Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2018, 12.40:22   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Braintree Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Are we that much different to last season, really? We play the same cautious way a lot of the time and if we’re not nicking goals off set pieces we don’t look like scoring at all.
i no we are doing really well, i still havnt got that feeling of thinking we will beat these easy today ,its still a lottery for me in a sense, we ride our luck and we dont seem to get many decisions, but we keep pickin up points, we have 1 flare player JMD and good energy in midfield and back 4,short on goalscorers but you cant have everything, a definate improvement from the worst football ive ever seen anywhere
Old 9th September 2018, 12.59:19   #56-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverared View Post
How did Walker play?
Not bad but we were stronger when Akil came on. Walker is a big lad and strong on the ball but a couple of times yesterday he turned into congested areas and lost the ball. He works hard and did a lot of the spade work allowing Summerfield to pull the strings.

He didn’t set the world on fire but he can be happy with his shift. Personally I’d play Akil instead of him.
Old 9th September 2018, 14.08:30   #57-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redknight View Post
Braintree had reduced the width to.the minimum allowed.. Not first team to do that against us this season... That and not resettling the ground... Other teams are on to us and will spoil as much as they can
Well if they are cute enough to do it against us ( our commentators agreed with you ) then surely they will do it against others . Personally I can't see the point unless it fits in with their own style of play, if it does'nt, why bother ?.
Old 9th September 2018, 14.50:01   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
Well if they are cute enough to do it against us ( our commentators agreed with you ) then surely they will do it against others . Personally I can't see the point unless it fits in with their own style of play, if it does'nt, why bother ?.
our commentators , i wouldnt take much notice, one of them thought Wes Baynes was a versatile legend ffs
Old 9th September 2018, 16.00:10   #59-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Didn't realise that Walker has got 135 appearances in the football league, and he's only 22!
Old 10th September 2018, 06.46:50   #60-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Didn't realise that Walker has got 135 appearances in the football league, and he's only 22!
Was a star for Hartlepool when they were a league club.
Old 10th September 2018, 10.15:17   #61-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

A win is a win - I hoped for more goals but knew it would be tight.

As for a new striker when is Hinds ready after his injury.

We are looking like a prem U23 side with loans, gelled with a little experience like Pearson
Old 10th September 2018, 10.50:23   #62-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
What's a "wip"?
take it in the bedroom with your mrs
Old 10th September 2018, 19.46:57   #63-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Just watched the highlights on You Tube. Surprised they didn't show either of Rob Lainton's injuries in the first half, the second of which was not long before his outstretched save on 25 minutes. Also you didn't get a feel for our game management which was excellent, especially in the period after Kevin Roberts' clearance late on. Both JMD and Pyke showed a lot of maturity in the closing minutes, bringing the ball down to the corner in front of the Wrexham fans and as Shaun said in his interview made it easier for us to defend.

JMD didn't have the best of games - I don't think the uneven bounce of the pitch suited his game - but he is great at spotting opportunities like when their goalie was well off his line in the first half and Jordan lobbed him from just inside his own half. He cleared the keeper but had just a bit too much weight on it. If that shot had gone in I suspect we would have had a far easier afternoon.

This was my second visit to Braintree and I hope it is my last. My previous visit was when we lost 1-0 under Kevin Wilkin and our team that day showed no appetite for the game. What a change in this year's team. Yes, a number could have played better but you can see they all want to win. With the depth we now have in the squad and a manager who has shown he is prepared to ring the changes all the players know they need to be on top of their game. I think a couple, eg Deverdics and Holroyd, could easily be shipped out in the January window.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.44:48.