Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th September 2018, 20.13:53   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Vorporix's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
This may seem like rose tinted specs, but I really do believe we are going to go up as Champions.

Believing in something is a massive part of making it happen...

I know it is going to be hard and there are always a million logical reasons against it... But anyone who has walked up Snowdon will know it looks mighty big from down below but much smaller from up top.

I think the Champions spot is going to turn out like a battle from Star Wars.

The Dark side v the Jedis.

Salford v Wrexham

And we hold the Lightsabre.

We own our club, we are not cash rich and we have a far greater history, pedigree and knowledge of how to play football the Wrexham Way. What is the Salford way exactly ? We had forgotten how to play the Wrexham Way over the years, but we are finding it again through Sam Ricketts.

The last time we did the Champions thing we had an ace Welsh manager who had played for Wales too.

It will take great courage and great mental strength, but Sam is the man to get us back up. It's the first time I have felt that in over 10 years. His ego is not bigger than his ability. His ability is bigger than his ego. A bit like Yoda.

The one thing I do think is we are not going to do it just as one team. #WeAreOneTeam

I think we are going to need a bit of 'Wrexham' in the mix too, for us to go up as Champions.

So anyone who is on social media. When you do the hashtag #WeAreOneTeam please can you also add #WeAreWrexham.

A fab little boy I know recently rubbed the happy Buddah's belly at the European Buddhist headquarters in France. There was a Wrexham AFC sticker on the car in the car park.

Let's make this happen ... Red Passion.

We protected the Racecourse, so getting us back into the Football League as Champions is easy compared to that.

2018/19 Champions.
Hope so - placed an extra tenner on top of the normal bet this year so will pay me back for all the years I have lost my dosh!
Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 23.24:55   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End
Real Name: Toby
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Rose tinted!! Not quite sure where you see us as champions elect - maybe you have seen something more than most others.

There is a lot of improvement to be made, we need to balance out the squad better and I think still need 2 key signings to consider the title. IMO.

As a kind of Dai and Dixie type equation ?

Or more Obi Wan and Luke ?

__________________
One of The Thousands Of Owners of Wrexham A.F.C...
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 03.25:04   #33-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
As a kind of Dai and Dixie type equation ?

Or more Obi Wan and Luke ?

Well a Dixie would do nicely
I think Big Mike has the force but probably needs his Obi Wan to bring him through a bit. I see us as possible play off material at the moment and we have a few big games coming up to consolidate us in the top few if possible.

Here is hoping.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 07.02:13   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Colonel D's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand
Real Name: Colin
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

My prediction pre season was 3rd and I will stick to that ,although many on here had us as 12th or below.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 08.41:57   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Leyton Orient and Salford City will be up there challenging.

Chesterfield already written off.

Barnet have started to pick up points.

It's a long hard season.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 09.43:45   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End
Real Name: Toby
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Wrexham Way.

I have a dream that one day this Club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its heritage: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all players who wear the club badge on their shirts have Wrexham close to their hearts .'

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Wrexham the sons of former fans and the sons of former players will be able to sit down together at the table of WAFC brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the city of Chester, a city suffering with the weight of poor and average players, with a dodgy pitch, will one day be transformed and be able to give us a decent match. That we will win 6-3.

I have a dream that our great modern team will one day play with no fear, with the swagger and shimmering red of our legendary 1978 side and they will not be judged by the number of goals they score, but by the size and audacity of their pitch-side celebration they make in front of our fans.

I have a dream today.

National League Champions 2018/19
__________________
One of The Thousands Of Owners of Wrexham A.F.C...
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 10.07:44   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumpadinks a RED View Post
But Yoda and the Jedi were focused on the war and not the real enemy then the real enemy showed it's face. So if we focus on Salford who will take their cloak and hood off and be unmasked as the real opponents?
Old Man McDonald from the fun fair.

And he will get away with it if us pesky kids don't do something....
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 10.20:42   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
Chief's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot
Real Name: Seymour Butt
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
This may seem like rose tinted specs, but I really do believe we are going to go up as Champions.

Believing in something is a massive part of making it happen...

I know it is going to be hard and there are always a million logical reasons against it... But anyone who has walked up Snowdon will know it looks mighty big from down below but much smaller from up top.

I think the Champions spot is going to turn out like a battle from Star Wars.

The Dark side v the Jedis.

Salford v Wrexham

And we hold the Lightsabre.

We own our club, we are not cash rich and we have a far greater history, pedigree and knowledge of how to play football the Wrexham Way. What is the Salford way exactly ? We had forgotten how to play the Wrexham Way over the years, but we are finding it again through Sam Ricketts.

The last time we did the Champions thing we had an ace Welsh manager who had played for Wales too.

It will take great courage and great mental strength, but Sam is the man to get us back up. It's the first time I have felt that in over 10 years. His ego is not bigger than his ability. His ability is bigger than his ego. A bit like Yoda.

The one thing I do think is we are not going to do it just as one team. #WeAreOneTeam

I think we are going to need a bit of 'Wrexham' in the mix too, for us to go up as Champions.

So anyone who is on social media. When you do the hashtag #WeAreOneTeam please can you also add #WeAreWrexham.

A fab little boy I know recently rubbed the happy Buddah's belly at the European Buddhist headquarters in France. There was a Wrexham AFC sticker on the car in the car park.

Let's make this happen ... Red Passion.

We protected the Racecourse, so getting us back into the Football League as Champions is easy compared to that.

2018/19 Champions.
Oh God
__________________
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." - RON ATKINSON
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 10.22:00   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
Chief's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot
Real Name: Seymour Butt
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Wrexham Way.

I have a dream that one day this Club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its heritage: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all players who wear the club badge on their shirts have Wrexham close to their hearts .'

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Wrexham the sons of former fans and the sons of former players will be able to sit down together at the table of WAFC brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the city of Chester, a city suffering with the weight of poor and average players, with a dodgy pitch, will one day be transformed and be able to give us a decent match. That we will win 6-3.

I have a dream that our great modern team will one day play with no fear, with the swagger and shimmering red of our legendary 1978 side and they will not be judged by the number of goals they score, but by the size and audacity of their pitch-side celebration they make in front of our fans.

I have a dream today.

National League Champions 2018/19
That's much better Martin
__________________
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." - RON ATKINSON
Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2018, 10.35:50   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Up floodlights at Town End
Real Name: Toby
Twitter: @





Default Re: Champions

Oh Ho Ho its magic...

you know...

Never believe

it's not so.....

Its magic...

you know....

Never believe it's not so...

Lazy day in bed.
__________________
One of The Thousands Of Owners of Wrexham A.F.C...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.53:54.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12