Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th August 2018, 20.13:23   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Assist the club to grow.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/ws...s-available-to
Old 15th August 2018, 21.04:25   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Default Re: Assist the club to grow.

It also needs campaign targets.

Targets drive ambition, conversation and motivation.

# 5,000 owners
Old 16th August 2018, 06.25:14   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Buy a horse in Buckley and District Reds race night, all funds we raise go back into the club.
Old 16th August 2018, 08.03:53   #4-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
It also needs campaign targets.
Targets drive ambition, conversation and motivation.
# 5,000 owners
The key point to all of this is - Follow up actions.

Campaigns and giving out flyers is all well and good but as we know from the numbers then up to 5,000 is currently achievable on the contacts that we already have. Lapsed members should be the priority after renewals are completed.

A win against Eastleigh however would set up a lot more interest in the next home game so it could be an ideal opportunity - if we win.
Old 16th August 2018, 08.58:39   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Do we still do poster to advertise home games? If we all printed them and put them up in work etc it might get us a few more through the gate
Old 16th August 2018, 11.32:15   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Incentives maybe? Get 5 mates to join the trust for a year - get a meal in bamfords before a home game.
Old 16th August 2018, 11.36:58   #7-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

People who like football will already have their choice of club and youngsters will no doubt either follow their fathers club or jump on the bandwagon of a premiership one that's life I'm afraid.

If you go back to the good old days of the 70s our gates were big then without checking probably an average between 10-15000 in the successful years, but them days their was no sky/BT etc with near enough 7 days football on tv also a lot of those fans then have passed on or stopped watching us in the dismal 80s bar the hardcore 5000 fans.

Coming to today 10yrs out of the league and we have done well to keep the loyal hardcore 5k but when you talk about membership their is also a lot of fans who will never join as they will never except the current ownership, maybe if we actually get promoted and prosper in the league's above they might come round, but take the Stoke game away how many joined just to get priority tickets for that game? How many did we take to Wembley for the first Trophy game? Like all clubs we have bandwagon fans and if we keep this run going I've no doubt the gates could hit 7-8000 but as soon as a bad run starts they will disappear again, opening night game draw with Fylde and 1300 disappeared on Saturday, yes awful time bang on lunchtime for a game and Saturday workers, plus holidays will be one reason, but the save money watching TV also, the test will be to see the Saturday home game against Bromley a BH.

But to the point of the thread putting ⤴ posters won't attract fairweather fans or grow our support. The only thing that can grow it is winning and playing attacking football at home in a nutshell entertaining football which Sam Ricketts bless him is doing.

Also being a member what does the average Joe blogs get out of it?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th August 2018, 11.44:57   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Incentives maybe? Get 5 mates to join the trust for a year - get a meal in bamfords before a home game.
Great idea,

I work in the London HQ of a bank and quite a few of the guys around me now 'follow' Wrexham as their second team. Partly that's due to me banging on about the clubs history, Arsenal win, how I worked on the turnstile etc etc. It also helps that one of the guys is from Chester so you can imagine the banter every day which everyone finds incredulous when you tell them the stories about crossbows, and the Town Hall clock only having three sides.

I showed the pic of last week's game under our floodlights and said how you can't beat a night time game at the Racecourse. People really want to see that for themselves.

Anyways, is there a package that anybody can recommend to hook them in? just to take in a game and experience something different from the Prem. A lot of the guys are from South America so huge footy fans. I could probably fill a mini-bus.

Once they've seen a game I'm sure I could get them to become part owners, buy a kit etc.

Last edited by Wrexy; 16th August 2018 at 11.46:35..
Old 16th August 2018, 11.59:38   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

The bigger the ship gets the more people (volunteers) are needed to fulfil the administration role - think it has got a whole lot better in last year or so.

Personally, and through choice I like to keep things simple - I go to the club shop with my credit card pre season and sort out 2 x season ticket renewals and 2 club ownership renewals - for forking out hundreds of pounds in one go I get charged an additional £3 x 2 because I have n't done it via standing order and have generated additional admin work - perhaps so but perhaps not everyone wants to 'pay' for the goods in the same way and perhaps not everyone has bank accounts with cash in - it seems to me that those with lesser incomes who don't do on line banking and have a computer are the ones that have to pay more - not just this but in life generally.

It used to be a simple process of paying £12 a year - I see on the club website fans are now being asked for a pound a week instead of a pound a year - of course you can pay more of you wish but the higher 'the ask' the more people might turn away altogether.

Also for the casual fan especially if they never travel to away matches there seems very little benefit to joining other than knowing it's a few more quid in the clubs till.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.50:31.