possession of the shirt so it will be up to the others to perform which is quite a pleasing position to be in. Well potentially anyway.[/QUOTE]

Interesting to see Pyke have a go. That was one hell of a poachers goal and his close control might be better than Fondop's.

OneLoveWrexham 12th August 2018 11.31:21

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2173045]Maguire-Drew is not nailed on for me. When Rutherford cam on you could see what JMD is not doing ; that's tackling back, harrying and making things happen. It might be fitness, but first half I thought he was poor.[/QUOTE]
Lol, you’d rather Rutherford play than JMD because he was ‘harrying’ and ‘tackling back’? Megalolz, if any one is going to ‘make things happen’ it’s JMD. If JMD was ‘tackling back’ he wouldn’t of been in position to score that goal, JMD has made more happen in 2 games that what Rutherford has in the last 2 seasons.

Congy Red 12th August 2018 11.42:39

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2173048]Lol, you’d rather Rutherford play than JMD because he was ‘harrying’ and ‘tackling back’? Megalolz, if any one is going to ‘make things happen’ it’s JMD. If JMD was ‘tackling back’ he wouldn’t of been in position to score that goal, JMD has made more happen in 2 games that what Rutherford has in the last 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]

Ha Megamega Lolzzzz, if we had stuck with the first half performance we'd have lost 3-1

fezbob 12th August 2018 11.49:42

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2173045]Maguire-Drew is not nailed on for me. When Rutherford cam on you could see what JMD is not doing ; that's tackling back, harrying and making things happen. It might be fitness, but first half I thought he was poor.[/QUOTE]

Don't need a potential match winner on the pitch anyway.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 12th August 2018 11.50:41

He's probably the best player we've had for years, a game changer. He's nailed on mate. Rutherford might make a vital block to stop us losing, Maguire-Drew will score a vital goal to win a game.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.37:07.