RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings for Halifax (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112525-ratings-halifax.html)

ABd 4th September 2018 22.22:07

Ratings for Halifax

Lainton 8
Jennings 6
Pearson 7
Lawlor 5
Carrington 7.5
Rutherford 7
Wright 6
Summerfield 7
Pyke 7
Fondop 6
Maguire-Drew 5

Young 6
Beavon 7
Holroyd 6

Birdy 4th September 2018 22.24:40

Re: Ratings for Halifax

Lainton 8
Jennings 5
Pearson 7
Lawlor 5
Carrington 8
Rutherford 6
Wright 5
Summerfield 6
Pyke 7
Fondop 5
Maguire-Drew 5

Young 6
Beavon 7
Holroyd 5

shimosays 4th September 2018 22.35:05

Lainton 7
Carrington 7
Pearson 7
Lawlor 6
Jennings 7
Wright 6
Summerfield 7
Rutherford 6
JMD 4
Pyke 6
Fondop 6

Young 7
Beavon 6
Holroyd 4
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

willyheckerslike 4th September 2018 22.36:18

Lainton 7
Jennings 6
Pearson 7
Lawlor 6
Carrington 8
Rutherford 5
Wright 6
Summerfield 7
Pyke 7
Fondop 7
Maguire-Drew 6

Young 6
Beavon 7
Holroyd 6

Lods 4th September 2018 22.38:37

Lainton - 7: Typical performance for him, looking to be really solid after fears of him being a little dodgy in pre-season. Pulled off a really good save in the 2nd half which could have easily fell to the oncoming striker. Other than that he wasn't tested too much, however.
Carrington - 7.5: MOTM. Only made one mistake all game which was when Kosylo turned him inside out in the 2nd half. Otherwise, matched Kosylo, who always seems to have his working boots on when he plays us.
Lawlor - 7: As I said in the reaction thread, he's not got the class of Manny Smith and is very typical of a non-league centre half. However, with that said, he's a centre half who kept a clean sheet and did put in some good tackles and headers.
Pearson - 7.5: Solid performance from Pearson like usual. It's always great to see a tricky winger or striker try and run and Pearson and then Pearson just stops him in his tracks. Sponsor's MOTM, and it could have gone either way between him and Carra for me.
Jennings - 6: Played some good balls from the wing, did get caught in possesion a few times though. Not a bad game but not his finest hour.
Summerfield - 6.5: His delivery from set-plays wasn't at the standard we've come to expect, although in open play he played a few clever balls.
Wright - 6.5: Solid and always made himself available. He's definitely our most improved player.
Rutherford - 6.5: Ran his socks off but couldn't make anything happen, unfortunately. Better than Deverdics in this position, I will say.
Pyke - 7: First half you could tell why he was at a Premier League side. Petered off a little in the 2nd half and I do think he's better as an impact sub.
Maguire-Drew - 6: Him and Fondop need to practice more on the training ground together because they were not on the same page tonight. Didn't seem that motivated, because if he was the left back would have had a hard time of it tonight.
Fondop-Talom - 5: Wasn't feeling him tonight. He doesn't get any help from the ref but his decision making was poor tonight. Peaked early when he hit the bar in the first half.

Beavon - 6: Works hard, he's definitely not a prolific goalscorer though.
Holroyd - 5.5: Didn't really notice him when he came on. Hopefully if he gets more game time he's shake off the rust.
Young - 6: Tried to make something happen but couldn't quite conjur up any magic.

Overall, I think it was a tactical game more than anything else. Not one for the neutral. The result could have went either way so I think a draw is fair.

Superunknown 4th September 2018 22.51:42

Lainton 8
Jennings 5
Pearson 7
Lawlor 5
Carrington 8
Rutherford 7
Wright 6
Summerfield 6
Pyke 7
Fondop 5
Maguire-Drew 5

Young 5
Beavon 7
Holroyd 4

pagl 4th September 2018 23.07:13

Lods summary looks good except for Wright. A liability 1st half but much improved 2nd.
Not enough desire to get to the ball first from a few tonight and needs to be improved.
Not the worst performance we have had and kept a clean sheet.

John Neals Dynasty 4th September 2018 23.29:39

Lainton (7) another solid display didn't have a lot to do but made a good save late on caused through Jennings dithering with the ball.

Carrington (8) MOM was always under pressure thanks to Lowler who looks very rusty.

Jennings (5) a good ball Watcher.

Lowler (5) A poor debut but can only get better looks rusty.

Pearson (7) Captain fantastic, Mr dependable just popped for the MOM by Carrington for me.

Wright (6) poor first half improved in the second.

Summerfield (6) passing Let him down at times but works his socks off.

Rutherford (6) not one on his better games but as above works his socks off.

Pyke (6) good first half tired in the second.

Fondop (5) still very raw unlucky when he hit the bar.

Maguire-Drew (5) lazy doesn’t look interested at times.

Subs
Young (6)
Beavon (6)
Holroyd Not on long enough to fairly score.

Overall a frustrating performance with a fair result, to Mourinhoesque slow build up sideways backwards passing, then giving possession away very easily, we need more tempo in our game when on top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 5th September 2018 04.28:23

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2179917]Overall a frustrating performance with a fair result, to Mourinhoesque slow build up sideways backwards passing, then giving possession away very easily, we need more tempo in our game when on top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

The tempo isnt right as some players not busting a gut to get to the ball first.
Pike did a few times but I felt MTF and Drew both played well within themselves and were a luxury last night when we needed the effort put in.

Sam still shuffling the pack at the moment. Will Walker get a go next?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.12:15.