Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th September 2018, 08.07:40   #19-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings for Halifax

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Got to feel sorry for Tharme , and Beavon , Niether deserve to be dropped
I agree on Beavon, I don't think they'd want Tharme to play too many games in a row.
Old 5th September 2018, 09.03:39   #20-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Lainton- 7 He's a great shot stopper
Carrington - 8 MOM Best game I've seen him play for us
Lawlor - 6 Nervous start, but when you consider who he's played for he's probably never seen a crowd before
Pearson - 7/8 Fantastic but looks bit leggy at the moment
Jennings - 7 Runs into trouble but offers something down the left side
Wright - 7 Thought he did ok but needs to work on his passing
Summerfield - 8 Ran his arse off but I'm not sure if he's the creative man we need.
Rutherford - 7 Can't knock his application but I think we need a bit more quality
Fondop- 6 He's scored 5 somehow but from the home games I've seen he's bloody awful
Maguire-Drew - 6 He's a bit of a fanny and needs to get involved more, but has that killer pass and can win a game
Pyke - 7 Thought he was outstanding in the first half but I see him more as a winger.

Beavon - 5 Not what you need if you want to win a game, should have won it at the end
Holroyd - 5 Needs to sort his hair out
Young- 6 Needs a run in the side, I like him.
Old 5th September 2018, 11.29:22   #21-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
I agree on Beavon, I don't think they'd want Tharme to play too many games in a row.
Beavon's 34. He ain't going to be playing back to back 90 mins.

Plus, I don't think any other striker has (maybe fondop, hence his early pull last night), as rotation of the front 3 is a key ricketts tactic.
Old 5th September 2018, 11.45:20   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
Lainton - 7: Typical performance for him, looking to be really solid after fears of him being a little dodgy in pre-season. Pulled off a really good save in the 2nd half which could have easily fell to the oncoming striker. Other than that he wasn't tested too much, however.
Carrington - 7.5: MOTM. Only made one mistake all game which was when Kosylo turned him inside out in the 2nd half. Otherwise, matched Kosylo, who always seems to have his working boots on when he plays us.
Lawlor - 7: As I said in the reaction thread, he's not got the class of Manny Smith and is very typical of a non-league centre half. However, with that said, he's a centre half who kept a clean sheet and did put in some good tackles and headers.
Pearson - 7.5: Solid performance from Pearson like usual. It's always great to see a tricky winger or striker try and run and Pearson and then Pearson just stops him in his tracks. Sponsor's MOTM, and it could have gone either way between him and Carra for me.
Jennings - 6: Played some good balls from the wing, did get caught in possesion a few times though. Not a bad game but not his finest hour.
Summerfield - 6.5: His delivery from set-plays wasn't at the standard we've come to expect, although in open play he played a few clever balls.
Wright - 6.5: Solid and always made himself available. He's definitely our most improved player.
Rutherford - 6.5: Ran his socks off but couldn't make anything happen, unfortunately. Better than Deverdics in this position, I will say.
Pyke - 7: First half you could tell why he was at a Premier League side. Petered off a little in the 2nd half and I do think he's better as an impact sub.
Maguire-Drew - 6: Him and Fondop need to practice more on the training ground together because they were not on the same page tonight. Didn't seem that motivated, because if he was the left back would have had a hard time of it tonight.
Fondop-Talom - 5: Wasn't feeling him tonight. He doesn't get any help from the ref but his decision making was poor tonight. Peaked early when he hit the bar in the first half.

Beavon - 6: Works hard, he's definitely not a prolific goalscorer though.
Holroyd - 5.5: Didn't really notice him when he came on. Hopefully if he gets more game time he's shake off the rust.
Young - 6: Tried to make something happen but couldn't quite conjur up any magic.

Overall, I think it was a tactical game more than anything else. Not one for the neutral. The result could have went either way so I think a draw is fair.
Biggest issue with this was that Maguire Drew took nearly all of the free kicks !!
Absolutely crazy when Summerfield has set up most of our goals with set pieces.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.19:24.