Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th August 2018, 07.39:23   #46-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games
Twitter: @

Default Re: Eastleigh ratings

I would rather focus on the positives and will never understand the need to pick out one player for criticism. Last season a few of the fans appeared to target Carragher who is a good footballer and will play anywhere for the team . Right back , left back and any position across the midfield . He performs better in some roles than others but is more than adequate in most roles .

This year a couple of fans are getting on Deverdic’s back but the vast majority identify that he is returning from injury and is a good technical player . He will come good and be an asset to the team over the next 8 months .

Big Mike is a young lad . The extremely slow walk back following bespoke goal celebrations are going to get him in trouble together with a possible elbow from some big centre half when the refs not looking . I expect Barrow may have had a word with him on the coach home but let’s take the positives
Old 19th August 2018, 07.40:49   #47-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Twitter: @shimosays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Until_The_Final_Whistle View Post
If you think Pearson having to pull the ball out of Fondop's hands is not worth knocking a few points off then you're delusional. If you think Fondop getting booked for celebrating twice for the cameras and then obstructing play resuming is not worth knocking a few more points off, then you're delusional. If you think that Fondop choosing to continue making sprints despite being clearly injured, risking further injury isn't worth knocking him down to a 4, I worry that you don't know what sport you're watching. It would have been lower if he hadn't have scored at the end.
Well done. You’ve got the attention you so clearly wanted with your WUM post. Now kindly go away please.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th August 2018, 07.42:17   #48-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Getting booked every time you score, holding the ball and demanding to take a free kick, and hogging the ball even when teammates are in a much better position are all bad traits for any footballer. Sure Cristiano Ronaldo might want it to always be the Ronaldo show, but even he doesn't celebrate twice every time he scores...
He’s actually been booked 25% of the times he’s scored, I believe. Which makes your post look fairly clueless.
Old 19th August 2018, 07.48:36   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Lainton 6 - Mostly solid, but a slip early and conceding is never good.

Carra 8 - Fantastic game for him, he controlled the right flank well and could always play himself out of any danger.
Pearson 7 - Won just about everything, fairly solid. The defense can't be blamed for the goal conceded.
Manny 9 - Manny of the match, no doubt. Fantastic game, scored one, forced the own goal AND was solid at the back.
Jennings 7 - Did his job, nothing special, no mess ups.

Summerfield 8 - his deliveries into the box were fantastic, and he carried the ball between defense and attack effectively.
Rutherford 8 - revelation at CAM, controlled the play and added some structure to an at times chaotic attack.
Wright 7 - he was good, but didn't really contribute anything of note.

JMD 5 - Overplayed a lot, and sure he came close to goal a few times, but it doesn't really matter if its off target... Really seemed disinterested after we conceded.
Fondop 4 - I'm beginning to really dislike the guy. He's a great goalscorer, but god he's a knob. Him having the personality of Richard Brodie can only be covered so much by his talent as an attacker. Selfish, ego-fuelled and will probably cause some dissonance in the squad over time.
Pyke 8 - Shining light up front, solid performance, won the ball effectively, lots of pace and played his role in the attack very well generally.

Holroyd 7 - Saved the game, reignited the team after conceding where it was beginning to look like we might lose.
Deverdics 4 - Ultimately to blame for the goal conceded. He came on and seemed lost, giving Eastleigh temporary control of the game, which they capitalised on.
Beavons 7 - Didn't get a lot of time on the pitch, but his touch was fantastic, he made the most of scraps and turned defense into attack effectively.

Not a bad performance, but definitely a lot to think about for Sam Ricketts.
Look at me, look at me.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th August 2018, 07.50:29   #50-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
In my eyes we're a proper football club. The fans are proper fans, the players play proper football, the ground is a proper ground, the history is a proper history. And then we've got some clown making a mockery of the club up front?

I'm not trying to put the team down here or anything, today was a convincing win, everyone worked hard and the win was very much deserved against a decent side. Just want other teams to look at us with a mix of admiration and envy, not look at us with pity like you might look at Salford or Billericay...
Making a mockery of the club? Give your head a wobble.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th August 2018, 08.06:44   #51-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I listened on the radio so my marks are based on what I heard. One thing in defence of Deverdics is that he is behind the rest in terms of fitnes and in his interview after the maidenhead game clearly acknowledged this. All those currently in the squad will have a role to play throughout the season and with injuries and big mike missing half the season through the huge accumulation of bookings, all players will be needed.

Lainton -7 did all that was required of him. An apparent flap early on but he got away with it.
Carra - 7 comes in for so much criticism but has been mr consistency this season
Pearson - 8 heads anything that comes his way and has managed to curb his outrage with refs
Manny - 8 it's August and Manny always scores in August! By sounds if it had an excellent game
Jennings - 7 he's improving and getting rid of the erratic side of his game

Wright -6 we all knew he should be playing last season, he's now proving us right
Rutherford 9 - both Calon and R Wales were overflowing in their compliments about his performance. Hope the injury is not too bad.
Summerfield - 8 couldn't believe we managed to get him but knew he would be class in this league and in this team.

JMD - 6 didn't hear too much about him
MFT - 6 he's raw, he needs consistency but whenever you hear his name you get excited wondering what he's going to do next. 4 in 5 will do for me.
Pyke - 5 didn't hear him mentioned much but I believe he was constant closing down.

Beavon, Holroyd and Deverdics not much mention of them when they came on.

Is this reflective of the game?
Old 19th August 2018, 08.13:45   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I listened on the radio so my marks are based on what I heard. One thing in defence of Deverdics is that he is behind the rest in terms of fitnes and in his interview after the maidenhead game clearly acknowledged this. All those currently in the squad will have a role to play throughout the season and with injuries and big mike missing half the season through the huge accumulation of bookings, all players will be needed.

Lainton -7 did all that was required of him. An apparent flap early on but he got away with it.
Carra - 7 comes in for so much criticism but has been mr consistency this season
Pearson - 8 heads anything that comes his way and has managed to curb his outrage with refs
Manny - 8 it's August and Manny always scores in August! By sounds if it had an excellent game

Wright -6 we all knew he should be playing last season, he's now proving us right
Rutherford 9 - both Calon and R Wales were overflowing in their compliments about his performance. Hope the injury is not too bad.
Summerfield - 8 couldn't believe we managed to get him but knew he would be class in this league and in this team.

MFT - 6 he's raw, he needs consistency but whenever you hear his name you get excited wondering what he's going to do next. 4 in 5 will do for me.
Pyke - 5 didn't hear him mentioned much but I believe he was constant closing down.

Radio ratings, not heard of this before!

Akil Wright the enforcer was immense yesterday, worth a 7 possibly even 8!

MFT a 7 also, but the rest are pretty accurate!
Old 19th August 2018, 08.18:47   #53-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:

Bizarre
Old 19th August 2018, 08.22:05   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:

Lol

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.32:15.