Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th September 2018, 12.44:08   #161-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
People don't understand the thread, or like the content yet keep coming back in to read it. Sense it makes no.
It makes plenty of sense. I’d say most people are more likely to comment on something they disagree with.

Especially pie in the sky hippy nonsense like this thread. I mean come on, time to grasp reality.
Old 12th September 2018, 16.05:25   #162-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Is this nonsense still going?
Old 12th September 2018, 16.35:16   #163-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Is this nonsense still going?
Nonsense?
Old 12th September 2018, 17.28:02   #164-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I clearly have nowt else better to do with my time then spout on this thread. Must get some more hobbies.
Old 12th September 2018, 17.35:34   #165-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
It makes plenty of sense. I’d say most people are more likely to comment on something they disagree with.

Especially pie in the sky hippy nonsense like this thread. I mean come on, time to grasp reality.
Reality is for people who can’t handle drugs . . . .
Old 12th September 2018, 17.48:28   #166-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End

The thing that really interest me about this thread, is the number of posters who seem to be continually struggling with it...

For some reason or other.

They seem to be the same ones ?

I wonder why.

I mean it's actually great. Because every time they post. The word Champions is being positioned up the ranking on Red Passion.

So its really a great help.

And then later in the season when it really gets interesting... I wonder if they will be posting on it as much then.

Time will tell.

Feel The Force.

Forza Wrecsam.
Old 12th September 2018, 18.18:31   #167-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I admire and welcome the efforts of the OP to generate positivity no matter what anyone else thinks.
Negativity can spread like a cancer and be destructive.

Ultimately the team will give us all the feel good factor and both they and the thread will have achieved their aim.

SMILE it's contagious, lets be positive.
Old 12th September 2018, 19.05:40   #168-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Sorry Welsh Kiwi but this is nonsense. Fans always had a voice back then , primarily through the Supporters Association who were involved closely with the Club via Fundraising , Programme Production , Catering , etc etc. By the early 80's , with the active co-operation and encouragement of Commercial Manager Reg Slater, we ran the Centre Spot Shop, Away Travel , Junior Reds, 500 Club Draw as well as those areas previously in our care. Reg , meanwhile , was free to concentrate on his main commercial duties including the Club Lottery which brought in a small fortune. You will also be aware of the Centenary Club committee , made up of local businessmen and professionals, which worked tirelessly to raise money and were largely responsible for getting the Yale Stand built.
As for getting views across in the local papers ....I never had a problem! They ...Reg Herbert, Dave Lovett, Les Chamberlain , Ron Chaloner, and now Nick Harrison ...were always receptive to constructive criticism .When I first met my wife she thought my name was Controversial Dave Davies, having seen me described as such in the Leader!!
It appears fashionable these days to pretend the Fans movement at Wrexham started with the formation of WST in 2001 and that previously we only had the dark days. I , like many other Reds , believe in Fans Ownership but also believe we should respect those who have served the Club well in the past. Re-writing history to suit a philosophy is both wrong and dangerous.
Respectfully yours
Dave
That’s a cracking post.
Old 12th September 2018, 22.09:20   #169-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Dear me , if some of you cant see its just a feelgood thing then you need help
Old 13th September 2018, 05.45:09   #170-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End

Joey Jones was a Champion footballer.

Technically he didn't become a Champion playing for Wrexham, but every Wrexham fan would recognise Joey as a Champion footballer and human being.

He did become a Champion for Liverpool.

He was destined to do that.

People remember Joeys clenched fist to the Kop end of every club he played for. It became a cult like approach by a player who wore his heart on his sleeve.

The LOVE for Joey in football is incredible. LOVE is a very powerful thing.

His clenched fist to the Liverpool Kop changed a city. A whole city.

But still it wasn't quite as powerful as the clenched fist he gave to Wrexham's Kop. That changed a whole Town for ever.

I sometimes think if Joey clenched his fist enough at the vacant empty Kop it would bring it back to life... Bring the heart back to our club...

Who is responsible for our Kop being closed? How as that happened ? What great football club lets their Kop become closed ?

We are a great football club. Joey is a great footballer.

Some people remember Joeys two footed crunching tackles and how hard he was as a Wrexham player. Rock solid. No one would ever run through Joey. A born fighter on the pitch. Hard as nails. Wrexham through and through.

I sometimes think people forget what a great footballer Joey was. He had grace and guile too. He could pass a ball... Look at the FA Cup final in 1977 and the ball Joey played into Jimmy Case for their goal.

Balance is an important thing.

To go up as Champions we need a bit more LOVE on Red Passion.

Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam

#PlayWithNoFear #WeAreWexham

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.00:00.