Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th September 2018, 15.25:24   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Brandon Burrows

Ex-Wrexham Academy graduate Brandon Burrows joins Flint.

The latest addition to Niall McGuinness' squad is 18 year old Brandon Burrows.
Brandon was previously a graduate of Wrexham's Academy, and made his debut for the senior side last season. The talented youngster is also a member of the Welsh U19 squad, and featured for the side most recently in March out in Croatia.

He has been on a 4 week trial at Cardiff City but felt he needed to be playing competitive football at men's level week in week out, to further his development. Burrows is a ball playing central midfielder who can unlock teams with his excellent passing range.
Flint manager Niall McGuinness had this to say of his latest signing : "Myself and Aden were in contact with Brandon pre-season and have been monitoring developments, and we are delighted to finally be able to bring him in . For me, this type of signing shows that, as a club, we are doing things right, as he have managed to beat off a number of other teams both in our league and indeed in the WPL, who were chasing his signature. As a management team we believe we can help Brandon develop, and get the best out of him to help push the team to the next level, as we continue to try and drive the club forward."
Brandon gave us his reaction on signing. He said, "I am looking forward to getting started at Flint Town. The opportunity to play men's football will bring maturity to my game and allow me to be the player I know I'm capable of becoming. The hard work starts right now, and I'm hoping I can show the management and fans my ability as soon as I can, hopefully with an appearance against Porthmadog on Saturday. I can't wait to pull on the Flint Town shirt and start working under Niall, Aden, Timmy and Johnny."

Welcome to the club Brandon.

Ex-Wrexham Academy graduate Brandon Burrows joins Flint - News - Flint Town United Football Club

So what exactly is happening with the CoE that we don't already know, another nail in the coffin.

This lad along with Matty Sargent (?) are the only two I can recall even getting into the Wales age grade sides in recent years, yet he's off to Flint Town to play men's football. He must have something about him to have had a trial at Cardiff City for a month and by the sounds of it turn down an offer. He was also highly rated by the club.

Even if you say 'he couldn't have been good enough look at who he plays for', it just highlights what a mess the CoE is in at the minute and not all of it due to a lack of funding and more due to a lack of will and defeatism. I recall our CoE having the most lads in the squads of all the other teams who's lads were selected, how the mighty have fallen.

Is it time we looked at partnerships with clubs like Flint Town to get these lads loan moves? Or perhaps a reserve team mixed with such lads and those younger still who've been training/playing well coupled with the first team squad for those needing minutes?

At the minute it's not looking good with lads leaving in the search of men's football (securing trials at clubs higher up the pyramid), something that's preached to the Welsh lads to get no matter the level. If they play well enough they'll still be selected, Osian Roberts has been pushing this for years now. Most likely why Burrows has gone down the route he has and if he does well he won't go unnoticed not just by the national team but also clubs higher up.

I think the time is right for a review of the CoE to get a plan together, we've taken our eyes off the ball here way to many times, with the club and fans believing the conveyor belt of talent can just be switched back on. Well you'll be in for a shock as that simply won't happen, parents will want their lads to go to clubs with the best track records and ours is abysmal at the minute.
Old 8th September 2018, 15.45:45   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Default Re: Brandon Burrows

One final point, I wish the club would stop with the PR rubbish trying to make out all is fine. The last time I made a song and dance about the now poor record on our young lads making such squads, it was decided to publish an article on the club's website about young Burrows being selected and rightly so. He has since played once more and been on the reserve list for Wales, yet no mention that I can see nor can I recall was made of him on the club's website.

Now if those in charge can stop sweeping this under the carpet with the constant use of PR and spin any political party would be proud of. Ta
Old 8th September 2018, 16.00:15   #3-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Burrows has been at Flint for about 5 games now.

He's a class above.

Thought he may be too small but he can handle mans- no doubt.

I'd be surprised if he doesnt got further in the game
Old 8th September 2018, 16.38:59   #4-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

What an odd time to make this post. Half way though the 2nd half. Especially given that he’s been there for 5 games or so.

It’s almost as if you have an agenda.
Old 8th September 2018, 17.14:03   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
What an odd time to make this post. Half way though the 2nd half. Especially given that he’s been there for 5 games or so.

Strange indeed
Old 8th September 2018, 17.14:31   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:

No, was having a read on the apostle Welsh forum and came across a post saying he'd left us for pastures new. I saw no mention of this on RP or the clubs website, just further reaffirming the club's lack of interest in the CoE. The lack of content on the CoE or these young mens achievements is frankly embarrassing. I shouldn't have to go to other sites like the excellent dragon soccer to find out if any of our own have been selected. A mention on the club's website about being selected for the national side isn't asking a lot, so fans can congratulate them rather than being clueless, never mind the boost they'd all get recieving such high praise.

Anyhow, your mind seems to be made up and you aren't open to debate on this as you think it's agenda driven rather than wanting what's best for the club and these young men who are on record stating they want to play men's football. Odd indeed.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 8th September 2018 at 17.17:04..
Old 8th September 2018, 17.17:07   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:

The youth set up is an issue. There’s no denying it. However, surely if this lad was the real deal, he’d be at a Welsh Premier team not a north wales regional league.

I’m not sure I could support taking a significant part of the first team budget and assigning it to the youth set up. It’s too risky and compromises our Conference status.
Old 8th September 2018, 17.21:03   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
The youth set up is an issue. There’s no denying it. However, surely if this lad was the real deal, he’d be at a Welsh Premier team not a north wales regional league.

I’m not sure I could support taking a significant part of the first team budget and assigning it to the youth set up. It’s too risky and compromises our Conference status.
Other routes are available like getting a sponsor on board. It doesn't necessarily have to come from the first team budget, from what I know it was suggested and promptly dismissed.
Old 8th September 2018, 18.03:09   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Do we need a lot of money to spend on the academy? We’re North Wales biggest club, players and coaches should be desperate to get in here. Work with Darlington, highlight the best up and coming coaches, establish a Wrexham way of playing so when they reach 18 they’re ready for the first team and the coaches will go out and find the players. Can’t afford the coaches? Send them out to primary and secondary schools in the week, parents throw money at football clubs.

We have a huge Wrexham presence in North Wales but we don’t even exploit it.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.16:15.