RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   What Happens on the Team Coach (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112375-what-happens-team-coach.html)

Foxy 14th August 2018 09.13:35

What Happens on the Team Coach

I have always wondered about the practicalities of the team coach given that so few players now live locally. Principally, do all the players have to drive to Wrexham and then get on at the Racecourse, or are they picked up and dropped off along the way. As they head back up north from a win at Maidenhead tonight will a very happy Manny Smith put his head next to the driver's ear and say: "Can you go left on the M42 boss and drop me off in Halesowen ?"

If anyone has been on these journeys it would be interesting to know.

Also, do they still stop for fish and chips on the way back, or have tastes become somewhat more discerning in recent years; maybe Ruthers takes them all to his favourite Lebanese restaurant in Birmingham ?

And what do they do to pass time away ? Is it still the old card school snap or do they all sit there as atomised individuals browsing their smartphones and seeing how many marks out of 10 they have been given on Red
Passion ? Waiting for another outburst from James Jennings when he sees yet again that he has been given 4/10 by Prodigal Dragon.

Perhaps after a win Shaun Pearson leads a cheery rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" or maybe have a defeat "We're on the Road to Nowhere."

It would be interesting to know exactly what does happen on those journeys.

Alan Attack 14th August 2018 09.17:41

Re: What Happens on the Team Coach

Bored, Foxy?!

flintred1983 14th August 2018 09.22:22

Do they have a bus kangaroo

Socrates 14th August 2018 09.35:34

[QUOTE=Foxy;2173516]I have always wondered about the practicalities of the team coach given that so few players now live locally. Principally, do all the players have to drive to Wrexham and then get on at the Racecourse, or are they picked up and dropped off along the way. As they head back up north from a win at Maidenhead tonight will a very happy Manny Smith put his head next to the driver's ear and say: "Can you go left on the M42 boss and drop me off in Halesowen ?"

If anyone has been on these journeys it would be interesting to know.

Also, do they still stop for fish and chips on the way back, or have tastes become somewhat more discerning in recent years; maybe Ruthers takes them all to his favourite Lebanese restaurant in Birmingham ?

And what do they do to pass time away ? Is it still the old card school snap or do they all sit there as atomised individuals browsing their smartphones and seeing how many marks out of 10 they have been given on Red
Passion ? Waiting for another outburst from James Jennings when he sees yet again that he has been given 4/10 by Prodigal Dragon.

Perhaps after a win Shaun Pearson leads a cheery rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" or maybe have a defeat "We're on the Road to Nowhere."

It would be interesting to know exactly what does happen on those journeys.[/QUOTE]

The bus does pick up along the way at agreed destinations. Last time I was on the coach has satellite TV including Sky Sports and then there is the card schools, other will watch programmes on their tablets, sleep, read or listen to music. Each player will have their own preferred method of passing the time

Ddraigoch 14th August 2018 09.35:57

I believe they used to consider it good luck if they saw a hearse on the way to a game! No idea why!

Foxy 14th August 2018 09.37:18

[QUOTE=Socrates;2173521]The bus does pick up along the way at agreed destinations. Last time I was on the coach has satellite TV including Sky Sports and then there is the card schools, other will watch programmes on their tablets, sleep, read or listen to music. Each player will have their own preferred method of passing the time[/QUOTE]

Cheers Socrates. Wonder who is left when it arrives back In Wrexham.

Huffy 14th August 2018 09.38:40

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2173524]I believe they used to consider it good luck if they saw a hearse on the way to a game! No idea why![/QUOTE]

Better than seeing one on the way home after losing :freak:

dagg 14th August 2018 09.57:51

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2173524]I believe they used to consider it good luck if they saw a hearse on the way to a game! No idea why![/QUOTE]

I remember they dressed up as undertakers when we played Middlesbrough in the cup many years ago.

bartonbank 14th August 2018 10.10:49

In addition the meal of choice is pizza...delivered to the coach before they leave wherever they have been playing.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.57:22.