Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd August 2018, 15.27:07   #81-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Newport meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Let's be honest here if your team wins promotion at Wembley in the play offs it's natural to over celebrate, we would of done the same if we had won. That's football.
Posted via mobile theme
Yes I agree absolutely JND. Being honest is good and transparent. The definition of overly celebrating is obviously open to interpretation. Am sure a few Wrexham fans would have done exactly the same as the Newport fans did. But I also saw the examples of Newport fans laughing at wxm kids and that was the bit that seemed over the top and unnecessary. No matter how excited they were at beating a bigger welsh club to the promotion door...
Fair play well done for winning but You just remember stuff like that.
Old 22nd August 2018, 15.35:52   #82-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

We're there on Saturday. Hopefully grab our second win of the season.

Been a bit of an indifferent start for us but we're improving immeasurably after the 4-1 home defeat to FGR on the first day of the season. We won at Macc quite comfortable and deserved the 3 points at home to Lincoln on Saturday, but for Akindepen.

Drew 1 all at Ba$tard Franchise Scum FC last night (Isn't it great to see them a level below Wimbledon this season) which was a decent result too so here's hoping for 3 points on Saturday.

We will have to score at least two though as Podge always scores against us. I won't be able to make the trip however as I'm going to a beer festival in Ostend for the weekend.

Last edited by les.gtfc; 22nd August 2018 at 15.41:10..
Old 22nd August 2018, 19.25:11   #83-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Yes I agree absolutely JND. Being honest is good and transparent. The definition of overly celebrating is obviously open to interpretation. Am sure a few Wrexham fans would have done exactly the same as the Newport fans did. But I also saw the examples of Newport fans laughing at wxm kids and that was the bit that seemed over the top and unnecessary. No matter how excited they were at beating a bigger welsh club to the promotion door...
Fair play well done for winning but You just remember stuff like that.
Re "bigger Welsh Club", There's an old saying that size doesn't matter.
Old 23rd August 2018, 14.14:50   #84-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
When I was walking out of Wembley with my wife and kids we seen a couple of kids crying and the father was holding them, some Newport fans in the above section were shouting and laughing pointing at these kids who must of only been about 6-8 years. Personally, don’t care what happens either way to them but don’t ask for a donation for the bucket.
Hahaha, classic. You'd have thought they'd be used to abject failure even at that age.
Old 23rd August 2018, 14.16:57   #85-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Personally I have never felt any link or association with South Wales.
We have the North and the South which are miles apart and divided by a lot of sheep strewn low populated hills.

In reality we have more affinity with the north west of England - after all it's on the doorstep where many of us work, visit and shop. I have no more a link with South Wales than I do with Gloucester & Bristol - areas I have no association with nor ever visit - the point being how can Newport be a serious rival other than due to them falling within a map boundary the other side of the country. Chester and Tranmere are our rivals.
Very true. It also helps to be playing in the same league to be considered a true rival. Fingers crossed that will be next season the way you've started.
Old 23rd August 2018, 14.19:19   #86-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
The fact they're a league above us makes me feel ill...
There are plenty of smaller clubs than us in League Two, and at least a couple in League One as well.

The fact we are above you in the pyramid says more about your failure than it does about anything else. Stop fannying around in the Conference and get back to where you belong.
Old 23rd August 2018, 14.39:06   #87-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

If only we could artificially inflate our budget, we’d be in the league too. We do, however, have the opportunity to throw a bit more money at it this season. We'll see.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.08:05.