RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Aldershot highlights (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112508-aldershot-highlights.html)

1975 red 2nd September 2018 11.45:22

Aldershot highlights

[url=http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-3613822]Wrexham 2 - 0 Aldershot Town - The Vanarama National League[/url]

Taff9172 2nd September 2018 11.58:45

Re: Aldershot highlights

Cheers

Funny_Old_Game 2nd September 2018 12.04:07

Pearson blocks their guy, should be a foul. His usual antics in the box then falls over dramatically appealing for a foul like he does at every corner.

Robin Redvest 2nd September 2018 12.07:54

Our first should have definitely been a free kick to Aldershot. Pearson hauled their defender down. Lucky break for us.

Redvest

Bryn Tirion 2nd September 2018 12.10:31

[QUOTE=Robin Redvest;2179132]Our first should have definitely been a free kick to Aldershot. Pearson hauled their defender down. Lucky break for us.

Redvest[/QUOTE]

Evens it out after the penalty decisions went against us v Bromley. That was harsh as well.

TaidTom 2nd September 2018 12.13:30

Great block by Pearson to win us a goal kick. :confused:
I think we'd be fuming at one or two of the ref's decisions if we were in Aldershot's shoes.

redone 2nd September 2018 12.13:47

they had some good chances didnt seem that clear cut at the time , good header by beavon

blackbrookred 2nd September 2018 12.14:36

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2179133]Evens it out after the penalty decisions went against us v Bromley. That was harsh as well.[/QUOTE]

Also evens out every free kick we should have had when the Aldershot defenders were trying to mount Mike.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Stafford Red 2nd September 2018 12.20:33

It was clearly a planned move. Beavon shoved his marker towards Pearson who made sure Beavon got away. Worse fouls at every set piece every week.
What on earth was Rendell doing, chased the referee out of embarrassment more than anything.

ABd 2nd September 2018 17.02:10

[QUOTE=Stafford Red;2179142]It was clearly a planned move. Beavon shoved his marker towards Pearson who made sure Beavon got away. Worse fouls at every set piece every week.
What on earth was Rendell doing, chased the referee out of embarrassment more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Rendell doesn't even see the alleged foul, his head is turned the other way :confused:

Redordead 2nd September 2018 17.29:59

Need to tighten up at the back.

Birdy 2nd September 2018 17.31:04

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2179129]Pearson blocks their guy, should be a foul. His usual antics in the box then falls over dramatically appealing for a foul like he does at every corner.[/QUOTE]

We were very lucky with the first goal. A good job the ref didn't see Pearson's elbow on their player. You could say Pearson was lucky to avoid a red there!

moynkeepthefaith 2nd September 2018 17.57:27

[QUOTE=Birdy;2179221]We were very lucky with the first goal. A good job the ref didn't see Pearson's elbow on their player. You could say Pearson was lucky to avoid a red there![/QUOTE]

Check your newspaper- we won 2-0. Some go against us some go for us that’s football.

krux 2nd September 2018 18.00:29

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2179225]Check your newspaper- we won 2-0. Some go against us some go for us that’s football.[/QUOTE]

We won. But we were lucky.

Those are not mutually exclusive facts.

Birdy 2nd September 2018 18.03:11

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2179225]Check your newspaper- we won 2-0. Some go against us some go for us that’s football.[/QUOTE]

Bet you been waiting weeks for my first bit of what you would deem 'negativity'!

It's an opinion which I have and looks like you need help in getting over it!

You can clearly see that Pearson leads with his elbow and it looks like a foul, some refs could have given a red for that.

I am not complaining that we scored the goal and you could argue its 1-1 after the Bromley penalty decision.

moynkeepthefaith 2nd September 2018 18.06:27

[QUOTE=Birdy;2179230]Bet you been waiting weeks for my first bit of what you would deem 'negativity'!

It's an opinion which I have and looks like you need help in getting over it!

You can clearly see that Pearson leads with his elbow and it looks like a foul, some refs could have given a red for that.

I am not complaining that we scored the goal and you could argue its 1-1 after the Bromley penalty decision.[/QUOTE]

Be sure I have not been waiting for anything. I can only see a goal to us. Thanks but I don’t need any help as we are top of the league. Just trying to reconcile clearly and looks like.

Birdy 2nd September 2018 18.08:51

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2179231]Be sure I have not been waiting for anything. I can only see a goal to us. Thanks but I don’t need any help as we are top of the league. Just trying to reconcile clearly and looks like.[/QUOTE]

Doubt we will be seeing you anytime soon on MOTD then! I like to analyse things a bit more rationally than 'it was just a goal'.

moynkeepthefaith 2nd September 2018 18.10:54

[QUOTE=Birdy;2179232]Doubt we will be seeing you anytime soon on MOTD then! I like to analyse things a bit more rationally than 'it was just a goal'.[/QUOTE]

Look forward to you appearing and the editor allowing you to say clearly and look s like :) hardly Alan shearer

dixienormous 2nd September 2018 18.36:50

[QUOTE=ABd;2179208]Rendell doesn't even see the alleged foul, his head is turned the other way :confused:[/QUOTE]

Rendell's a complete twat

benwilliams 2nd September 2018 18.45:46

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2179129]Pearson blocks their guy, should be a foul. His usual antics in the box then falls over dramatically appealing for a foul like he does at every corner.[/QUOTE]

You keep going on about him FOG, I get that if the opposition had a player like him we'd be going mad but isn't it good we have someone who's not afraid of the 'dark arts? We will never get out of this league with a bunch of nice fair weaklings

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 2nd September 2018 18.45:59

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2179239]Rendell's a complete twat[/QUOTE]

If he had been a bit less useless, we would have lost 2:1.

Keyser Söze 2nd September 2018 18.47:57

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2179239]Rendell's a complete twat[/QUOTE]

He did well to only get a booking for 10 mins of solid arguing with the ref and 4th official following our 1st goal. Did anybody see their CB elbow Young when we were breaking? Not included in the highlights but looked like he got away with one at the time.

dixienormous 2nd September 2018 18.55:04

[QUOTE=Keyser Söze;2179246]He did well to only get a booking for 10 mins of solid arguing with the ref and 4th official following our 1st goal. Did anybody see their CB elbow Young when we were breaking? Not included in the highlights but looked like he got away with one at the time.[/QUOTE]

If I remember, he did his knee in when at Woking, the club looked after him well, when fully fit buggered off and signed for Aldershot.

blackbrookred 2nd September 2018 19.18:47

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2179247]If I remember, he did his knee in when at Woking, the club looked after him well, when fully fit buggered off and signed for Aldershot.[/QUOTE]
Yes he did. The Woking fans raised loads of cash to pay for his op I think it was. There was a fund page.

dixienormous 2nd September 2018 19.22:42

[url]https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fans-non-league-woking-raise-6244480[/url]

[url]https://www.theshots.co.uk/scott-rendell[/url]

ABd 2nd September 2018 19.35:20

Would rather have Ruth Rendell upfront, and she's been dead three years.

Funny_Old_Game 2nd September 2018 19.47:54

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2179244]You keep going on about him FOG, I get that if the opposition had a player like him we'd be going mad but isn't it good we have someone who's not afraid of the 'dark arts? We will never get out of this league with a bunch of nice fair weaklings
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

It’s the sheer hypocrisy of our fans. Every man and his dog whinging last week that it wasn’t a penalty when someone bought a cheap penalty off Pearson. Now he’s getting away with one and it’s not mentioned.

Connahs_Quay_Red 2nd September 2018 19.56:24

FOG- happy to admit I’m a hypocrite when it comes to Wrexham decisions, but you are missing the point.

We are all saying we don’t care, the decision went for us and we are going to cheer it as a result.

If we get promoted via 8 hands of god, 16 dives and 10 wrongly awarded goals... I genuinely don’t care.

DoomandGloom 3rd September 2018 06.24:52

All about opinions, and in mine the guy pushes against Pearson who pushes back, right decision by the ref, no foul.

Ruabon Red 3rd September 2018 06.45:52

[QUOTE=ABd;2179256]Would rather have Ruth Rendell upfront, and she's been dead three years.[/QUOTE]

Really? That seems a strange choice to make.

René Higuita 3rd September 2018 07.06:26

According to Sam, the appealing was because the ref told the players to wait ie the corner wouldn't be taken when it was.

corwenred 3rd September 2018 08.52:56

Looking at the highlight, it seems like the ref is telling the first man something just before the ball is crosses. Doesn't effect Rendell who was supposed to be marking Beavon.

Dudders666 3rd September 2018 09.15:12

We concede far too many chances from crosses in open play. Crosses come in so so easily, teams dont have to work for them. Its the one big problem ive seen with us this year.

Great result and some good finishes. Big game tuesday now, COYR!

fezbob 3rd September 2018 09.34:12

[QUOTE=Dudders666;2179341]We concede far too many chances from crosses in open play. Crosses come in so so easily, teams dont have to work for them. Its the one big problem ive seen with us this year.

Great result and some good finishes. Big game tuesday now, COYR![/QUOTE]

It's odd how little we get punished for it. Almost as if the strikers' union held a vote and decided to take it easy on us.

Jenks87 3rd September 2018 09.35:04

The protests are clearly because the ref hasn't blown for the corner. Look at Rendell doing the old "whistle to mouth" signal as he's chasing after the ref. That's why he's watching the corner and not Beavon.

René Higuita 3rd September 2018 10.24:00

[QUOTE=fezbob;2179343]It's odd how little we get punished for it. Almost as if the strikers' union held a vote and decided to take it easy on us.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Corners are massively overrated as a chance by everyone who watches football. If you look at statistics you are actually more likely to score from a throw in level with the 18 yard line.

DoomandGloom 3rd September 2018 12.14:06

[QUOTE=Jenks87;2179344]The protests are clearly because the ref hasn't blown for the corner. Look at Rendell doing the old "whistle to mouth" signal as he's chasing after the ref. That's why he's watching the corner and not Beavon.[/QUOTE]

Only my understanding of the rules but: the corner is one of the set pieces that don't need a whistle from the ref to take. Only can't carry on if he stops the play from occurring, which hadn't happened even if he'd planned to. He has to stop the player before it happens.

Chief 3rd September 2018 13.45:28

I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.

Prodigal Dragon 3rd September 2018 13.51:04

[QUOTE=Chief;2179399]I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.[/QUOTE]

Sums it up. We won. We move on to Halifax. Hopefully, we’ll learn and improve as we gain match time.

When we finally do click, joy will return to the Racecourse after years of neglect.:)

GarryOggy 3rd September 2018 20.03:51

[QUOTE=Chief;2179399]I couldn't make the game (cricket season still ongoing) but it looks like we had 4 good chances and put away 2 of them. Aldershot had many more clearer chances and failed.[/QUOTE]

They had two clear cut chances. We possibly should have had a penalty. Lainton didn't have much to do.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.58:49.