RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Aldershot highlights (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112508-aldershot-highlights.html)

DoomandGloom 3rd September 2018 12.14:06

Re: Aldershot highlights

[QUOTE=Jenks87;2179344]The protests are clearly because the ref hasn't blown for the corner. Look at Rendell doing the old "whistle to mouth" signal as he's chasing after the ref. That's why he's watching the corner and not Beavon.[/QUOTE]

Only my understanding of the rules but: the corner is one of the set pieces that don't need a whistle from the ref to take. Only can't carry on if he stops the play from occurring, which hadn't happened even if he'd planned to. He has to stop the player before it happens.

Chief 3rd September 2018 13.45:28

I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.

Prodigal Dragon 3rd September 2018 13.51:04

[QUOTE=Chief;2179399]I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.[/QUOTE]

Sums it up. We won. We move on to Halifax. Hopefully, we’ll learn and improve as we gain match time.

When we finally do click, joy will return to the Racecourse after years of neglect.:)

GarryOggy 3rd September 2018 20.03:51

[QUOTE=Chief;2179399]I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.[/QUOTE]

They had two clear cut chances. We possibly should have had a penalty. Lainton didn't have much to do.

Red Light 3rd September 2018 20.28:33

I think Beavon & Pearson did a joint job for the first goal.

Watch closely - Beavon pushes his marker at Pearson who shields / deflects him to the blind side of Beavon who is now unmarked and in acres of space with a free header and an open goal to aim at.

Agree about the whistle - something definitely not right with some players including Rendell not engaging in play.

Defensively we were extremely lucky not to concede.

Have Halifax got any clinical finishers ? I hope not.

Chief 4th September 2018 13.16:28

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2179483]They had two clear cut chances. We possibly should have had a penalty. Lainton didn't have much to do.[/QUOTE]

Have you watched the highlights? They had a damn sight more than 2 good chances

EnglishRed 4th September 2018 17.03:18

[QUOTE=Red Light;2179486]I think Beavon & Pearson did a joint job for the first goal.

Watch closely - Beavon pushes his marker at Pearson who shields / deflects him to the blind side of Beavon who is now unmarked and in acres of space with a free header and an open goal to aim at.

Agree about the whistle - something definitely not right with some players including Rendell not engaging in play.

Defensively we were extremely lucky not to concede.

[B]Have Halifax got any clinical finishers[/B] ? I hope not.[/QUOTE]

Dayle Southwell is pretty good.

INTHEKNOW2000 4th September 2018 17.17:03

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2179669]Dayle Southwell is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I feel he’s overly clinical tbh

marinman 4th September 2018 17.17:16

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2179350]Corners are massively overrated as a chance by everyone who watches football. If you look at statistics you are actually more likely to score from a throw in level with the 18 yard line.[/QUOTE]

About 1 in 10.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.20:04.