Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th September 2018, 17.48:55   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: View after 10 games

Never thought we would have 21 points after 10 games amazing start. Will definitely believe if we get 21 points from the next 10..This squad gives Sam so much choice and he keeps surprising us by bringing new players in long may it continue
Old 8th September 2018, 17.49:30   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Maybe his best 11 changes from game to game, though.
Keeps the opposition guessing to some extent, and helps keep players fit, fresh and chomping at the bit to get in the matchday squad.
Roberts wasn’t in the squad on Tuesday, but comes into the first 11 today, and does his job.
We really should be pleased about this aspect!

Maybe Carrington being out injured had something to do with that
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th September 2018, 17.53:26   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

September sees some extremely difficult away games and by the end of the month we will have a much better idea of our credentials, but we've had a good week to kick it off.
Old 8th September 2018, 17.56:52   #22-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Maybe his best 11 changes from game to game, though.
Keeps the opposition guessing to some extent, and helps keep players fit, fresh and chomping at the bit to get in the matchday squad.
Roberts wasn’t in the squad on Tuesday, but comes into the first 11 today, and does his job.
We really should be pleased about this aspect!
I disagree with the tinkerman theory. Most successful sides, especially at our level , have a regular line up and get into a groove. It’s still early and there are a lot of new players , so it’s understandable that there will be variation, but I would hope that by 15 games he knows his best 11.
Old 8th September 2018, 18.05:29   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I'm sure we'd have been happy during the summer to think we were 2nd with 21 points after 10 games.

Interesting though to see how those who were thought to be front runners are getting on

Salford 6th on 18 points
Leyton Orient 3rd on 20 points
Fylde 7th on 17 points
Chesterfield 17th on 10 points
Barnet 8th on 17 points

Any other surprises?
Dover?
.. for a lot of people Wrexham on 21 points would be a surprise.. a very pleasant surprise.
We need to push on at home. 3 points next Saturday is a must
Old 8th September 2018, 18.05:57   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Think we need a proven CF and a midfield general.

But to be second with 21 points - our best start since we've been down here - is a very good start, albeit there's still a long way to go.
Its going to be very tight at the top given the start from a few teams.
I agree that we are 2 players short of a title team in terms of a midfield general and CF. There is still not enough goals in this team especially from the midfield.

I think we have carried JMD in the last few games and I think Fondop has to knuckle down a bit in the work rate front.

Sam appears to be a tinkerer which may need a bit of luck to pay off.
I think he also needs to address this slow start to games and maybe this because of the tinkering.

I would say 7.5 out of 10 for performance and 21 out of 30 for points

Last edited by pagl; 8th September 2018 at 18.07:11..
Old 8th September 2018, 18.05:58   #25-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I disagree with the tinkerman theory. Most successful sides, especially at our level , have a regular line up and get into a groove. It’s still early and there are a lot of new players , so it’s understandable that there will be variation, but I would hope that by 15 games he knows his best 11.
Yes, I agree, he’s not a tinkerer, but not afraid to make adjustments.

I’ll quote the old chestnut.....didn’t the 77/78 team (our best ever side) do it with 15\16 players?
Something of a contradiction, but we do have a squad full of new faces.

Last edited by RemovedUser; 8th September 2018 at 18.07:32..
Old 8th September 2018, 18.35:20   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its going to be very tight at the top given the start from a few teams.
I agree that we are 2 players short of a title team in terms of a midfield general and CF. There is still not enough goals in this team especially from the midfield.

I think we have carried JMD in the last few games and I think Fondop has to knuckle down a bit in the work rate front.

Sam appears to be a tinkerer which may need a bit of luck to pay off.
I think he also needs to address this slow start to games and maybe this because of the tinkering.

I would say 7.5 out of 10 for performance and 21 out of 30 for points
Where would we be if we hadn't had cover for the various injuries we have had ?
Old 8th September 2018, 18.38:33   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Maybe SDR will buck the trend and keep his players on their toes, fresh and hungry. We may not compete with Salford for our signings in January but hopefully SDR and his staff will get more from our players. I think he will keep a stable back 4 but will rotate his attacking options especially when we play Sat/Tue/Sat. If we stay in the top 3 or 4 through autumn, teams will start work us out so we need have as many variations as we can.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.44:12.