Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th August 2018, 09.17:48   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket
Twitter: @

Default Re: Brian Flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Surprised no-one has mentioned that Brian was at the game yesterday. Made sure he had been given a ticket for the Director's Box after hearing that another ex-manager had , on his last visit, been consigned to the Executive Box.

I thought there was no freebies under the WST?
Old 28th August 2018, 11.31:20   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Dean Saunders did take us close to the FL but given his public backing of Wrexham Village he should not be given any preferential treatment whatsoever. He should pay to come in as he can definitely afford it.
Heard him tell a story on Talksport that when he was playing in Turkey they got paid £10,000 in cash for winning a game. he hid it somewhere in the house and then couldn't find it. as far he knows it's still there.
Old 28th August 2018, 15.53:33   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
I thought there was no freebies under the WST?
Would think that the Club is happy to treat former managers and players with respect, appreciation , and hospitality whenever they return to the Racecourse. Far from being "freebies " they represent what a Fans'Owned family club should be all about. In fact the financial aspect is beneficial rather than detrimental. Just visit the 1864 Suite or Bamfords whenever Benno, Karl , Shinner, King Billy , or Denis Smith are there and witness the reception they get! Sure Flynny was well looked after on Saturday. No-one knows more about current Welsh talent than Brian , and it may help our chances of picking up a good young player if he can say that Wrexham AFC looks after present, and past , staff as well as any club in Britain!
Old 28th August 2018, 16.42:10   #22-0 (permalink)
OFFICIAL CLUB ACCOUNT

Quote:
Surprised no-one has mentioned that Brian was at the game yesterday. Made sure he had been given a ticket for the Director's Box after hearing that another ex-manager had , on his last visit, been consigned to the Executive Box.
Good afternoon Dave. I hope that you are well.I will add a few facts to all your comments to make sure that there is no misunderstanding.
Brian Flynn was not made sure by you or anyone else to be given a ticket in the Boardroom.Brian visited the Club as a scout and called in to see us.We asked him,i was there in the room,if he would like to be seated in the Directors Box and the Directors room. He said yes and was seated there.This was decided before his visit.
Denis Smith on his visit towards the end of the Season was the Guest speaker in Bamford's he therefore had to eat and sit there to be interviewed.For the match he sat in the Director's box as did his guests.
No consignment at all. Geoff
Old 28th August 2018, 16.43:32   #23-0 (permalink)
OFFICIAL CLUB ACCOUNT

Quote:
Of course. Those in the Directors Box have access to the Boardroom pre and post match and at half-time and can be entertained by the current Board. Former managers should be treated with hospitality and respect, particularly if they have served us well.
Dave. No of course am afraid. Not all on the Directors box have access to the Boardroom. Season tickets ion the Directors Box go in Bamfords.
Old 28th August 2018, 17.03:46   #24-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxmCommercial View Post
Dave. No of course am afraid. Not all on the Directors box have access to the Boardroom. Season tickets ion the Directors Box go in Bamfords.
Thank you Geoff for that information. The point I was making was that those in the Executive Box do not have access to the Boardroom.My comments were in response to a poster who was unsure of the difference between the Executive Box and Directors Box.
Old 28th August 2018, 17.07:48   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxmCommercial View Post
Good afternoon Dave. I hope that you are well.I will add a few facts to all your comments to make sure that there is no misunderstanding.
Brian Flynn was not made sure by you or anyone else to be given a ticket in the Boardroom.Brian visited the Club as a scout and called in to see us.We asked him,i was there in the room,if he would like to be seated in the Directors Box and the Directors room. He said yes and was seated there.This was decided before his visit.
Denis Smith on his visit towards the end of the Season was the Guest speaker in Bamford's he therefore had to eat and sit there to be interviewed.For the match he sat in the Director's box as did his guests.
No consignment at all. Geoff
Thank you Geoff. I am glad Brian was well looked after. Please forgive Ray and myself for any offence caused by greeting Brian and trying to make him welcome.
Old 28th August 2018, 17.59:41   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Anybody know who Flynnie's scouting for?
Old 28th August 2018, 18.15:07   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Anybody know who Flynnie's scouting for?
Think it's Swansea
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.15:25.