RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Champions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112528-champions.html)

RHYLRED 10th September 2018 05.06:23

Re: Champions

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2181154]Nice.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there, I don't think he's in our CLUB.

Welsh Kiwi 10th September 2018 06.11:37

I've just been looking through some old private messages on Red Passion...

'The Force will be with you. Always. Look at Seaman's white gloves' - Mickey Wan Thomas

'I find their lack of faith disturbing. I've beaten them three times already ' - King Karl Obi

'Help me, Lowlife Lover. You’re my only hope. We have to Protect The Racecourse.' - El P

'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. Another year in the National League. I sense much fear in you Birdy. Come over to the Lightside.' - Dai Floats Solo

'If you define yourself by your power to be a superfan, your desire to dominate, to possess your club, then you have nothing. Feel the force and energy around you. We are Wrexham. We score, unlike Chester... ' - Gary Obi Wan Bennett

'I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness Ssom. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.' - El P

'The Sith took everything from us. Ripped our Rockin Robin from our club's arms, murdered our proud football league record, used our ground as a weapon, stripped away our assets and then cast us aside.' - Tommy Bamfwalker

'Oh, my dear friend Red Badger. How I’ve missed you. And your stand up comedy' - El P

'A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack ' - Joey Skywalker Jones

'Judge me by my size, do you?' - Brian Yoda Flinn

'Always pass on what you have learned.' - Mel Suttonobi

'Control, control, you must learn control! And how to lob.' - Bobby R2 Shinner D2

'Do or Do Not. There is no Try. That is Only in Rugby.' - Billy AshBacca

techender 10th September 2018 06.48:49

Are you that guy who chases the pigeons on Llwyn Isaf?

Ooh aah Paskin 10th September 2018 08.55:13

I applaud the OP optimism and belief, but trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking is a bit much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you personally feel its wrong or right. if someone wants to moan on the live thread, they can.

Personally, I am hopeful about this season as I have seen good things in the games I have been to, but conversely I have also seen areas where we haven't changed, and I feel we need to if we are to get promoted.

We are certainly good enough to be champions if we stick with it, but I'm not convinced we will be (yet). I'm afraid until it happens I will continue to enjoy our form but temper it with caution not to get too confident as unfortunately we have seen false dawns before.

Welsh Kiwi 10th September 2018 11.37:05

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2181210]I applaud the OP optimism and belief, but trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking is a bit much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you personally feel its wrong or right. if someone wants to moan on the live thread, they can.

Personally, I am hopeful about this season as I have seen good things in the games I have been to, but conversely I have also seen areas where we haven't changed, and I feel we need to if we are to get promoted.

We are certainly good enough to be champions if we stick with it, but I'm not convinced we will be (yet). I'm afraid until it happens I will continue to enjoy our form but temper it with caution not to get too confident as unfortunately we have seen false dawns before.[/QUOTE]

Thank you... Ooh Aah Paskin. I really appreciate your thoughts...

Am really not trying to convert fans. That's a bit pointless. Leopards don't change their spots.

Some Individuals will moan regardless. They have a right to do it, like all of us have a right of expression. But equally there is noting wrong in drawing attention to the damage it could be doing to our clubs future success...

Confidence will be a massive factor in the future resurrection of our club. Resurrection is an emotive word and I don't mean to bring religion into this, but football for many is like a religion and our club was dumped on by some unsavoury characters and it takes time to heal and rebuild.

If I was a player and had read the live match thread. It wouldn't inspire me to play better.

Red Passion has become over the years rather unbalanced.. The doubters and the naysayers culture born from the activity of the darkside has left some imbalance and it needs a different type of culture to get us back on track...

A culture of positive energy... And belief. That's just my personal view and there are many others who feel the same.

The thing with Champions is they quickly discover their own weakness and then resolve it. They strengthen their weakness. They also spot weakness in the opposition and exploit it with calm and guile.

Most of all they have ambition. An ambition to be champions.

I believe our current board, manager and players have the ambition inside of them to want be Champions. It's just my personal view.

And its helpful to see the word Champions on the Fans Forum. Not to be scared of it. Or fearful of it. But to embrace it. To make it come true.

Not in an arrogant or over confident way.

Take one match at a time.

But don't be scared to go up as Champions.

#PlayWithNoFear

Welsh Kiwi 11th September 2018 06.08:27

Back in the year we were last Champions I was a 9 year old kid. Those memories have stayed with me for life. That's why its so important that our young fans know what it's like to be Champions. They deserve it too..

Nothing is easy in life. Getting to the top never is. But having the ambition to get there is a powerful force.

I'm going to share an off the pitch memory ...

My dad used to help do the finances for the Centenary Club, for those who knew him, he did loads of stuff around the Club.

This also involved emptying out the Fruit machines. Once a month I think it was.. That meant counting up 50ps, 10ps, 5ps. I don't think 20ps and £1 coins were in existence back then...

There were thousands of coins to count up into little bags. So he used to ask me to come along to help him. Sometime my brother too. And my sister.

But first of all he needed to get us inside the building across the flat stage to the back kitchen behind the long bar. Some of our older fans will remember the layout.

Now the thing was and again I have no proof of this as I didn't see it, ( I was blindfolded) there was some sort of stripping activity going on. I think it was a Tuesday night. Not full monty stripping, but perhaps some top half undressing. ?

So my dad used to take his club tie off in the car-park and blind fold me and then take it off again when I got into the kitchen...

So for the person who called me a WUM :)

As you can see I've been supporting the club for a long time .... Off the pitch too :D

[SIZE="5"]Feel The Force. Forza Wrecsam[/SIZE]

borntobered 11th September 2018 06.36:43

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181232]
If I was a player and had read the live match thread. It wouldn't inspire me to play better.

[/QUOTE]

Find it very difficult to understand how a player could be reading the live match thread if he was playing??:freak::confused:

Willywill 11th September 2018 07.26:41

Borntobered - don’t be negative!

Alan Attack 11th September 2018 08.45:29

[QUOTE=borntobered;2181324]Find it very difficult to understand how a player could be reading the live match thread if he was playing??:freak::confused:[/QUOTE]

Clearly lacking vision. That’s costing us at this level.

ugarte007 11th September 2018 09.40:49

The Midichlorian count is high in Ricketts

Welsh Kiwi 11th September 2018 10.39:01

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2181339]The Midichlorian count is high in Ricketts[/QUOTE]

Padawan I sense a great force in you. [SIZE="1"](Even a bit of an extra Spanish force... )[/SIZE]

To the doubters from the darkside who haven't quite found the inner force yet.

Here's a thing.. Sometimes not every player who is signed to Wrexham plays for Wrexham. Sometimes they are sitting in the dugout, sometimes they are sitting in the stands. Every footballer in the modern generation has a mobile phone...

Sometimes they also read current or old live match threads...

Don't make the mistake of thinking Wrexham's footballers never read Red Passion to see what the fans are saying and thinking, on the biggest fans forum for Wrexham AFC ...

That would be the biggest mistake we could make.

Every Wrexham player likes to be loved.

If you look at all the players who became genuine legends for Wrexham Football Club it was because they knew the fans loved them...

Give out a bit of extra love and you might be surprised what happens.

What Goes Around Comes Around.

#WeAreWrexham

#PlayWithNoFear

Ooh aah Paskin 11th September 2018 10.54:24

Fair enough, but conversely, if a player is reading Red Passion and sees the same comments about them, should that not inspire them to improve? We might love them more if that is the case! To be honest if a player had any sense they would stay off fan forums but hey, curiosity and cats!

As for the Jedi/Sith debate, I'm staying neutral. After all they are both the same as each other!
They are both imposing their ideas onto people!

If I was living in this far flung galaxy I wouldn't want to follow the Jedi path, or the Sith path.. I'd like to go about my daily business as I am thank you! Take your galactic fisticuffs elsewhere, I'm Switzerland! ;) :)

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2018 12.46:11

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181342]Padawan I sense a great force in you. [SIZE="1"](Even a bit of an extra Spanish force... )[/SIZE]

To the doubters from the darkside who haven't quite found the inner force yet.

Here's a thing.. Sometimes not every player who is signed to Wrexham plays for Wrexham. Sometimes they are sitting in the dugout, sometimes they are sitting in the stands. Every footballer in the modern generation has a mobile phone...

Sometimes they also read current or old live match threads...

Don't make the mistake of thinking Wrexham's footballers never read Red Passion to see what the fans are saying and thinking, on the biggest fans forum for Wrexham AFC ...

That would be the biggest mistake we could make.

Every Wrexham player likes to be loved.

If you look at all the players who became genuine legends for Wrexham Football Club it was because they knew the fans loved them...

Give out a bit of extra love and you might be surprised what happens.

What Goes Around Comes Around.

#WeAreWrexham

#PlayWithNoFear[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.

Time to take a step back. Think about what you’re suggesting here. It’s total horse shit I’m afraid. Just pure fantasy.

We could all say we love every player and think they’re amazing on here every week and guess what? It would make absolutely fck all difference to performances/results.

Honestly what is this based on? Or are you taking the piss?

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2018 12.48:57

[QUOTE=fezbob;2181187]What a barrel of laughs you must be.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I’d say it’s the opposite.

Phils-an-alki 11th September 2018 12.58:18

[QUOTE=Willywill;2180520]What utter tosh! This Kiwi speaks like my previous sales managers. A little bit too much optimism, when what we need is realism. It’s great that we come to the table with great memories, but that’s all they are. Secretly, I feel that this Kiwi bloke is a friendly WUM ![/QUOTE]

Or he’s on spice.

It’s hippy clap trap that is nowhere near reality and is completely unrealistic.

KingBuxton_Forever red 11th September 2018 13.28:40

No idea what this thread is to be honest.

Welsh Kiwi 11th September 2018 14.17:05

Nothing wrong with Switzerland at all :)

I totally get that.

It's just opinion and there's no right or wrong... We all have our own ways..

Am certainly not taking the piss.

Why would I do that ?

I love our club, just like we all do.

As explained previously I feel that our fans have had to deal with a lot of sh*t in the last decade and its sometimes become the culture to direct that pain and frustration at the players.

That has been understandable at times.

But here we are 2nd in the table.

Having made a great start and still when things don't go well immediately there is a tendency to attack the players... And management.

You can see it on the RP live match thread v Braintree.

People like Sir Alex, Jock Stein and Bill Shankly were all geniuses because they brought all the fans on side. It wasn't just about the players on the pitch or their formations. It was the whole culture around the club. We also had it in 1978 with John Neal and then Arfon.

We can all build it again. Together.

If any other fans on Red Passion values this thread I will continue, and ensure the word Champions remains on RP all season, but if its not welcome and there are a greater number of objectors to it, than I will also hear that and I will stop posting on it tomorrow morning.

Having tried my best.

#WeAreWrexham #PlayWithNoFear

Bustas Nads 11th September 2018 14.27:48

jedi or darkside aside

Your point on managers getting fans onside isnt great! Man Utd fans wanted Sir Alex gone.....he was rumoured to be for the chopping block until Mark Robbins scored the goal that got them to the next round of the cup.

Whilst I agree the club/fans/player/manager all pulling together as one team would equal more success, this is earnt by results on the pitch.......fans love winning!!

RHYLRED 11th September 2018 14.29:51

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181371]Nothing wrong with Switzerland at all :)

I totally get that.

Why would I do that ?

As explained previously I feel that our fans have had to deal with a lot of sh*t in the last decade and its sometimes become the culture to direct that pain and frustration at the players.

Having made a great start and still when things don't go well immediately there is a tendency to attack the players... And management.

People like Sir Alex, Jock Stein and Bill Shankly were all geniuses because they brought all the fans on side. It wasn't just about the players on the pitch or their formations. It was the whole culture around the club. We also had it in 1978 with John Neal and then Arfon.

If any other fans on Red Passion values this thread I will continue, and ensure the word Champions remains on RP all season, but if its not welcome and there are a greater number of objectors to it, than I will also hear that and I will stop posting on it tomorrow morning.

Having tried my best.

#WeAreWrexham #PlayWithNoFear[/QUOTE]

Post what you like a far as I'm concerned, if they don't like it, don't read it. No harm being done.

Alan Attack 11th September 2018 14.30:44

See what happens when it’s only 1 game a week. Anarchy.

Ooh aah Paskin 11th September 2018 14.32:56

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181371]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair I have just re-read the live match thread and I didn't really see any extreme player bashing, just comments on what was happening. Maguire Drew got a few comments about drifting in and out of games, Fondop and Pyke got some ire regarding their silly bookings, and rightly so.

Other than that it wasn't that bad. IMO.

Certainly If a player was reading it I wouldn't think they'd be that bothered.

I will agree some live match threads can get toxic though.

The Only Way Is Up 11th September 2018 15.03:32

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181371]Nothing wrong with Switzerland at all :)

I totally get that.

Why would I do that ?

Having tried my best.

Good post, again. I can't fathom those posters who STILL show their immaturity through impatience when the league table is evidence that we are better than those teams we've beaten so far, or they are worse than us, depending on the depth of your pint pot.

People, we've won a few games - and we could lose lots more, but at this stage of the season, we're doing better than all the clubs beneath us. Enjoy it for heaven's sake! It hasn't been like this in most of the last 10 years in the NL, nor was it like this during most of our seasons in the FL!

Welsh Kiwi is right to say that those three legends brought their clubs together at every level, and what forces they became! Patience is a virtue, and as Sam Ricketts grows, so the team grows with him. They'll draw and lose games that fans expect to win - just as the three legends teams did too, but he's our best chance of rising out of this league. He seems quietly confident - and he's also realistic. How many of the frothers can be like him?

Don't attack him if we don't win every game - don't write players off when they are not skillful enough (yet) to be playing in the Prem. Don't bawl your anger and frustration when they slip up... they're humans, and as someone else said, are curious enough to read about themselves on RP.

Welsh Kiwi recognises that - and says he'll be influenced in the same way by your responses to his thread - if he feels he's not valued, he'll give up. Just as several players over recent seasons obviously decided not to bother with us - maybe because of something you said here. Welsh Kiwi has loyalty to his club - OUR club. We probably all do to a greater or lesser degree - we've been following them for years, some for much longer than others. None of our players are from Wrexham... SR isn't from Wrexham... they are at matches for different reasons than the fans - even if they show pride at what they achieve.

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by abusing them. How many of our keyboard warriors would say what they write to the faces of the team members who we want to be our heroes this season?

Keep the thread going... and help build the Champions' culture.

Ooh aah Paskin 11th September 2018 15.26:52

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2181382]Good post, again. I can't fathom those posters who STILL show their immaturity through impatience when the league table is evidence that we are better than those teams we've beaten so far, or they are worse than us, depending on the depth of your pint pot.

People, we've won a few games - and we could lose lots more, but at this stage of the season, we're doing better than all the clubs beneath us. Enjoy it for heaven's sake! It hasn't been like this in most of the last 10 years in the NL, nor was it like this during most of our seasons in the FL!

Welsh Kiwi is right to say that those three legends brought their clubs together at every level, and what forces they became! Patience is a virtue, and as Sam Ricketts grows, so the team grows with him. They'll draw and lose games that fans expect to win - just as the three legends teams did too, but he's our best chance of rising out of this league. He seems quietly confident - and he's also realistic. How many of the frothers can be like him?

Don't attack him if we don't win every game - don't write players off when they are not skillful enough (yet) to be playing in the Prem. Don't bawl your anger and frustration when they slip up... they're humans, and as someone else said, are curious enough to read about themselves on RP.

Welsh Kiwi recognises that - and says he'll be influenced in the same way by your responses to his thread - if he feels he's not valued, he'll give up. Just as several players over recent seasons obviously decided not to bother with us - maybe because of something you said here. Welsh Kiwi has loyalty to his club - OUR club. We probably all do to a greater or lesser degree - we've been following them for years, some for much longer than others. None of our players are from Wrexham... SR isn't from Wrexham... they are at matches for different reasons than the fans - even if they show pride at what they achieve.

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by abusing them. How many of our keyboard warriors would say what they write to the faces of the team members who we want to be our heroes this season?

Keep the thread going... and help build the Champions' culture.[/QUOTE]

I have to say whilst I agree with some of your points I have to disagree with some too.

The league table doesn't lie, that's true. But it can also be argued that we haven't played anyone of reasonable strength and won. Halifax and Fylde are up the top but we drew. The rest we beat are down the bottom after ten games for a reason. Therefore yes, enjoy the position we are in but it needs to be tempered with realism... this month will certainly show us if we have what it takes to compete. Lets all take stock after the next few games.

Its within everyone's right s to criticise players or the team if they feel performances aren't satisfactory. Lets be honest, if you can't take any flack then maybe such a public game such as Football isn't for you. If any player is mad enough to read this forum then they should expect to see honest and candid views from fans covering the positive to the negative. And to be honest, if a player is willing to give up because of a few comments on a fans message board then perhaps they aren't the players we need. I understand negativity can be demoralising but it can also be a spur to prove people wrong. That is the sort of player we need, those that recognise their faults and work to better them or at least try. Giving up is the easy option.

As for saying anything to the Player's faces. I was disappointed that Fondop and Pyke picked up unnecessary and to be honest, petulant bookings against Braintree. And I would be happy to tell them, in a calm and rational manner, exactly why I was disappointed.

I agree that constant, unnecessary witch hunting of players is uncalled for but at the same time, sometimes negative feedback is vital to make changes and improve. I'm sure Sam rips into those he feels have let him or the team down but then moves on.

Anyway, just my opinion. I am enjoying the thread but we need to accept everyone has differing views, that doesn't make them wrong.

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2018 17.31:17

To be honest I'm not sure in what the point of this thread is, i assume it's someone living in a fantasy world with all the star wars bollocks reading it was like a fairy tale drug induced/pissed or taking the proverbial, like Star wars I gave up after the first few posts as its made no sense.

But hey if some enjoy reading his ramblings then no harm done.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ugarte007 11th September 2018 18.33:04

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2181398]To be honest I'm not sure in what the point of this thread is, i assume it's someone living in a fantasy world with all the star wars bollocks reading it was like a fairy tale drug induced/pissed or taking the proverbial, like Star wars I gave up after the first few posts as its made no sense.

But hey if some enjoy reading his ramblings then no harm done.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Star wars is not bollocks ffs

Welsh Kiwi 11th September 2018 18.43:18

Thanks for your support TOWIU

It is appreciated.. :)

Star Wars is just a bit of fun. We all need a bit of fun sometimes or life just gets too dull and boring...

When people talk of the dark days of our recent history I think of it like the darkside and how the battle for the galaxy of the Racecourse and the club was protected by the wrexham fans wielding lightsabers...

Many other clubs have been broken by the darkiside (those with ulterior motives) and are still being broken because their fans didn't do enough to save them. Wrexham fans did everything and more... That's something to feel massively proud of. I am massively grateful to each and every one of them.

We all want Wrexham AFC to go up as champions. We might not all believe it yet but believing it is a much bigger advantage than not believing it. As 'often' if you really think something is going to happen it will. Both in positive and negative circumstances.

Before we scored v Braintree I noticed a poster calling one of Wrexham players Brainless... Yeah, so what , whats the big deal. He should be able to take it. Football's a mans game. It should spur him, he should want to play better, because calling him brainless is really a decent incentive for him to do better and he will never read it anyway so it doesn't matter Etc..

Honestly. In my opinion ? And I understand others might not agree... I really don't think that culture to attack the players is going to help make our players into Champions. RP in recent years has seemed to have become a place to overly attack players and managers..

Somethings are justified but the balance has become unbalanced. This thread is hoping to readdress that balance. Thats the point of it JND and to get the word Champions to feel familiar again. Because 40 years is a long time.

The thing with Red Passion is it has become a much more powerful influence than many people realise. Its become the voice of the fans of Wrexham AFC. By the sheer number of posters alone..Thats why the media read RP to see whats going on...

On Ferguson yes they (the board) wanted him out before Mark Robbins scored that goal, but the fans did'nt want him out when he was lifting the Champions League or Premier League titles... The Glazier situation is a different conversation.

And yes this isn't about Liverpool or United or Celtic, this is about Wrexham AFC. The greatest club in the land in my eyes and also in thousands of other fans eyes around the world.

I really think we have one of the most passionate fan bases in the world. And that is a massive advantage to our club ...

At some stage we have to stop the culture of attacking from within our club and start to attack the opposition with the same energy...

Then we will be the club we were when we last became Champions.

#PlayWithNoFear #WeAreWrexham

pagl 11th September 2018 18.44:42

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2181403]Star wars is not bollocks ffs[/QUOTE]

Of course its not - its real :) and there are real Jedis out there able to move objects with the force and fighting evil with light sabres.

Whilst I really enjoy the films and the franchise its not going to get us promoted ha ha.

Birdy 11th September 2018 19.28:59

Someone has too much time on there hands!

dolly dagger 11th September 2018 20.08:13

Mate. There's no darkside at Wrexham.

Have you seen the size of our floodlights?

Cenotaff 11th September 2018 20.27:19

People don't understand the thread, or like the content yet keep coming back in to read it. Sense it makes no.

John Neals Dynasty 11th September 2018 21.06:46

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2181423]People don't understand the thread, or like the content yet keep coming back in to read it. Sense it makes no.[/QUOTE]

Well the title of the thread is Champions sorry it's misleading if it's going to be talking in riddles, as for Star Wars the original series of films were fine in the mid to late 70s. But the latest lot of films imho is just the same old stories being retold in the future. But enough of that I do get what Kiwi is trying to do and I've no probs with the positivity, but after last season I'm not getting carried away, a few defeats on the bounce & we could end up mid to lower table end of this month we will have a better idea if it's looking really positive after trips to Sutton and Harrogate not forgetting our average home form with Ebbsfleet due on Saturday.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Willywill 11th September 2018 22.49:21

Cutting all the long winded crap, Kiwi is just saying that us fans stating that certain players have performed poorly, is counter productive. I am sorry, but I cannot go along with that. RP will become a platform where only “nice things” are said!

Welsh Kiwi 12th September 2018 05.42:41

When we were last Champions the internet wasn't around.

We had the Evening Leader and Wrexham leader and Shropshire star and Daily Post and journos like Dave Lovett and Les Chamberlain and more ...

The fans didn't really have a voice back then. Apart from the letters they wrote in to the papers, which were published depending upon the views of editors like Reg Herbert etc.

The only other way for the fans to express their views about the club was either in the club programme (which was edited by the club) or on match direct towards the players and management.

All this is part of football. Expressing yourself. Letting the players, manager and board know exactly how you feel. The desire to influence change in the club and to see their voice being heard. An important voice as fans of the club... For some if its been an especially difficult week then its a good chance to release their frustration and vent. Or to sing and dance their way into a happier place.

The internet and Red Passion has changed everything. Changed the landscape of football. The digital screen. The collective voice. Thousands of Wrexham fans all connected around the world. It's a very powerful thing when the energy is all channelled in the same direction.

I have seen collective energy on RP with everyone pulling in the same direction a few times. And its achieved amazing things. The last one I remember well courtesy of my previous digital incarnation El Poncho was the Protect The Racecourse Campaign. Where everyone got on board... apart from Highness Ssom who refused to sign it.

I believe and I appreciate others may not agree... That the difficulties our club has faced in the last 15 years. Brought about by people who had no interest in our club (other than its assets) has created a culture of unbalanced negativity in some quarters. The effect of that darkside period has impacted our club culture. With a fear to believe we can rebuild our great club to its previous glory and remember what real success felt like.

So this thread is here to help anyone who reads Red Passion to see that our club is on the way back... As Champions.

That we have a club owned by the fans.

Champion fans.

Who are a truly great set of champion fans. With thousands of Jedis among us. The old skool variety.

That makes us incredibly unique as a football club.

And we really can make people 'sit up and notice'. Again...

That was the turn of phrase Peter Robinson the old secretary of Liverpool used to describe Wrexham AFC when Liverpool were Champions of Europe in 1978.

Before the match at the Racecourse Peter said to Obi Wan

"Obi I am incredibly jealous of Wrexham Football Club, you a beating people for fun, people you have no right to beat considering your size and position as a third division club, but we have so pressure on our shoulders as European Cup holders."

[SIZE="5"]Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam[/SIZE]

#WeAreWrexham #PlayWithNoFear

wafc1926 12th September 2018 06.19:53

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181432]When we were last Champions the internet wasn't around.

We had the Evening Leader and Wrexham leader and Shropshire star and Daily Post and journos like Dave Lovett and Les Chamberlain and more ...

The fans didn't really have a voice back then. Apart from the letters they wrote in to the papers, which were published depending upon the views of editors like Reg Herbert etc.

The only other way for the fans to express their views about the club was either in the club programme (which was edited by the Club)

Sorry Welsh Kiwi but this is nonsense. Fans always had a voice back then , primarily through the Supporters Association who were involved closely with the Club via Fundraising , Programme Production , Catering , etc etc. By the early 80's , with the active co-operation and encouragement of Commercial Manager Reg Slater, we ran the Centre Spot Shop, Away Travel , Junior Reds, 500 Club Draw as well as those areas previously in our care. Reg , meanwhile , was free to concentrate on his main commercial duties including the Club Lottery which brought in a small fortune. You will also be aware of the Centenary Club committee , made up of local businessmen and professionals, which worked tirelessly to raise money and were largely responsible for getting the Yale Stand built.
As for getting views across in the local papers ....I never had a problem! They ...Reg Herbert, Dave Lovett, Les Chamberlain , Ron Chaloner, and now Nick Harrison ...were always receptive to constructive criticism .When I first met my wife she thought my name was Controversial Dave Davies, having seen me described as such in the Leader!!
It appears fashionable these days to pretend the Fans movement at Wrexham started with the formation of WST in 2001 and that previously we only had the dark days. I , like many other Reds , believe in Fans Ownership but also believe we should respect those who have served the Club well in the past. Re-writing history to suit a philosophy is both wrong and dangerous.
Respectfully yours
Dave

Welsh Kiwi 12th September 2018 06.46:31

Thanks Dave,

And from my perspective I don't think your speaking nonsense :)

I think you are perhaps slightly missing the point. The digital age brings a very different voice. A voice that someone sitting in Melbourne can hear at the same time as someone in the Centenary club.

Its a powerful thing. Which makes it important to use effectively.

Reg was a great friend. I was also a great friend of his youngest son Jamie. Who was a fab footballer. I remember the look of pride in Reg's face the time Jamie run out onto the Racecourse as a substitute and made his first appearance for the club. I had sat alongside Jamie for 10 years as kids. So it felt quite emotional for me too. And he so nearly scored within two minutes with his first touch.

I certainly don't think the fans movement started with the formation of the WST. That would be a ridiculous suggestion in my eyes. It started the day the first fan watched a match of Wrexham AFC. 150 years ago... So please don't think I am rewriting history. Am really not sure where you have seen that in my posts or why you are insinuating that !

Actually by complete coincidence I have an old photograph on my desk with both you and I in it. Two supporters coaches parked alongside each other. When we played Bristol City away in the FA CUP 4-4 in 1978. A cracker of a game. I am about 9 and you look about 33'ish. :)

Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam

BillEBadass 12th September 2018 06.51:30

Welsh Kiwi - I AM YOUR FATHER.

wafc1926 12th September 2018 07.04:26

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181436]Thanks Dave,

And from my perspective I don't think your speaking nonsense :)

I think you are perhaps slightly missing the point. The digital age brings a very different voice. A voice that someone sitting in Melbourne can hear at the same time as someone in the Centenary club.

Its a powerful thing. Which makes it important to use effectively.

Reg was a great friend. I was also a great friend of his youngest son Jamie. Who was a fab footballer. I remember the look of pride in Reg's face the time Jamie run out onto the Racecourse as a substitute and made his first appearance for the club. I had sat alongside Jamie for 10 years as kids. So it felt quite emotional for me too. And he so nearly scored within two minutes with his first touch.

I certainly don't think the fans movement started with the formation of the WST. That would be a ridiculous suggestion in my eyes. It started the day the first fan watched a match of Wrexham AFC. 150 years ago... So please don't think I am rewriting history. Am really not sure where you have seen that in my posts or why you are insinuating that !

Actually by complete coincidence I have an old photograph on my desk with both you and I in it. Two supporters coaches parked alongside each other. When we played Bristol City away in the FA CUP 4-4 in 1978. A cracker of a game. I am about 9 and you look about 33'ish. :) QUOTE

Thank you. Agree with your self-evident assertion that the internet makes it easier to communicate. Involvement is somewhat different though, hence the
"keyboard warrior" tag which is given to some on here.
Remember the Bristol City game well. I was 33 at the time!

Zipper 12th September 2018 07.30:44

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2181432]When we were last Champions the internet wasn't around.

The only other way for the fans to express their views about the club was either in the club programme (which was edited by the club) or on match direct towards the players and management.

All this is part of football. Expressing yourself. Letting the players, manager and board know exactly how you feel. The desire to influence change in the club and to see their voice being heard. An important voice as fans of the club... For some if its been an especially difficult week then its a good chance to release their frustration and vent. Or to sing and dance their way into a happier place.

The internet and Red Passion has changed everything. Changed the landscape of football. The digital screen. The collective voice. Thousands of Wrexham fans all connected around the world. It's a very powerful thing when the energy is all channelled in the same direction.

I have seen collective energy on RP with everyone pulling in the same direction a few times. And its achieved amazing things. The last one I remember well courtesy of my previous digital incarnation El Poncho was the Protect The Racecourse Campaign. Where everyone got on board... apart from Highness Ssom who refused to sign it.

I believe and I appreciate others may not agree... That the difficulties our club has faced in the last 15 years. Brought about by people who had no interest in our club (other than its assets) has created a culture of unbalanced negativity in some quarters. The effect of that darkside period has impacted our club culture. With a fear to believe we can rebuild our great club to its previous glory and remember what real success felt like.

So this thread is here to help anyone who reads Red Passion to see that our club is on the way back... As Champions.

That we have a club owned by the fans.

Champion fans.

Who are a truly great set of champion fans. With thousands of Jedis among us. The old skool variety.

That makes us incredibly unique as a football club.

And we really can make people 'sit up and notice'. Again...

That was the turn of phrase Peter Robinson the old secretary of Liverpool used to describe Wrexham AFC when Liverpool were Champions of Europe in 1978.

Before the match at the Racecourse Peter said to Obi Wan

"Obi I am incredibly jealous of Wrexham Football Club, you a beating people for fun, people you have no right to beat considering your size and position as a third division club, but we have so pressure on our shoulders as European Cup holders."

[SIZE="5"]Feel The Force

Forza Wrecsam[/SIZE]

Summary

Willywill 12th September 2018 07.50:18

So, if I tell all I encounter today that Wrexham ARE going up as Champions this season, then it is bound to happen (positive thinking etc)! In an evangelical way, of course. Wont they be looking for a secure unit for me?
The positivity we need is just from the playing squad, surely. If the fans had the powers of Uri Geller, we could sort this out, but we do not. Us voicing our opinions about our club/team (positively or negatively) is NOT going to influence what happens on the pitch in the future.
Kiwi, you are the King of the happy clappers.

BillEBadass 12th September 2018 08.07:47

Good luck comes and goes like waves on a beach - your precious sand castle may survive the odd one or two but, make no mistake, the sea will have it in the end.

Our team from manager to bench is far superior to last year. We are playing better football and the results are tremendous. I obviously hope this continues till April but to get back to the waves, there are a couple definitely headed our way. A team with proven and in form goal scorers will give us a hiding at some point as we have been very lucky playing mostly against very poor strikers. (Taking nothing away from our goalie who has been excellent) In common with last year we are not scoring enough goals.

Can 'lucky Sam' and his star troopers win the league? We have as good a chance as a few and better than most -COYR

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.33:20.