Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th August 2018, 19.11:10   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dive?

The ref saw the poor touch and his mind was made up contact or no contact he wasnt going to give it.i was behind the goal my instinct said no pen too though plenty around me disagreed
Old 25th August 2018, 19.21:16   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

I was in the Tech End so had a fair view as Big Mike headed towards the goal.
BUT he lost control of the ball and pushed it too far ahead of him then had to make up distance as he moved out towards his right whilst the keeper sprawled out to his left.

Was there firm contact and if so who contacted who first ?

I just don't know the answer.

Referees though seem to be put on the spot to give either a penalty or book the forward for simulation.

Can the inrushing forward not lose control of the ball and run into / collide with the keeper ?

The video highlights are eagerly awaited but might not be conclusive dependent on the angle of the camera.
Old 25th August 2018, 20.02:02   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: eric roberts stand

On another day we could of been down to 10 men aswell for that high tackle so some decisions went our way
Old 25th August 2018, 21.09:42   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Booking Carrington for handball when it looked like the ball was blasted at him seemed a bit harsh.

The ref was Andrew Miller - think he has been around for some years - unless referees become computerized robots linked to VAR they will always get some decisions wrong - it's not a perfect world.

I always think that us spectators are a fair distance from the pitch whereas the referee is usually close to play and may well see things differently.

I wonder how many of us will change our minds about decisions once we have watched the video highlights ?
Old 26th August 2018, 06.00:21   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Took his his goal well. Should have burried his 2nd chance in the 1st half or squared it instead of chipping a back pass to the keeper and should have taken the shot on earlier in the 2nd half rather than try and win a pen.
Posted via mobile theme
He needs a kick up the arse, should have had 3 yesterday but tried to be cute instead of professional.
Had a fantastic dink finish for his goal but tried it again later on instead of thumping it along the deck when one on one and fliped it up completely.
The cute stuff looks good if it comes off but you look a silly billy when it doesn't, save all that crap for when we are ,3 nil up!
And the fact that he thought it was funny when the keeper had all the time in the world to pluck the ball out of the air, pissed me off even more.

No doubt about it, he cost us two points there.

Having said all that, I still think he is great.
Old 26th August 2018, 06.07:59   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
He didn’t get much protection from the referee either, took quite a battering and looked extremely tired towards the end.
Agreed, the lad must be covered in bruises today.

I thought the officials were as poor as I have seen, the MRS lino may as well have not been there as he didn't make any decisions.
Before the ball went out for their final corner I am sure I saw a two handed push on one of our lads right Infront of the lino who just ignored it.
Old 26th August 2018, 07.00:09   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
He’s a very good player on todays, and earlier showings.
Must be watching different people.
Agreed, not sure how slow their centre backs were but really impressive how for a big strong striker, how he broke clear. Yes he fluffed his lines on 2 chances, but importantly he got himself in those positions with a cracking finish for his goal. I was more impressed with him today, you can see his potential, getting on the end of things as well as his hold up play. Great piece of work getting him on a 2 year deal.
Old 26th August 2018, 07.09:30   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
He needs a kick up the arse, should have had 3 yesterday but tried to be cute instead of professional.
Had a fantastic dink finish for his goal but tried it again later on instead of thumping it along the deck when one on one and fliped it up completely.
The cute stuff looks good if it comes off but you look a silly billy when it doesn't, save all that crap for when we are ,3 nil up!
And the fact that he thought it was funny when the keeper had all the time in the world to pluck the ball out of the air, pissed me off even more.

No doubt about it, he cost us two points there.

Having said all that, I still think he is great.
A bit harsh there. How often do keepers save '1 on 1s' if they stay big and get their angles right. Along the ground seemed the obvious choice but keepers still stop them, often with their legs. He fluffed the chip and the keeper did the right thing standing big. I say it is down to his development and good to see a striker with the confidence to try and pull it off. Maybe a few videos of Dalglish, commit the keeper then lift over him.
Old 26th August 2018, 07.30:04   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

The assistant ref had the best view, and he must have told the ref it was a dive over the headset.

No flag went up to indicate any foul.

As others have suggested, it looked 50/50 to me up in the MRS. The highlights may also be inconclusive.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.06:07.