Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th September 2018, 00.09:47   #181-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Champions

How could anyone ask Alex Higgins? Just asking
Old 14th September 2018, 03.04:13   #182-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
How could anyone ask Alex Higgins? Just asking
He is in a snooker he will never get out of!
Old 14th September 2018, 06.30:06   #183-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I'm snookered

There's a reason Sam Ricketts came to Wrexham.

Synchronicity...

Like Karma... Synchronicity is a powerful thing.

Sam's father became the World Showjumping Champion in 1978.

The very same year Wrexham last became Champions.

Not many people know that Carl Jung was a Wrexham Fan.

Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam
Old 14th September 2018, 07.11:20   #184-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Not many people know that Carl Jung was a Wrexham Fan.

Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam
Hitlers Mien Kampf was written about us as well.
Old 14th September 2018, 07.37:30   #185-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

And on the seventh day the Lord looked upon the world and was pleased with what he saw - to crown his creation he created Wrexham F.C. with the floodlights reaching up to the heavens least we forget our Lord and Master.
(The Gospel according to Micky Thomas chapter 1)
Old 14th September 2018, 08.00:39   #186-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Awaits someone to create a relegated thread just for lolz. Welsh Kiwi would blow his nut.
Old 14th September 2018, 10.26:24   #187-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:

OAP, I would really like to know which of our players is not bothered about which club they play for. Which players are not bothered about playing for our great club and wearing our Wrexham AFC badge. I would really like to know who they are. Because I would really like to talk to them. Face to face... And help them to understand a little bit more about the history of our club. And what it means to play for Wrexham AFC. and what it means to the fans... Please let me know which players you are referring to...
I'm not referring to any players specifically, just the squad in general and I don't think I ever said they couldn't be bothered (that is twisting my words). I think its incredibly naïve to think that just because they are playing for us they are suddenly going to live and breathe the club. Most players will be with us fleetingly, one or two seasons before moving on, that's football. Yes, they may enjoy their time here and enjoy playing for Wrexham.

But I would guess that they are playing for their own personal pride, and to improve their skills, experience etc. If they play well, they get noticed and can progress their careers. If they don't applicate themselves they soon leave.
The benefit of a group of players all striving to better themselves is that the club benefit. I am sure the players are happy at the moment, it seems a close knit group but players come and go, only a few stay any length of time.

But the point I'm making is that you seem to think the players would roll over and die for the club. I think you are over estimating their loyalty. Players want to win and be successful, but that is the same whatever club they are at, not just Wrexham.

Just my opinion, as you are entitled to yours.

And I don't think anyone is fearful of the word 'Champions', why would they be?
Old 14th September 2018, 11.36:22   #188-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Please do start a relegation thread Birdy. If you would like to...

I won't be posting on it though...

Thanks OAP. I really value your input to this thread as it's thoughtful and constructive and actually like a conversation. The art of listening is lost on many (especially on an internet forum) and it seems to be who can shout the loudest.. Which is why I sometimes use a larger size font. So I am now going to try using a tiny font to see it if makes any difference.

I apologise for using the phrase 'not bothered' I was just referring to you saying that "it makes no difference to the players which club they play for." Which I felt was essentially suggesting the same thing.

I feel we do need our players to live and breathe our club. That may seem naive, but I have seen the difference it makes in hundreds of organisations when the workers feel they want to bust their gut because its a truly great company/club to work for etc... (Workers in this context is essentially the players, although player does sounds like a more enjoyable activity than worker)

I do get your point. I truly am listening... We have had at Wrexham great, great who have rolled over and died for the Club. That's the reason they have all become legends. We could all make a long list of them.. There will be 1 or 2 in the current Wrexham side who are exactly the same. Cut from the same cloth.

In recent years I have sensed a bit of fear amongst the fan base and players. A fear that it will all go to pot again. Another year of failure etc. etc. The words are almost said before the event has even happened. If you think something is going to happen it will be much more likely to come true. This applies to both positive energy and negative energy.

And when I analysed it, I remembered the last manager of our Championship winning Wrexham side saying to me. "We did it. We became champions by Playing With No Fear..."

And that comment really resonated.

Play With No Fear
Old 14th September 2018, 14.56:11   #189-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

In recent years I have sensed a bit of fear amongst the fan base and players. A fear that it will all go to pot again. Another year of failure etc. etc. The words are almost said before the event has even happened. If you think something is going to happen it will be much more likely to come true. This applies to both positive energy and negative energy.

And when I analysed it, I remembered the last manager of our Championship winning Wrexham side saying to me. "We did it. We became champions by Playing With No Fear..."

And that comment really resonated.

Play With No Fear
Very true.

"Self-fulfilling prophesies" i.e. I don't believe that I can do this - and that becomes the result, because I "have no confidence," or I "talk myself out of it."

On the other hand, we those people with winning mentalities, the ones who don't lie down and accept defeat just because they were told they're not good enough. It's said that Thomas Eddison, inventor of the light bulb, carried out 999 experiments using different methods and materials before he found a combination that really worked. Most people would have given up long before then - but he had a "belief" in himself and in the concept.

We've all worked with people who have different mental attitudes about their jobs. Some of them do as little as they can get away with: just enough (perhaps) to hang on to their jobs. And then there are those that never give up, the ones that keep at it until they get the result they want (usually one that makes the boss happy!)

The real problem workers are those that spend their time moaning about the job, moaning about the boss, moaning about one colleague to another - and so on. Their managers see and hear the moaning and the amount of time the worker spends moaning instead of putting that time to good use. They are the rotten apples in the barrel (and we've had some of those at Wrexham!) whose moaning spreads to other colleagues, until eventually, the others join in too, and the end result is failure.

That's why managers of most businesses don't tolerate those moaners for long before getting rid of them as fast as possible before the entire team (the business) becomes infected by their negativity. It happens in offices, on shop floors, anywhere that colleagues gather and chat. Successful businesses make sure they get rid of those rotten apples before they spread throughout the barrel. Unsuccessful businesses fail to recognise the problem, tolerate the negativity for too long... until the inevitable happens and business slumps.

And there's a common link in football between those rotten apples, whether they're players, other staff, weak and/or lazy managers - or even those fans who desperately want to see their teams succeed but have been let down too many times in the past and get into the habit of being negative, expecting the players to make the same mistakes again and again, and complaining about them loud and long. And that's when things turn sour. We moan, players feel bad knowing they've let us and themselves down, and then making the same mistakes in the next match. "We were bad, so we'll be bad next game too" - stinking thinking, that self-fulfilling prophesy again.

Having a positive attitude isn't going to make us wine every game. But if we go into the next game with the confidence that we're going to win, we have a better chance that if we're still feeling down about the previous result.

That's not a happy clapper attitude, it's simply the power of positive thinking.

I know that I feel much better after winning than after losing. I'm sure that everyone does. Sometimes, we just need to change something outside of the box to bring us the positive results we really want. Spread a bit of joy... create a lot of confidence... agree on the things that we're doing right instead of moaning about the things we do wrong... We could become Champions that way.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.04:59.