RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sam Ricketts post match interview (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112507-sam-ricketts-post-match-interview.html)

wynred 2nd September 2018 11.04:08

Sam Ricketts post match interview

Sam made a mention in his interview of how people overacted to the loss on Monday, how it was one defeat in 7, think he had a point and remember this next time we lose a game as he has made a great start

RED2309 2nd September 2018 11.17:46

Re: Sam Ricketts post match interview

[QUOTE=wynred;2179109]Sam made a mention in his interview of how people overacted to the loss on Monday, how it was one defeat in 7, think he had a point and remember this next time we lose a game as he has made a great start[/QUOTE]

I think perhaps he is over reacting to the over reaction.:)

Red Light 2nd September 2018 11.18:16

I honestly don't think he realised what the majority of the travelling 1501 away supporters were complaining about.

It was not specifically the defeat - we are bound to lose sometimes - it was the under par performance of the team as a whole.

The way to becoming Champions is to be self critical of every point lost with an objective of improvement and excellence in everything we do.

Ricketts perhaps needs to realise that we really are one of the biggest fish in a pond of tiddlers - we really do have high expectations and why shouldn't we ?

John Neals Dynasty 2nd September 2018 11.21:02

Yes he did make a good point but I think the disappointment from Monday was not so much the result but the dreadful performance that most myself included have complained about, but of course we can't win every game and the points he makes about new, players, back room staff, himself and a different way of playing is correct we are where we would of all been delighted to be before the season started after 8 games and I was impressed with his we are still looking to improve and must do after every game.

Don't forget when it comes to over reaction a certain few wanted him gone pre-season because he hadn't signed anyone that's what I call unbelievable.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

rob_1072 2nd September 2018 11.41:03

Wasn't there only 1 shot on Monday? I'd say that warrants a poor reaction.

NedStarksGhost 2nd September 2018 11.48:20

So fans who spend money and travel to away games can't complain if we lose?

René Higuita 2nd September 2018 11.52:35

I thought people on here were unusually up beat despite the defeat. The players were clapped and sung off at full time.

Funny_Old_Game 2nd September 2018 11.55:51

Sam “a win, you must be pleased with that”.

He’s going to go mad one of these days, you can already see he’s getting annoyed. Why do they sit in a fancy interview room when there’s only one lad in there asking them questions?

tokyored 2nd September 2018 11.58:51

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2179122]I thought people on here were unusually up beat despite the defeat. The players were clapped and sung off at full time.[/QUOTE]

There were varying reactions. Quite a few clapped and I think most just walked out as quick as they could. I did see a few screaming and shouting at the end which is probably what Ricketts is talking about. I suppose it's up to the individual - some say I've paid my money etc. For me it seemed a bit over the top considering it was our first defeat despite how bad it was

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.14:58.