RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Scotch Challenge Cup (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112438-scotch-challenge-cup.html)

Alan Attack 23rd August 2018 05.59:55

Scotch Challenge Cup

I see Boreham Wood and Sutton Utd will be representing the Conference next month in the Scottish Challenge Cup. I must admit, I do like the concept of clubs from Wales, England, Scotland and (all) Ireland competing and drawing the line at the football league makes sense.

From our point of view, in March, it was quite feasible we’d finish in the top 3 or 4; therefore, qualifying for the tournament.

Just a couple of points to clarify; 1) would we have qualified being a Welsh club; 2) would we want it given the games and potential travel.

I’d have embraced it and tried to win it. No doubt others would view it as a hinderance on a similar scale to the FAW Premier Cup, the Setanta Shield or even the FA Trophy. We do have bigger fish to fry but perhaps it might’ve been different and a bit of fun!

FieldtownRed 23rd August 2018 06.38:19

Re: Scotch Challenge Cup

What level in Scottish football are the teams at? Surely not all the way up to the Scottish premier?

Jaded 23rd August 2018 07.03:03

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2176261]What level in Scottish football are the teams at? Surely not all the way up to the Scottish premier?[/QUOTE]

Premier clubs enter their under-20s, SFL clubs and a couple from Highland/Lowland leagues enter full teams.

Dougie Davies 23rd August 2018 07.21:48

How much do you win?

louisleftboot 23rd August 2018 07.26:10

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2176268]How much do you win?[/QUOTE]

Just a few crates of Irn Bru

Royal welsh red 23rd August 2018 07.27:01

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2176270]Just a few crates of Irn Bru[/QUOTE]

Was hoping for some buckfast.

Alan Attack 23rd August 2018 07.32:38

You can’t win much. There’s probably more money in the Conference than the Scottish Football League!

Hopefully we never get the chance to play in it!

fluffysheepsupporter 23rd August 2018 07.47:37

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2176256]I see Boreham Wood and Sutton Utd will be representing the Conference next month in the Scottish Challenge Cup. I must admit, I do like the concept of clubs from Wales, England, Scotland and (all) Ireland competing and drawing the line at the football league makes sense.

From our point of view, in March, it was quite feasible we’d finish in the top 3 or 4; therefore, qualifying for the tournament.

Just a couple of points to clarify; 1) would we have qualified being a Welsh club; 2) would we want it given the games and potential travel.

I’d have embraced it and tried to win it. No doubt others would view it as a hinderance on a similar scale to the FAW Premier Cup, the Setanta Shield or even the FA Trophy. We do have bigger fish to fry but perhaps it might’ve been different and a bit of fun![/QUOTE]

Is this Scotch Challenge Cup some kind of competition to drink as much of it as you can?

Dougie Davies 23rd August 2018 09.02:15

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2176270]Just a few crates of Irn Bru[/QUOTE]

Old recipe or new?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.22:18.