Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th August 2018, 17.46:06   #73-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Village sold for £11 million !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Prior to the Trust taking over the club, the wasn’t the fans. It was Price (sic.) Griffiths, Hamilton and Moss (et al). It was their business and not ours.

If Moss tells the planning committee that revenues from the flats will be invested back into the football club, he’s taken on his word because the planning system can’t make him do it.

It makes me quite sick to think that the football club could’ve been in this envious position with surrounding land with significant value but the club isn’t getting anything from it. The only way the club would get anything from the flats would be in the present Trust set up as opposed to a single entity owning it.
As ever Alan you are right. If there is an afterlife our former directors are heading for a warm place and eternal ownership of Chester cf or whatever they are called down there
Old 26th August 2018, 18.06:32   #74-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Phil Gaade was a very nice man in my eyes. He was the managing director of Border Breweries and also a WAFC club director back in the success of 1978.

Inside Left. There were 5 individuals who tried to buy the biggest shareholding for themselves (they all tried) and the guy with the biggest pocket won out in the end.

Alan Attack. I echo your sentiments. It sickens me too.

Our club is for its fans and it represents our town, it wasn't created for a few wealthy individuals to profit from 150 years later.
Old 26th August 2018, 18.32:41   #75-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
The club owned quite a few houses in town.
Do we still own the house the players use in Rhostyllen?
Old 26th August 2018, 18.59:46   #76-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I’d guess the football club which was acquired by the Trust came with no physical assets.
Old 26th August 2018, 20.38:25   #77-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I think that's rented seperately.
Old 27th August 2018, 11.44:52   #78-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Phil Gaade was a very nice man in my eyes. He was the managing director of Border Breweries and also a WAFC club director back in the success of 1978.

Inside Left. There were 5 individuals who tried to buy the biggest shareholding for themselves (they all tried) and the guy with the biggest pocket won out in the end.

Alan Attack. I echo your sentiments. It sickens me too.

Our club is for its fans and it represents our town, it wasn't created for a few wealthy individuals to profit from 150 years later.
El.
I can only share my experience where a man approached us with cash for shares and I know he did this across the district. I think he did spend time on the board and had aspirations to become an MP !
The shares were not sold and kept to the very end and ownership became a thorn in Hammys side - pleased to say. It was at that time that the small shareholding was decimated.
Perhaps I should have sold them like some directors did.
Yes Mr Gaade was a decent guy and I did deal with him a few times at the brewery.

Last edited by Inside Left; 27th August 2018 at 11.46:38..
Old 31st August 2018, 10.43:02   #79-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
El.
I can only share my experience where a man approached us with cash for shares and I know he did this across the district. I think he did spend time on the board and had aspirations to become an MP !
The shares were not sold and kept to the very end and ownership became a thorn in Hammys side - pleased to say. It was at that time that the small shareholding was decimated.
Perhaps I should have sold them like some directors did.
Yes Mr Gaade was a decent guy and I did deal with him a few times at the brewery.
Inside,

So good you hung on to those shares... We are lucky the WST now has full control.

Just as an aside... are you talking about any of these as the gentleman you mention ... I know which one it is... Just double checking your thinking the same.

SF, GM, ND, GD, JS, PG, FJ, FW, HP, GM, TD, AM, AWG, REAC...
Old 31st August 2018, 15.35:19   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Inside,

So good you hung on to those shares... We are lucky the WST now has full control.

Just as an aside... are you talking about any of these as the gentleman you mention ... I know which one it is... Just double checking your thinking the same.

SF, GM, ND, GD, JS, PG, FJ, FW, HP, GM, TD, AM, AWG, REAC...
I think he might well be on your list.
Yes hung on to shares and would have made a bit of a profit if we had sold them. I think I have a list of shareholders somewhere from those dark days but its contents, even if official, are not accurate.
Old 31st August 2018, 21.17:10   #81-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
I think he might well be on your list.
Yes hung on to shares and would have made a bit of a profit if we had sold them. I think I have a list of shareholders somewhere from those dark days but its contents, even if official, are not accurate.
Thanks... I meant FT not FJ btw

FT sat on the Milk marketing board as well as being Chairman of WAFC and was instrumental in the innovation of the 1st sponsorship in British football. The Milk Cup. Which Liverpool first won.

There were one or two dodgy dealers back in those dark days that you refer to ... but no one sold any Club assets for millions of pounds for their personal gain. That's worth thinking about... when you reflect on our more recent history.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.41:04.