Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd September 2018, 12.28:26   #73-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sam Ricketts post match interview

I think they do a decent enough job to be fair, not sure if there's any need for all of this.
Old 3rd September 2018, 12.40:00   #74-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Haters are gonna hate i guess. Constructive feedback I'm sure would be welcomed.

I suggest perhaps looking at the content available to fans of other clubs! Not just at this level but all the way up to league 1 in some cases. Alot of what is done at WAFC is copied directly by others!! (see walsall as an example) and all done for FREE! by volounteers, so at no cost to the club!

As a 5th Tier club the level of communication fans have access to is unpresidented, clubs own live commentary of EVERY game including pre season via Mixlr and aired on Calon. or BBC coverage from either the Welsh or if the team we are playing are lucky enough to be deemed big eough to have their local bbc station follow them.

The National League Highlights or "to long" extended highlights filmed and provided again by the Media Team. Anyone remember the misted footage from Boreham Wood away that the team are stuck with when the home team is responsible for filming!!

You tube, player interviews, post match, pre match, signings, match reports, live social media updates etc etc as well as local press coverage from the Leader & Post. WE ARE SPOILED

Fans have so much choice on how they access info on our club if they choose to or not, is it perfect no, is any media? Its a Club Media Team, it makes sense that it has to be more party line than perhaps external press can go. As for generic questions......have you listened to the responses of most footballers world wide?? ......usually very generic so I guess its extreamly hard to get "truth" or "hard hitting" out of them. Is Pearson really going to turn around in an interview and say I though "insert player" was shit and at fault for the goal etc....NO

The tracksuits etc.....just Uniform, same as gorundstaff, club shop, rcf etc. Again look at other teams they do exactly the same! More professional looking is all!...........diffrence being not paid for by the club but by the volounteers themselves!

..........Of course good or bad people will continue to have their own views on everything to do with the club, its natural. Just base it on fact and not hear say or utter nonsense.
Old 3rd September 2018, 12.40:55   #75-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I think they do a decent enough job to be fair, not sure if there's any need for all of this.
It's moan passion remember.
Old 3rd September 2018, 14.23:21   #76-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustas Nads View Post
Constructive feedback I'm sure would be welcomed.
Good post. Constructive criticism should always be welcome and acted upon. Silly, petty nonsense should be exposed and ignored, IMHO.
Old 3rd September 2018, 14.51:06   #77-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Good post. Constructive criticism should always be welcome and acted upon. Silly, petty nonsense should be exposed and ignored, IMHO.
Completely agree.

If you would like the interviewers to ask more probing questions then suggest that.

People are generally always looking at ways of improving.

To call them a 'joke' multiple times on multiple threads, is adding nothing else of value is nothing short of a vendetta.
Old 3rd September 2018, 17.46:16   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

It sounded like Ricketts had stewed about the criticism the team got after the defeat. Its a very unwise idea as a manager to criticise supporters. It's a bit of a mind reading game to guess what the critizers were trying to convey, but part of it seemed to be that defensively we had been lucky until that game, and partly (me included in this) that the new attack was perhaps not showing reliable attacking intent.

If Ricketts is going to say, after every game the team can improve, then in his view the game just gone has been imperfect. That is a criticism, and the fans will do the same.

We can all accept this is better than last year, and that's worth a lot, but this is the Conference and we're gonna criticise.

Last edited by Congy Red; 3rd September 2018 at 17.47:17..
Old 3rd September 2018, 21.13:08   #79-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
Think you may well have quoted the wrong person there!!
Was for FOG
Old 4th September 2018, 00.01:03   #80-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Not by me they wernt and many others had gone before the final whistle, what a waste of a Bank holiday Monday that was . Ricketts and the team stayed in a hotel the night befire and got paid for being there unlike the rest if us !!!!

I didn't know the team had had the good fortune to travel down the day before (especially since it isn't THAT far).

So, fans knowing that are entitled to be a bit miffed by such an under-par performance.
Old 4th September 2018, 10.32:15   #81-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I love Sam Ricketts. I think he's fab and he's going to get us out of this league.

It wont be easy but he's the first manager Ive seen in 10 years who I genuinely believe has the mental strength to do it.

I also think the media team are doing a great job. A hard job too, that takes hours and hours of their time. But its also a privilege for them to be able to report on Wrexham AFC, so its a 2 way street and they are, I am sure, open to constructive feedback. What they don't deserve is over the top overt criticism. Why would anyone deserve that ? In any walk of life..

Personally I think the Media team's slogan #We Are One Team is a bit weak in concept. It's okay but its generic and a bit happy clappy. The irony is you can't force people to become at one. That culture is not something that can be created by Social Media hashtags. In my opinion it happens on the terraces and its the fans who create it with the players. Its the response on their faces when a goal is scored, or a penalty saved and is not something conjured up by as club board's brand strategist...

The best route I feel is to be simple and clear and cohesive. Be who you really are, be proud of it and say something that everyone can understand and buy into.

#We Are Wrexham

Last edited by Welsh Kiwi; 4th September 2018 at 10.33:26..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.41:13.