RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Champions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112528-champions.html)

andy buckley 10th February 2019 20.32:58

Re: Champions

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2230276]Or if Orient do.... Let's be honest the league is very poor this season quality wise, so no team is going to go on a 14 game winning run that's fantasy stuff.

Let's just win at Havant first and Try to build a little momentum.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

But if we win our 14 games we will have beaten Orient on
9th of March so we finish second to solihull who also won their 14 games lol

benwilliams 10th February 2019 20.35:28

14/1 5th favourites with betway if anyone fancies a flutter!

John Neals Dynasty 10th February 2019 20.53:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2230409]But if we win our 14 games we will have beaten Orient on
9th of March so we finish second to solihull who also won their 14 games lol[/QUOTE]

I've not said we are going to win 14 games and neither are Orient or Solihull, this league is wide open.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Willywill 10th February 2019 20.58:08

After watching us this season, I agree with the Bookies, that we are probably fifth best in the league. That means that there are four teams with a better chance of getting the automatic promotion. If that’s the way it turns out, we will have done better than I predicted last August.

howardrd 10th February 2019 21.36:17

No stand out team this season. No obvious title winner yet.
We have had our problems both on, and off the pitch yet we stand just one clear win off top in 3fd place.
We have a rookie manager that many, myself included, have concerns about but following 4 straight defeats under Barrow, we have hopefully had our bad run of the season, and can now go forward.
Thankfully the team delivered a win to start Yozzer's reign. Following the recent uncertainty and lack of confidence we have to look at the positives.
Now is our best chance and we must all, board, fans, owners, team and management collective believe this is our year. COYR!

dolly dagger 10th February 2019 22.30:18

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2230208]Yes we have to put the circus off the field behind us as we have no other choice at the moment, let's just say those of us who could see through the cover up will no doubt be talking about it again next time it happens.

Now onto the football, the first half as Notts says was like all the rest only worse because I think D&R recent revival must of been a blip, one of the worst teams to visit this season.

But second half BH must of said something about the passing sideways across the back then Lawlor or Pearson just hoofing it forward, not entirely their fault as the static midfield just stood around ball watching not looking for space giving them no attacking outlet.

Second half our attitude changed (was it down to BH) and we attacked more, but it didn't improve until Beavon & Rutherford came on to add some urgency,energy & enthusiasm thankfully it was one of those rare games where Beavon scores else today the chat would be different after another 0-0 draw when it should of been 4 or even 5-0 Wright missed 3 chances where it was easier to score than miss.

But the main positives were the change in attitude second half when we played at times some attractive attacking football, let's hope Bryan Hughes is as good as his word on wanting to do that.

All we need now is for him to sort through our God knows how many strikers one the books and get them firing, I would like to see Fondup given a chance in a 442 off the bench for 20mins as he does have enthusiasm and tries to make things happen even if he is raw he's still our leading scorer.

But I agree with the thread we should always aim to be Champions, just think if we had no given Barrow the job and all the mess around it we could of been well out infront.

Finally this league is there for the taking if we can improve our dreadful away form fingers crossed.

PS keep an eye on Sutton.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

There is no circus off the field - despite what the sh!t storm last week would have you believe.
It is not random that we are 4 points off the top with 15 games to go.
With the appointment of Hughes we are back to as we were under Rickets. Collective approach. The actual manager doesn't matter although picking up 6 figure compo payments is mighty fine considering that the players are not worth anything near that.
This is the best chance we have had of escaping this vortex. It is possible.

dolly dagger 10th February 2019 22.35:59

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230270]Not true. If Solihull win their 14 they’re up.[/QUOTE]

And then we don't have to face them in the play offs - every cloud etc.

GarryOggy 10th February 2019 23.06:37

Orient's title to lose still. Scoring goals isn't a problem for them.

pagl 11th February 2019 06.43:53

Solihull could do this. Only added quality to their squad rather than quantity.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.31:04.