RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Assist the club to grow. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112391-assist-club-grow.html)

davewilli 15th August 2018 20.13:23

Assist the club to grow.

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/wst-volunteers-to-hand-out-membership-forms-renew-membership-membership-cards-available-to[/url]

Welsh Kiwi 15th August 2018 21.04:25

Re: Assist the club to grow.

It also needs campaign targets.

Targets drive ambition, conversation and motivation.

# 5,000 owners

BuckleyRed 16th August 2018 06.25:14

Buy a horse in Buckley and District Reds race night, all funds we raise go back into the club.

pagl 16th August 2018 08.03:53

[QUOTE=el poncho;2174323]It also needs campaign targets.
Targets drive ambition, conversation and motivation.
# 5,000 owners[/QUOTE]

The key point to all of this is - Follow up actions.

Campaigns and giving out flyers is all well and good but as we know from the numbers then up to 5,000 is currently achievable on the contacts that we already have. Lapsed members should be the priority after renewals are completed.

A win against Eastleigh however would set up a lot more interest in the next home game so it could be an ideal opportunity - if we win. :)

red_dragon 16th August 2018 08.58:39

Do we still do poster to advertise home games? If we all printed them and put them up in work etc it might get us a few more through the gate

FieldtownRed 16th August 2018 11.32:15

Incentives maybe? Get 5 mates to join the trust for a year - get a meal in bamfords before a home game.

John Neals Dynasty 16th August 2018 11.36:58

People who like football will already have their choice of club and youngsters will no doubt either follow their fathers club or jump on the bandwagon of a premiership one that's life I'm afraid.

If you go back to the good old days of the 70s our gates were big then without checking probably an average between 10-15000 in the successful years, but them days their was no sky/BT etc with near enough 7 days football on tv also a lot of those fans then have passed on or stopped watching us in the dismal 80s bar the hardcore 5000 fans.

Coming to today 10yrs out of the league and we have done well to keep the loyal hardcore 5k but when you talk about membership their is also a lot of fans who will never join as they will never except the current ownership, maybe if we actually get promoted and prosper in the league's above they might come round, but take the Stoke game away how many joined just to get priority tickets for that game? How many did we take to Wembley for the first Trophy game? Like all clubs we have bandwagon fans and if we keep this run going I've no doubt the gates could hit 7-8000 but as soon as a bad run starts they will disappear again, opening night game draw with Fylde and 1300 disappeared on Saturday, yes awful time bang on lunchtime for a game and Saturday workers, plus holidays will be one reason, but the save money watching TV also, the test will be to see the Saturday home game against Bromley a BH.

But to the point of the thread putting ⤴ posters won't attract fairweather fans or grow our support. The only thing that can grow it is winning and playing attacking football at home in a nutshell entertaining football which Sam Ricketts bless him is doing.

Also being a member what does the average Joe blogs get out of it?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wrexy 16th August 2018 11.44:57

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2174384]Incentives maybe? Get 5 mates to join the trust for a year - get a meal in bamfords before a home game.[/QUOTE]

Great idea,

I work in the London HQ of a bank and quite a few of the guys around me now 'follow' Wrexham as their second team. Partly that's due to me banging on about the clubs history, Arsenal win, how I worked on the turnstile etc etc. It also helps that one of the guys is from Chester so you can imagine the banter every day which everyone finds incredulous when you tell them the stories about crossbows, and the Town Hall clock only having three sides.

I showed the pic of last week's game under our floodlights and said how you can't beat a night time game at the Racecourse. People really want to see that for themselves.

Anyways, is there a package that anybody can recommend to hook them in? just to take in a game and experience something different from the Prem. A lot of the guys are from South America so huge footy fans. I could probably fill a mini-bus.

Once they've seen a game I'm sure I could get them to become part owners, buy a kit etc.

Red Light 16th August 2018 11.59:38

The bigger the ship gets the more people (volunteers) are needed to fulfil the administration role - think it has got a whole lot better in last year or so.

Personally, and through choice I like to keep things simple - I go to the club shop with my credit card pre season and sort out 2 x season ticket renewals and 2 club ownership renewals - for forking out hundreds of pounds in one go I get charged an additional £3 x 2 because I have n't done it via standing order and have generated additional admin work - perhaps so but perhaps not everyone wants to 'pay' for the goods in the same way and perhaps not everyone has bank accounts with cash in - it seems to me that those with lesser incomes who don't do on line banking and have a computer are the ones that have to pay more - not just this but in life generally.

It used to be a simple process of paying £12 a year - I see on the club website fans are now being asked for a pound a week instead of a pound a year - of course you can pay more of you wish but the higher 'the ask' the more people might turn away altogether.

Also for the casual fan especially if they never travel to away matches there seems very little benefit to joining other than knowing it's a few more quid in the clubs till.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.52:11.