RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Champions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112528-champions.html)

Prodigal Dragon 7th September 2018 15.53:12

Re: Champions

[QUOTE=Willywill;2180520]What utter tosh! This Kiwi speaks like my previous sales managers. A little bit too much optimism, when what we need is realism. It’s great that we come to the table with great memories, but that’s all they are. Secretly, I feel that this Kiwi bloke is a friendly WUM ![/QUOTE]

Definitely not a WUM! Clearly you don't (yet) believe his message!

Hopefully, his reality will become your realism, one day soon.:)

Mr Wonderful 7th September 2018 15.58:46

Trust the FORCE . . . .

And look out for the Salford Sithy Death Star. .

JonWrexhamfc 7th September 2018 16.03:08

Poncho not a WUM but he's been a soppy baaastard as of late. Rum f*ker!

Prodigal Dragon 7th September 2018 16.21:14

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2180529]Poncho not a WUM but he's been a soppy baaastard as of late. Rum f*ker![/QUOTE]

He's in love. What do you expect?;)

Kiddy Dragon 7th September 2018 18.06:06

I'm with Welsh Kiwi and Cenotaff on this.

Stickirupum 7th September 2018 19.09:08

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2179969]This may seem like rose tinted specs, but I really do believe we are going to go up as Champions.

Believing in something is a massive part of making it happen...

I know it is going to be hard and there are always a million logical reasons against it... But anyone who has walked up Snowdon will know it looks mighty big from down below but much smaller from up top.

I think the Champions spot is going to turn out like a battle from Star Wars.

The Dark side v the Jedis.

Salford v Wrexham

And we hold the Lightsabre.

We own our club, we are not cash rich and we have a far greater history, pedigree and knowledge of how to play football the Wrexham Way. What is the Salford way exactly ? We had forgotten how to play the Wrexham Way over the years, but we are finding it again through Sam Ricketts.

The last time we did the Champions thing we had an ace Welsh manager who had played for Wales too.

It will take great courage and great mental strength, but Sam is the man to get us back up. It's the first time I have felt that in over 10 years. His ego is not bigger than his ability. His ability is bigger than his ego. A bit like Yoda.

The one thing I do think is we are not going to do it just as one team. #WeAreOneTeam

I think we are going to need a bit of 'Wrexham' in the mix too, for us to go up as Champions.

So anyone who is on social media. When you do the hashtag #WeAreOneTeam please can you also add #WeAreWrexham.

A fab little boy I know recently rubbed the happy Buddah's belly at the European Buddhist headquarters in France. There was a Wrexham AFC sticker on the car in the car park.

Let's make this happen ... Red Passion.

We protected the Racecourse, so getting us back into the Football League as Champions is easy compared to that.

2018/19 Champions. :trophy:[/QUOTE]

Great post. It will be a tough journey, but as each step of that journey is taken, Sam and his boys seem to add more belief. And if that continues then each step will get easier as we all pull in the same direction.

Willywill 7th September 2018 20.15:39

I may be a miserably oldish git, but I think it’s all soppy drivel. For what it’s worth, I love Star Wars, but it’s got nowt to do with Wrexham AFC. Like the motivational speakers I have had to endure in my career - sickly !

Jaded 7th September 2018 20.32:00

[QUOTE=Willywill;2180559]I may be a miserably oldish git, but I think it’s all soppy drivel. For what it’s worth, I love Star Wars, but it’s got nowt to do with Wrexham AFC. Like the motivational speakers I have had to endure in my career - sickly ![/QUOTE]

How many times are you planning on telling us you don’t like the post?

Welsh Kiwi 7th September 2018 21.05:54

It's a choice to make.

An inner struggle.

To have courage to believe we will be champions...

and to let the players feel that energy.

Or to take the darkside. The easy, told you so side. The prophets of doom.

Fear is the path to the dark side… fear leads to anger… anger leads to hate… hate leads to suffering... And another year in the National League.

Confidence conquers fear.

Not over confidence. But confidence and belief you can reach the top.

Belief conquers doubts.

We have made a great start.

The players will need the fans to believe.

A club with ambition to be Champions will be far, far stronger than a club who wants to reach the play offs.

We Are Wrexham. We were strong and we have became weak. But the strength is coming back.

Feel the force.

Willywill 7th September 2018 21.20:39

Welsh Kiwi posts 20 times on the same sad topic, and I comment three times and I get the flack. That sounds fair.

Huffy 7th September 2018 21.34:42

It would be rude not to post this again , seeing as Welsh Kiwi has it as his avatar:coolgleamA:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AuqZikah.jpg[/img]

Welsh Kiwi 7th September 2018 21.57:22

What a beautiful thing Huffy. :)

Seeing it that size has made my night.

It does seem quite amazing really...

The concept that the Wrexham fan darkside could see the idea of helping the Club to become Champions as attention seeking, or sad or soppy and unfair.

It's all just more dark terminology.

Or that any motivational ideas are a complete waste of time.

Amazing really...

Just imagine Sir Alex Ferguson and Bill Shankly, two great, great football managers of opposing rival champion teams being criticised for motivating their players.

Feel the force. Play with no fear.

Nibs 7th September 2018 23.12:05

I hope your right! However, let’s be realistic...to go from mid table to champions is asking a lot.

dixienormous 7th September 2018 23.23:46

[QUOTE=Huffy;2180569]It would be rude not to post this again , seeing as Welsh Kiwi has it as his avatar:coolgleamA:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AuqZikah.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

No fooking about there, proper footballers.

Cenotaff 8th September 2018 00.00:38

[QUOTE=Willywill;2180566]Welsh Kiwi posts 20 times on the same sad topic, and I comment three times and I get the flack. That sounds fair.[/QUOTE]

It's his own topic meant to spur up some optimism and belief in others and get others to move from grumbling to maybe thinking we have half a chance. He's forgiven for posting heavily on his own topic to try and gee others up.

If you want a 'realistic'/moan thread then make one and people can quite happily post in it or ignore it if it bothers them like this one seems to bother you.

You call it a sad topic, yet you're the saddo counting posts and trying to play victim whilst trying to pee on people's chips. Well done.

We're doing alright for ourselves so far after plenty were saying how screwed we were before the season started. Heaven forbid anybody tries to get positive about it.

Also, yeah, we've beaten teams down the lower end of the league, maybe part of the reason they're down there at this early stage of the season is because, uhhh, we beat them and helped put them down there.

If it's realism that you want, we're 3rd in the league, 1 point of the top. We're doing alright, something to get behind rather than try and drag down to miserable levels.

Welsh Kiwi 8th September 2018 01.14:28

Thanks very much Cenotaff

It seems that the Wrexham fans who prefer to hang out on the darkside feel threatened in some way by the force of the light.

It's a bit like Runaround and Mike Reid. Where are you going to choose to stand ?

For those who may remember the Protect The Racecourse campaign it was a huge 18 month battle to get the Racecourse protected in the Local Development Plan.

At that time the darkside were controlling our football club.

The reason we won the battle and got it protected was Red Passion. Red Passion was the reason... RP is a surprisingly powerful force when everyone pulls together in the same direction, with the same energy, for the same common purpose.

Our battle in 2018 is how to get Wrexham AFC promoted back into the Football League. The most risky ambition would be to try to do it via the play offs. That would be like planning to avoid getting wet in the water jump in the Steeplechase.

The bravest, most courageous, and most sensible ambition would be to plan to go up as Champions.

For many of the older fans we still have a flame in our bellies from 1978. A flame that will never burn out, but whose embers have started to glow weaker in recent decades.

We have great, great football club.

Of incredible pedigree and history.

A football club that fans of many other clubs will never know... Unless they start to support Wrexham.

We Are Wrexham.

Play with No Fear.

Welsh Kiwi 8th September 2018 07.37:44

'Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.'

Every ounce of pain on those Wembley steps can be drawn into a positive force field.

Braintree. We are coming at you.

Jaded 8th September 2018 08.36:49

[QUOTE=Willywill;2180566]Welsh Kiwi posts 20 times on the same sad topic, and I comment three times and I get the flack. That sounds fair.[/QUOTE]

If you want to start a whiny thread and post on it 20 times feel free; I’ll even tell anyone in there repeatedly trying to be positive that they’d be better off just finding another thread. :)

John Neals Dynasty 8th September 2018 11.24:16

[QUOTE=Nibs;2180573]I hope your right! However, let’s be realistic...to go from mid table to champions is asking a lot.[/QUOTE]

Is it? Macclesfield finished roughly midtable before winning the league, people are talking about Salford winning the league just promoted, Leyton Orient ( my tip to win it) finished midtable last season, Harrogate who are flying unbeaten were just promoted, different season we had the defence sorted more or less last season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 8th September 2018 12.07:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2180628]Is it? Macclesfield finished roughly midtable before winning the league, people are talking about Salford winning the league just promoted, Leyton Orient ( my tip to win it) finished midtable last season, Harrogate who are flying unbeaten were just promoted, different season we had the defence sorted more or less last season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

My thoughts too.
Look at what Macclesfield did last season for any inspiration needed - sometimes the blend of players just clicks, lift off happens and there's no stopping that team - Macclesfield hardly had any players just before the season started and were many people's favourites to be relegated.

Welsh Kiwi 8th September 2018 16.14:16

Champions don't play to draw.

Champions play to win. Home and Away.

The only bad news for the darkside is we are going to keep this thread going all season.

Every time anybody clicks on Red Passion, they will see the word Champions.

Play with no Fear.

We are Wrexham :D

Willywill 8th September 2018 16.28:12

I don’t think that I am being negative, only that Kiwis turn of phrase is rather spooky and over the top. The past is no indicator to the future. I am a sales rep and have heard this motivational clap trap for 34 years. Managers words don’t motivate me - rather, paying the mortgage and feeding the kids do.
For the record, I saw my first Wxm game in 1967 and bought my first ST in1972 when the Yale Stand opened. Had one ever since. I have spent most of my adult life defending my support of WAFC to so called Prem League fans, who never go. Joined the Trust as well. I am very pro my club, but find the Kiwi chat, very patronising. A great result today, and it had f**k all to do with Star Wars!

Welsh Kiwi 8th September 2018 16.46:46

The only way you can create positive energy in a club is to feel that everyone belongs, not to have divisions.

The alternative is darkside terminology.

If you reject a fellow lifelong wrexham fan, you are in turn rejecting Wrexham AFC.

I watched every comment on the live match thread, but kept quiet for a reason. Oh ah Paskin was the first one to change the tone to a more positive upbeat feeling.

No matter what is happening on the pitch if you call Wrexham players Brainless on a message board you are in turn calling the club you love brainless too.

We all have our own way of supporting our club.

I personally think it will be our amazing fans who will get us over the line and get us promoted as Champions. That's just my view.

The players need the fans to be champions.

We Are Wrexham.

It's our town. It belongs to all of us.

I actually watched Star Wars in Wrexham Hippodrome. So I will politely say Star Wars is a big part of Wrexham for me.

Welsh Kiwi 8th September 2018 20.20:27

Chewie is roaring

COME ON THE TOWN !!! ...

Here are your lucky numbers tonight

10 - 6 - 3 - 1 - 14 - 4 - 10 - 21

#WeAreWrexham #PlayWithNoFear

Welsh Kiwi 9th September 2018 06.46:24

Okay...So let's look at this from another angle.

I'd like to hear from all our fellow Wrexham fans who believe we won't go up as Champions.

I'd love to hear all their reasons for that...

In life when great things are about to happen there's a Tipping point, when the overwhelming evidence against something happening becomes old and out of touch with the changes that are occurring in front of your eyes ...

Champions have great captains ....

What a Great header S2P2

or is that S-3PO ?

Huffy 9th September 2018 14.57:34

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181042]Okay...So let's look at this from another angle.

I'd like to hear from all our fellow Wrexham fans who believe we won't go up as Champions.

In life when great things are about to happen there's a Tipping point, when the overwhelming evidence against something happening becomes old and out of touch with the changes that are occurring in front of your eyes ...

What a Great header S2P2

or is that S-3PO ?

#WeAreWrexham #PlayWithNoFear[/QUOTE]
Or Chewbacca?:) You have been paint spraying again Ponch??:toff:

Readred 9th September 2018 15.08:50

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181042]Okay...So let's look at this from another angle.

What a Great header S2P2

or is that S-3PO ?

Is this tongue in cheek? It honestly reads like some sort of religious fanatics propaganda 😂

Welsh Kiwi 9th September 2018 16.44:25

[QUOTE=Readred;2181119]Is this tongue in cheek? It honestly reads like some sort of religious fanatics propaganda 😂[/QUOTE]

:)

The Star Wars bit ...

a) is a bit tongue in cheek

but also...

b) 100% genuine and important

If I think of Jedi Wrexham fans on Red Passion I think of in no particular order...

Lowlife Lover
Red Badger
Atticus Finch

There are heaps more and thats just a small example.

Red Passion as a fan's voice has a big influence on the culture of our football club and a bigger impact than some fans may realise...

When the Darkside first approached our club in the mid 1980's we had been riding on the crest of a wave. The Wrexham Galaxy was a galaxy many other clubs and players feared to come to ... They knew the force was so strong in Wrexham it wouldn't be a great day out.

The darkside came to Wrexham because they wanted power, they wanted the power from the glory that had been achieved before them in 1978. But glory has to be earned. You can't buy glory. But they thought they could...

Then over a period of about 30 years the darkside continued in various guises to control, manipulate and strip the club for their own personal advantage. They had no interest in Wrexham Football Club. They didn't love Wrexham Football Club like we do...

Hence why a large group of brave Wrexham jedi's (not me... ) battled to get rid of them... My own role was to try to Protect The Racecourse ... and the power and strength of Red Passion as a collective voice and energy around the world did that. To stop others from stealing it ...

We have been in the National League for more than a decade. Every fan of Wrexham football club who is a genuine fan, wants our club to get back into the Football League. We have no entitlement to belong there, but our proud history and achievements suggest we deserve to get back there ...

The most difficult route is getting promoted through the play offs. The easiest way is getting promoted as champions. You only need 1 point more than the 2nd placed team. You don't need to win play off matches and then big Wembley show downs.

Its going to take a huge, massive effort to achieve it. And Sam and the players will need a huge massive effort from the fans to help them to do it...

Belief is a big part of that ...

Our fans have been incredible for years and years. And there are some younger fans who have only experienced pain and despair and do not know what it feels like to support a championship side. There is now an understandable fear of failure that impacts on their confidence and belief...

But that then in turn impacts on the players...

And if you read through the comments on the live match commentary v Braintree on Red Passion you will see that fear very turns quickly to frustration and anger. Calling Wrexham players or the manager 'brainless' for example. Sometimes you hear it at the match too and it's certainly going to impact negatively on the team.

It's time to put the anger aside. Leave the anger for the darkside who tried to ruin our football club and destroy it.

Think of the pain v Crystal Palace at home in 1977 and then Mansfield, think of the pain and frustration on the steps of Wembley v Newport, and again v North Ferriby and also the despair away to Hereford when we exited the football league. Think of all that pain and turn it into a positive championship force.

As fans we own our own football club. We control our own destiny.

We are the only ones who can hold ourselves back.

pagl 9th September 2018 16.48:55

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181132]We are the only ones who can hold ourselves back.

How can the fans hold the club back? Support has been superb over the last number of seasons despite some of the football on offer.

Our problems have been all about what we have put on the pitch and in that respect we are on the up at the moment.

Huffy 9th September 2018 17.48:14

You didnt need to explain to me Welsh Kiwi.
I know it was meant as a metaphor and I was just joshing

Keep up the great work mate !! :)

Lesjonno 9th September 2018 18.26:39

Star Wars, Harry Potter, Bond movies - great if you’re about ten, or a sad anorak.

Birdy 9th September 2018 18.27:29

Jeez I have read some happer clapper clap trap in my time but this takes the biscuit!

Alan Attack 9th September 2018 18.54:27

[QUOTE=Birdy;2181151]Jeez I have read some happer clapper clap trap in my time but this takes the biscuit![/QUOTE]

Nice.

Huffy 9th September 2018 18.54:53

[QUOTE=Birdy;2181151]Jeez I have read some happer clapper clap trap in my time but this takes the biscuit![/QUOTE]

Come on Birdy- enter into the spirit ;)

International 9th September 2018 19.21:59

Is this because New Zealand has the highest number of Jedis per capita?

Welsh Kiwi 9th September 2018 19.58:01

In no particular order.

Our fans are amazing... They always have been.

But greater belief in our side will strengthen us as a club.

There are still a few doubters among us. Fear creates doubt.

Happy Clapping is darkside terminology.

It's a sign of fear.

Fear to see Wrexham become Champions... Because then you lose strength in that notion.

I've studied the All Blacks closely for 49 years. They know how to win. They expect to win. They come from a small country with a small population, but they are still the best in the world. Consistently. They do their homework. Wales is similar. Small and beautiful... and as passionate about football and rugby as the kiwis are about rugby...

I suspect the number of Jedis in NZ is similar to Wales. Populations are not that different. There are quite a few Wrexham fans in New Zealand. 11,000 miles away.

But like many others on Red Passion I was born in Wrexham Maelor... So its Wrexham in my blood, more than anything else ...

Feel the force. Forza Wrecsam.

Let's make our Town Champions again.

dixienormous 9th September 2018 20.02:32

I can’t help enjoying this thread.

Mr Wonderful 9th September 2018 21.23:24

:furious:[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181171]In no particular order.

Our fans are amazing... They always have been.

But greater belief in our side will strengthen us as a club.

There are still a few doubters among us. Fear creates doubt.

Happy Clapping is darkside terminology.

It's a sign of fear.

Fear to see Wrexham become Champions... Because then you lose strength in that notion.

I've studied the All Blacks closely for 49 years. They know how to win. They expect to win. They come from a small country with a small population, but they are still the best in the world. Consistently. They do their homework. Wales is similar. Small and beautiful... and as passionate about football and rugby as the kiwis are about rugby...

I suspect the number of Jedis in NZ is similar to Wales. Populations are not that different. There are quite a few Wrexham fans in New Zealand. 11,000 miles away.

But like many others on Red Passion I was born in Wrexham Maelor... So its Wrexham in my blood, more than anything else ...

Feel the force. Forza Wrecsam.

Let's make our Town Champions again.[/QUOTE]

Always great to read yr posts.
Really, you could make Brexit sound like a good idea !! :hurray:

Welsh Kiwi 9th September 2018 21.30:33

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2181173]I can’t help enjoying this thread.[/QUOTE]

I sense great power in you Padawan.

When Dixie McNeil boarded the team bus after beating the European cup holders Notts Forest 3-1 in the FA Cup. Clough, Shilton and all...Dixie was munching on a Melton Mowbray pork pie. The place of his birth. It had been sneaked on board by a gang of galactic smugglers... from Wrexham.

Feel the Force. Forza Wrecsam.

For the doubters among us ... Clear your mind and come over to the Lightside.

fezbob 9th September 2018 21.46:37

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2181150]Star Wars, Harry Potter, Bond movies - great if you’re about ten, or a sad anorak.[/QUOTE]

What a barrel of laughs you must be.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.40:56.