RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Champions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112528-champions.html)

Silvo 5th September 2018 11.55:57

Re: Champions

I'm more scared about Leyton Orient to be honest.

moldroadred 5th September 2018 12.34:14

[QUOTE=Silvo;2180026]I'm more scared about Leyton Orient to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Any team that finishes above Orient will be champions.

Welsh Kiwi 5th September 2018 12.36:45

Just to say

Am not underestimating the other teams in any way.

There are some very good sides in the mix.

But there can only be one Champions per year.

Aiming for the play offs is like aiming for the water jump in a steeplechase race.

He who dares wins.

Rhosymedre Red 5th September 2018 12.43:02

You Look at the other top teams they have a goalscorer ie Rowe. Rooney Bonne etc MFT I'm not sure about, Maybe Quigley could have done it for us but we could do with someone that has scored goals fairly consistently.

dixienormous 5th September 2018 12.57:12

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2180044]You Look at the other top teams they have a goalscorer ie Rowe. Rooney Bonne etc MFT I'm not sure about, Maybe Quigley could have done it for us but we could do with someone that has scored goals fairly consistently.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen I doubt MFT will, and this needs to be sorted or it's anther season down here.

KingBuxton_Forever red 5th September 2018 13.03:51

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2180049]From what I've seen I doubt MFT will, and this needs to be sorted or it's anther season down here.[/QUOTE]

Fondop has scored one more than Bonne and is only 2 off Rooney. Seems a little unfair.

NottsRed 5th September 2018 13.06:24

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2180049]From what I've seen I doubt MFT will, and this needs to be sorted or it's anther season down here.[/QUOTE]

Are the other sides as defensively as tight as us? Salford despite all the cash seem to be letting quite a few in. Could be the difference as we seem to have more in midfield and attack than last year.

Way to early to say if we will be in the mix come the end. Delighted with where we are now after what was on paper was a tough start.

boomer 5th September 2018 13.16:58

I agree with those who see Orient as a threat. Obviously Salford, Barnet are now four wins on the trot I think and Harrogate are undefeated and showing resilience like last night at Hartlepool themselves an improved side. Including us there seems to be better quality teams this season.

pagl 5th September 2018 13.40:51

Rose tinted!! Not quite sure where you see us as champions elect - maybe you have seen something more than most others.

Defensively sound, will miss Manny but I think Lawlor will improve over the next few games and not likely to face such pace again.

Midfield wise - just not enough creativity and certainly not enough goals from the options available.

Forwards - MTF has to bring more to the party. Scored 1 in the last 4 games and last night he seemed to be more interested in playing a bit of a fool than causing them problems. Seems that he could have an attitude problem?
Drew is very hit and miss.

There is a lot of improvement to be made, we need to balance out the squad better and I think still need 2 key signings to consider the title. IMO.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.24:47.