RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Newport meltdown (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112401-newport-meltdown.html)

ugarte007 18th August 2018 20.40:35

Re: Newport meltdown

Fans were cestrians at wembley

sparky 18th August 2018 20.45:50

A complete shithole of a town and club. When they go it will be good riddance.

draig arian 19th August 2018 12.17:49

[QUOTE=sparky;2175214]A complete shithole of a town and club. When they go it will be good riddance.[/QUOTE]

It beat Wrexham to become a City ----years before we also lost to St. Asaph
( because it has a cathedral ). Wrexham has a cathedral but that does'nt count because it's catholic. Btw you are right about Newport.

Vambo 19th August 2018 12.50:36

[QUOTE=Aran;2174925]Newport County could be put up for sale as the club seek external investment.

The League Two club launched a consultation with fans asking whether to continue its current ownership model, invite outside investment or even takeover offers.

At a Supporters Trust meeting it was confirmed around 75% of 750 fans polled were in favour of a "hybrid ownership model."

That comes as the club say their FA Cup run saved them from a loss of £541,300.

We may have endured many years of hurt but I'm so glad we are who we are and we are where we are.[/QUOTE]

Except they're a league club and we're not.

fezbob 19th August 2018 13.00:44

[QUOTE=draig arian;2175375]It beat Wrexham to become a City ----years before we also lost to St. Asaph
( because it has a cathedral ). Wrexham has a cathedral but that does'nt count because it's catholic. Btw you are right about Newport.[/QUOTE]

They held a public vote on applying for city status - the people of Wrexham said no but the council went ahead anyway. I'm not sure anyone was particularly arsed when we lost out.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dalekshire 19th August 2018 14.05:09

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch

BillEBadass 19th August 2018 16.08:45

[QUOTE=sparky;2175214]A complete shithole of a town and club. When they go it will be good riddance.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a tiny bit harsh, I once met one of their supporters who seemed a tidy enough chap - but apart from that...….

barnsley 19th August 2018 21.01:55

they were sods at wemberly I hope they go bust.

Ugolini 19th August 2018 21.25:59

[QUOTE=draig arian;2175375]It beat Wrexham to become a City ----years before we also lost to St. Asaph
( because it has a cathedral ). Wrexham has a cathedral but that does'nt count because it's catholic. Btw you are right about Newport.[/QUOTE]

No. Wrexham didn't become a city because the noisy minority were against it!! Nothing to do with cathedrals.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.39:27.