RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tough September End (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112567-tough-september-end.html)

Leighton Red 13th September 2018 08.56:22

Tough September End

Some tough games coming up IMO before the end of the month:

Ebbsfleet (h) Saturday
Sutton (a) Saturday
Harrogate (a) Tuesday Night
Barnet (h) Saturday

Would think a solid level par would be eight points (bookended draws being my thoughts) but what do others think? At least we’ve not had a midweek fixture this week to allow for some recovery and preparation, the Sutton away Harrogate away is a bit of a trek and a tough ask so expecting to utilise our squad to help to cope with that. Sutton on Astro too and they are reknowned for being quite physical.. Good times though being second and feeling that any loss would be a bad day at the office (clearly any time we lose is bad but when you go into games expecting to get something then a loss is harder to take).

BillEBadass 13th September 2018 09.03:43

Re: Tough September End

Agreed the two away games are difficult fixtures but are there any 'easy' games in this league?

Harrogate must be a strong team to be where they are and it's never easy at Sutton.
Two points would be good, three better but we do need to take something from Harrogate.
COYR

davewilli 13th September 2018 09.35:15

We will have a much better idea of our prospects at the end of this month. This is the time of year clubs start to get in the groove and show their true form but our big test; is have we got the characters to get us points from what look like, the more difficult games on paper. Fingers crossed we have a bit more look with injuries and SDR has all his squad bar Manny available.

CRUMBS 13th September 2018 09.59:06

Sutton and Harrogate both plastic pitches too , bit of advantage there .

John Neals Dynasty 13th September 2018 10.08:12

No easy matches in this league, our away form Solihull apart has been very good our home form average to good, it's against the teams doing well also that we have struggled to beat & this must improve if we're to be contenders in April.

I agree with Davewilli the end of this hard month will give us a clearer idea of how good we are.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 13th September 2018 10.42:01

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2181566]No easy matches in this league, our away form Solihull apart has been very good our home form average to good, it's against the teams doing well also that we have struggled to beat & this must improve if we're to be contenders in April.

I agree with Davewilli the end of this hard month will give us a clearer idea of how good we are.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree with JND. No easy games and the battle on the pitch has to be won each time if we want to take the points.

When you look at the teams in the top section then anyone can really beat anyone. I thought Barnet would struggle but they have turned it around from the first 4 games. Then you look at Harrogate, Sutton, Fylde, Salford, Orient, Halifax and Hartlepool have also seen a revival so its going to be a tough top part of the table and even draws are going to be valuable points some weeks.

Sam is trying to create a gradual improvement and whilst he is still shuffling the team somewhat I think it is really upping the pressure on the players when they get a chance in the team and in reality even in the squad.

1 game at a time and lets hope that the gradual improvement sees us beating the teams at the top as well.

Home form is going to be vital.

stevewxm 13th September 2018 10.45:18

Would happily take 8 points from these four games, don't care how !!

Tom wafc 13th September 2018 11.12:02

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2181564]Sutton and Harrogate both plastic pitches too , bit of advantage there .[/QUOTE]

Not too bad considering we will have a full weeks training on it before playing Sutton, so its probably better we play both one after another to get it over with.

don1 13th September 2018 11.34:12

I predict 2 wins, 1 draw & 1 defeat out of those 4 games.

However those 7 points will still keep us above the 2 points per game average that we aspire to.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.05:37.