Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th August 2018, 08.40:53   #55-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Twitter: @

Default Re: Eastleigh ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I listened on the radio so my marks are based on what I heard. One thing in defence of Deverdics is that he is behind the rest in terms of fitnes and in his interview after the maidenhead game clearly acknowledged this. All those currently in the squad will have a role to play throughout the season and with injuries and big mike missing half the season through the huge accumulation of bookings, all players will be needed.

Lainton -7 did all that was required of him. An apparent flap early on but he got away with it.
Carra - 7 comes in for so much criticism but has been mr consistency this season
Pearson - 8 heads anything that comes his way and has managed to curb his outrage with refs
Manny - 8 it's August and Manny always scores in August! By sounds if it had an excellent game
Jennings - 7 he's improving and getting rid of the erratic side of his game

Wright -6 we all knew he should be playing last season, he's now proving us right
Rutherford 9 - both Calon and R Wales were overflowing in their compliments about his performance. Hope the injury is not too bad.
Summerfield - 8 couldn't believe we managed to get him but knew he would be class in this league and in this team.

JMD - 6 didn't hear too much about him
MFT - 6 he's raw, he needs consistency but whenever you hear his name you get excited wondering what he's going to do next. 4 in 5 will do for me.
Pyke - 5 didn't hear him mentioned much but I believe he was constant closing down.

Beavon, Holroyd and Deverdics not much mention of them when they came on.

Is this reflective of the game?
RP Gold and post of the season.
Old 19th August 2018, 09.12:55   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
RP Gold and post of the season.
Sorry I'm taking the p out of someone who I know wasn't there but who has also posted ratings
Old 19th August 2018, 09.50:40   #57-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham Can View Post
No player ratings from me because I only listened to it online; but a 10 out of 10 for Sam Ricketts and Graham Barrow. As in all the games this season, they change up the game when needed and make substitutes early rather than late to manage the game. OK, maybe one of the subs was just a little too late today but they successfully came through a big test today which would have unravelled us in the last few years
Agree with your comments about early subs. It looked as if Holroyd was warming up to come on when Ruthers tweaked his hamstring. Sam had him off and replaced by Deverdics within a couple of minutes. had this not happened i think Holroyd would have been on a tad earlier.

Have seen us play twice over the last week and must say I have been impressed by Sam's signings:

Lainton - Little he could do about yesterday's goal and no real saves to make in either game but just seems more confident than Dunn and more commanding in his area. Only 1 goal conceded in 5 games speaks for itself.

Summerfield - Has signs of becoming a real workhorse in midfield. good passer of the ball and picks up a lot of stray balls in middle of the park.

JMD - Has pace and class. not as good yesterday as in midweek but you can see he terrifies defences. Will have a good season.

Big Mike - The type of forward many of us have been looking for over the last few seasons. Works hard and always trying. Gets the crowd on their feet.

Pyke - Probably the least impressive of the starters but much better than when he was with us a couple of seasons ago. Does a lot of good things but as another poster said earlier "can be sloppy" in his passing.

Beavon - A real livewire. A lot of experience and good to have coming off the bench against a tiring defence. Will not let us down when he starts some games either.

Finally a big plus for Sam is how he seems to have improved both Akil and Ruthers. Both had excellent games and I think Ruthers is much better in this central role than on the wing.

A welcome selection headache!

Two thoroughly enjoyable games and some cracking goals.
Old 19th August 2018, 09.52:03   #58-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
I listened on the radio so my marks are based on what I heard. One thing in defence of Deverdics is that he is behind the rest in terms of fitnes and in his interview after the maidenhead game clearly acknowledged this. All those currently in the squad will have a role to play throughout the season and with injuries and big mike missing half the season through the huge accumulation of bookings, all players will be needed.

Lainton -7 did all that was required of him. An apparent flap early on but he got away with it.
Carra - 7 comes in for so much criticism but has been mr consistency this season
Pearson - 8 heads anything that comes his way and has managed to curb his outrage with refs
Manny - 8 it's August and Manny always scores in August! By sounds if it had an excellent game
Jennings - 7 he's improving and getting rid of the erratic side of his game

Wright -6 we all knew he should be playing last season, he's now proving us right
Rutherford 9 - both Calon and R Wales were overflowing in their compliments about his performance. Hope the injury is not too bad.
Summerfield - 8 couldn't believe we managed to get him but knew he would be class in this league and in this team.

JMD - 6 didn't hear too much about him
MFT - 6 he's raw, he needs consistency but whenever you hear his name you get excited wondering what he's going to do next. 4 in 5 will do for me.
Pyke - 5 didn't hear him mentioned much but I believe he was constant closing down.

Beavon, Holroyd and Deverdics not much mention of them when they came on.

Is this reflective of the game?
You've made a rod for your own back there, Ddraigoch.

You should know that you cant make any comments on any aspect of any game unless you are at the game in question.

Basing a full team rating on someones commentary is stretching it a bit though.
Old 19th August 2018, 11.27:48   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Read post #56 Redrobinman
Old 19th August 2018, 13.42:34   #60-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Sorry I'm taking the p out of someone who I know wasn't there but who has also posted ratings
That's sad if correct but also an insult to the fans who were actually there.
Old 19th August 2018, 14.00:37   #61-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Posting ratings after listening on the radio is perfectly reasonable if you consider some posters have decided their ratings on certain players before the game kicks off!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th August 2018, 15.02:56   #62-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Just to be clear, I'm not having a dig at Ddraigoch in my previous post.
Old 19th August 2018, 16.04:02   #63-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Until_The_Final_Whistle View Post
Say what you like about the trust, this club has been rebuilt from the ground up over the last 10-15 years. This year we might finally see the rewards from that, and you think it's ridiculous that I think the media should be seeing and appreciating the whole team and club rather than some guy dancing up front? I appreciate that he's a very good player, and I love that he's hungry for goals, but the whole team deserves recognition for the excellent football played in the first 5 games this season.
If he just tones it down a bit I'll be all for him.

Just think it's wrong that one player should overshadow the hard work put in by every person involved with this club. These ratings are week by week, and today he was a 4. Most other games he's played for us I'd put him at a 7 or 8.
maybe you mean 4 twice? an 8 might be just a tad high

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.45:46.