Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2018, 21.23:24   #118-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
In no particular order.

Our fans are amazing... They always have been.

But greater belief in our side will strengthen us as a club.

There are still a few doubters among us. Fear creates doubt.

Happy Clapping is darkside terminology.

It's a sign of fear.

Fear to see Wrexham become Champions... Because then you lose strength in that notion.

I've studied the All Blacks closely for 49 years. They know how to win. They expect to win. They come from a small country with a small population, but they are still the best in the world. Consistently. They do their homework. Wales is similar. Small and beautiful... and as passionate about football and rugby as the kiwis are about rugby...

I suspect the number of Jedis in NZ is similar to Wales. Populations are not that different. There are quite a few Wrexham fans in New Zealand. 11,000 miles away.

But like many others on Red Passion I was born in Wrexham Maelor... So its Wrexham in my blood, more than anything else ...

Feel the force. Forza Wrecsam.

Let's make our Town Champions again.
Always great to read yr posts.
Really, you could make Brexit sound like a good idea !!
Old 9th September 2018, 21.30:33   #119-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I can’t help enjoying this thread.
I sense great power in you Padawan.

When Dixie McNeil boarded the team bus after beating the European cup holders Notts Forest 3-1 in the FA Cup. Clough, Shilton and all...Dixie was munching on a Melton Mowbray pork pie. The place of his birth. It had been sneaked on board by a gang of galactic smugglers... from Wrexham.

Feel the Force. Forza Wrecsam.

For the doubters among us ... Clear your mind and come over to the Lightside.
Old 9th September 2018, 21.46:37   #120-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesjonno View Post
Star Wars, Harry Potter, Bond movies - great if you’re about ten, or a sad anorak.
What a barrel of laughs you must be.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th September 2018, 05.06:23   #121-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Nice.
I see what you did there, I don't think he's in our CLUB.
Old 10th September 2018, 06.11:37   #122-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

I've just been looking through some old private messages on Red Passion...

'The Force will be with you. Always. Look at Seaman's white gloves' - Mickey Wan Thomas

'I find their lack of faith disturbing. I've beaten them three times already ' - King Karl Obi

'Help me, Lowlife Lover. You’re my only hope. We have to Protect The Racecourse.' - El P

'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. Another year in the National League. I sense much fear in you Birdy. Come over to the Lightside.' - Dai Floats Solo

'If you define yourself by your power to be a superfan, your desire to dominate, to possess your club, then you have nothing. Feel the force and energy around you. We are Wrexham. We score, unlike Chester... ' - Gary Obi Wan Bennett

'I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness Ssom. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.' - El P

'The Sith took everything from us. Ripped our Rockin Robin from our club's arms, murdered our proud football league record, used our ground as a weapon, stripped away our assets and then cast us aside.' - Tommy Bamfwalker

'Oh, my dear friend Red Badger. How I’ve missed you. And your stand up comedy' - El P

'A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack ' - Joey Skywalker Jones

'Judge me by my size, do you?' - Brian Yoda Flinn

'Always pass on what you have learned.' - Mel Suttonobi

'Control, control, you must learn control! And how to lob.' - Bobby R2 Shinner D2

'Do or Do Not. There is no Try. That is Only in Rugby.' - Billy AshBacca
Old 10th September 2018, 06.48:49   #123-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Are you that guy who chases the pigeons on Llwyn Isaf?
Old 10th September 2018, 08.55:13   #124-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I applaud the OP optimism and belief, but trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking is a bit much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you personally feel its wrong or right. if someone wants to moan on the live thread, they can.

Personally, I am hopeful about this season as I have seen good things in the games I have been to, but conversely I have also seen areas where we haven't changed, and I feel we need to if we are to get promoted.

We are certainly good enough to be champions if we stick with it, but I'm not convinced we will be (yet). I'm afraid until it happens I will continue to enjoy our form but temper it with caution not to get too confident as unfortunately we have seen false dawns before.
Old 10th September 2018, 11.37:05   #125-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I applaud the OP optimism and belief, but trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking is a bit much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you personally feel its wrong or right. if someone wants to moan on the live thread, they can.

Personally, I am hopeful about this season as I have seen good things in the games I have been to, but conversely I have also seen areas where we haven't changed, and I feel we need to if we are to get promoted.

We are certainly good enough to be champions if we stick with it, but I'm not convinced we will be (yet). I'm afraid until it happens I will continue to enjoy our form but temper it with caution not to get too confident as unfortunately we have seen false dawns before.
Thank you... Ooh Aah Paskin. I really appreciate your thoughts...

Am really not trying to convert fans. That's a bit pointless. Leopards don't change their spots.

Some Individuals will moan regardless. They have a right to do it, like all of us have a right of expression. But equally there is noting wrong in drawing attention to the damage it could be doing to our clubs future success...

Confidence will be a massive factor in the future resurrection of our club. Resurrection is an emotive word and I don't mean to bring religion into this, but football for many is like a religion and our club was dumped on by some unsavoury characters and it takes time to heal and rebuild.

If I was a player and had read the live match thread. It wouldn't inspire me to play better.

Red Passion has become over the years rather unbalanced.. The doubters and the naysayers culture born from the activity of the darkside has left some imbalance and it needs a different type of culture to get us back on track...

A culture of positive energy... And belief. That's just my personal view and there are many others who feel the same.

The thing with Champions is they quickly discover their own weakness and then resolve it. They strengthen their weakness. They also spot weakness in the opposition and exploit it with calm and guile.

Most of all they have ambition. An ambition to be champions.

I believe our current board, manager and players have the ambition inside of them to want be Champions. It's just my personal view.

And its helpful to see the word Champions on the Fans Forum. Not to be scared of it. Or fearful of it. But to embrace it. To make it come true.

Not in an arrogant or over confident way.

Take one match at a time.

But don't be scared to go up as Champions.

#PlayWithNoFear
Old 11th September 2018, 06.08:27   #126-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Back in the year we were last Champions I was a 9 year old kid. Those memories have stayed with me for life. That's why its so important that our young fans know what it's like to be Champions. They deserve it too..

Nothing is easy in life. Getting to the top never is. But having the ambition to get there is a powerful force.

I'm going to share an off the pitch memory ...

My dad used to help do the finances for the Centenary Club, for those who knew him, he did loads of stuff around the Club.

This also involved emptying out the Fruit machines. Once a month I think it was.. That meant counting up 50ps, 10ps, 5ps. I don't think 20ps and £1 coins were in existence back then...

There were thousands of coins to count up into little bags. So he used to ask me to come along to help him. Sometime my brother too. And my sister.

But first of all he needed to get us inside the building across the flat stage to the back kitchen behind the long bar. Some of our older fans will remember the layout.

Now the thing was and again I have no proof of this as I didn't see it, ( I was blindfolded) there was some sort of stripping activity going on. I think it was a Tuesday night. Not full monty stripping, but perhaps some top half undressing. ?

So my dad used to take his club tie off in the car-park and blind fold me and then take it off again when I got into the kitchen...

So for the person who called me a WUM

As you can see I've been supporting the club for a long time .... Off the pitch too

Feel The Force. Forza Wrecsam

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.51:31.