RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Champions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112528-champions.html)

John Neals Dynasty 5th September 2018 19.13:46

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2180107]Slip off the pace ? We are a point behind FFS :)[/QUOTE]

Yes but you're missing my point they are all bunching up behind us, we are inconsistent at the moment particularly at home, last season we drew to many home games simply put we are not putting a run of wins together or scoring enough still, look at newly promoted Harrogate as one example they are scoring for fun.

We need to be more clinical when on top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Cornish Taff 5th September 2018 19.56:17

Re: Champions

[QUOTE=Silvo;2180026]I'm more scared about Leyton Orient to be honest.[/QUOTE]

And their manager is Justin Edinburgh.

pagl 5th September 2018 20.01:50

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2180107]Slip off the pace ? We are a point behind FFS :)[/QUOTE]

The season is a long haul and everyone will have blips and dips.
We have enough for a play off challenge but will have to improve in Jan.

I think we have an imbalance in the squad and Sam is still shuffling the pack which is going to give some inconsistency as it depends on the specific 11 working together in that specific game.

Entertainment wise so much better than last season.

Vorporix 5th September 2018 20.13:53

[QUOTE=el poncho;2179969]This may seem like rose tinted specs, but I really do believe we are going to go up as Champions.

Believing in something is a massive part of making it happen...

I know it is going to be hard and there are always a million logical reasons against it... But anyone who has walked up Snowdon will know it looks mighty big from down below but much smaller from up top.

I think the Champions spot is going to turn out like a battle from Star Wars.

The Dark side v the Jedis.

Salford v Wrexham

And we hold the Lightsabre.

We own our club, we are not cash rich and we have a far greater history, pedigree and knowledge of how to play football the Wrexham Way. What is the Salford way exactly ? We had forgotten how to play the Wrexham Way over the years, but we are finding it again through Sam Ricketts.

The last time we did the Champions thing we had an ace Welsh manager who had played for Wales too.

It will take great courage and great mental strength, but Sam is the man to get us back up. It's the first time I have felt that in over 10 years. His ego is not bigger than his ability. His ability is bigger than his ego. A bit like Yoda.

The one thing I do think is we are not going to do it just as one team. #WeAreOneTeam

I think we are going to need a bit of 'Wrexham' in the mix too, for us to go up as Champions.

So anyone who is on social media. When you do the hashtag #WeAreOneTeam please can you also add #WeAreWrexham.

A fab little boy I know recently rubbed the happy Buddah's belly at the European Buddhist headquarters in France. There was a Wrexham AFC sticker on the car in the car park.

Let's make this happen ... Red Passion.

We protected the Racecourse, so getting us back into the Football League as Champions is easy compared to that.

2018/19 Champions. :trophy:[/QUOTE]

Hope so - placed an extra tenner on top of the normal bet this year so will pay me back for all the years I have lost my dosh!

Welsh Kiwi 5th September 2018 23.24:55

[QUOTE=pagl;2180058]Rose tinted!! Not quite sure where you see us as champions elect - maybe you have seen something more than most others.

There is a lot of improvement to be made, we need to balance out the squad better and [B]I think still need 2 key signings to consider the title. [/B]IMO.[/QUOTE]

As a kind of Dai and Dixie type equation ?

Or more Obi Wan and Luke ?

:45: :45:

pagl 6th September 2018 03.25:04

[QUOTE=el poncho;2180187]As a kind of Dai and Dixie type equation ?

Or more Obi Wan and Luke ?

:45: :45:[/QUOTE]

Well a Dixie would do nicely :)
I think Big Mike has the force but probably needs his Obi Wan to bring him through a bit. I see us as possible play off material at the moment and we have a few big games coming up to consolidate us in the top few if possible.

Here is hoping. :)

Colonel D 6th September 2018 07.02:13

My prediction pre season was 3rd and I will stick to that ,although many on here had us as 12th or below.

Red Light 6th September 2018 08.41:57

Leyton Orient and Salford City will be up there challenging.

Chesterfield already written off.

Barnet have started to pick up points.

It's a long hard season.

Welsh Kiwi 6th September 2018 09.43:45

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Wrexham Way.

I have a dream that one day this Club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its heritage: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all players who wear the club badge on their shirts have Wrexham close to their hearts .'

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Wrexham the sons of former fans and the sons of former players will be able to sit down together at the table of WAFC brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the city of Chester, a city suffering with the weight of poor and average players, with a dodgy pitch, will one day be transformed and be able to give us a decent match. That we will win 6-3.

I have a dream that our great modern team will one day play with no fear, with the swagger and shimmering red of our legendary 1978 side and they will not be judged by the number of goals they score, but by the size and audacity of their pitch-side celebration they make in front of our fans.

I have a dream today.

National League Champions 2018/19

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.43:47.