RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Team for Halifax (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112502-team-halifax.html)

ABd 1st September 2018 23.34:27

Team for Halifax

Lots of decisions to be made all over the pitch..

- If fit, does Jennings come straight back in for Carrington? If so, would you move Carra to right back instead of Roberts?
- Do we stick with Tharme, or start Lawlor?
- Which three out of [I]Young, Summerfield, Wright, Rutherford, Deverdics, Burgess, Walker[/I] do you pick?
- Do you keep Beavon in after an impressive display? Or do you replace him with Pyke?
- Will we ever seen Hinds?

I just don't know. Still good problems to have, better than the days when the Bishops and the Bodens of this world were guaranteed starters as there was no-one else :44:

WhiteKSE 1st September 2018 23.41:06

Re: Team for Halifax

For me:

Lainton

Roberts
Tharme
Pearson
Carra

Wright
Young
Summerfield

Pyke
Fondop
JMD

Then Dibble, Lawlor (if cleared), Ruthers, Beavon, Holroyd

Draig Wrecsam 1st September 2018 23.42:00

[QUOTE=ABd;2178984]Lots of decisions to be made all over the pitch..

- If fit, does Jennings come straight back in for Carrington? If so, would you move Carra to right back instead of Roberts?
- Which three out of [I]Young, Summerfield, Wright, Rutherford, Deverdics, Burgess, Walker[/I] do you pick?
- Do you keep Beavon in after an impressive display? Or do you replace him with Pyke?

I just don't know. Still good problems to have, better than the days when the Bishops and the Bodens of this world were guaranteed starters as there was no-one else :44:[/QUOTE]

Good questions, I'd go with:
Carrington to keep his place at left back but Jennings on the bench
Young, Summerfield, Wright in midfield
Beavon to start again with Pyke likely to come on for him as an impact sub
Still no place for Hinds whilst the current squad are doing so well

TomWAFC 2nd September 2018 03.03:35

I just don't know. Still good problems to have, better than the days when the Bishops and the Bodens of this world were guaranteed starters as there was no-one else :44:[/QUOTE]

Difficult question and a good headache for SR, while Carrington has been a great defensive full back I have found our attacking play stunted since Jennings has been out, he offers much more in the final third whereas Roberts and Carrington don’t, for me it’s a question of fitness and if he’s ready to go then I would personally like Carrington to play RB over Roberts. Defensively both are sound, I just find Carrington is better at ball retention and a tad less negative on the ball.

Lainton

Carra/Roberts
Lawlor/Tharme (transfer window)
Pearson
Jennings/Carra (if fit)

Wright
Summerfield
Young

JMD
Fondop
Beavon

Rutherford
Tharme
Hinds
Burgess
Roberts/Carra/Jennings

Boy we have a squad now!

pagl 2nd September 2018 04.04:22

GK no question.
I think Carra has to stay. If Lawlor has clearance he starts for experience especially if Tharme and Jennings have any slight injury doubts. Pearson, Roberts.
Midfield 3 still unsure on best line up but Sam will go Wright, Summerfield , Young.
Prob Rutherford, Fondop, Beavon up top.

Dibble, Drew, Pike, Holroyd and Tharme/Jennings.

Burgess, Walker and Hinds unable to make squad yet again!
Deverdics?

krux 2nd September 2018 06.35:34

Jennings has to come back in if fit, but given Carrington's excellent display yesterday, there is no need to rush him back if not 100%

I dont think Beavon will start after playing the full 90 yesterday, especially given Ricketts track record for rotating the wide players in the front three.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

CRUMBS 2nd September 2018 06.43:40

Can anyone ever remember so many different line ups we've seen so far , whether injuries or Sams juggling/sussing out of players , maybe players getting used to this system is good for a long slog . I can see some being moved on next few weeks .

Ddraigoch 2nd September 2018 06.49:06

You always play your strongest team and giving Young and Ruthers a few minutes yesterday puts them in contention for a start. Samuel confirmed that Beavon hadn't played 90 minutes for 9 months so my guess is he will be benched.

So for me it will be

Lainton

Roberts
Tharme
Pearson
Jennings (Carrington)

Summerfield
Wright
Young
Rutherford

JMD
Fondop

Bench
Dibble
Carrington
Lawlor (if fit)
Pyke
Beavon

Colonel D 2nd September 2018 06.54:55

All good points and I guess the following will happen.
GK no change
Roberts
Tharme
Pearson (possibly Lawlor if SP carrying an injury)
Carrington
Young
Summerfield
Wright
Beavon
Fondop
Pyke

Substitutes
Dibble
Rutherford
New guy from Crewe(or Lawlor if SP fit )
Maguire Drew
Hinds

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.26:21.