Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2018, 19.35:04   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: usually MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Overall Assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Rutherford -10
Summerfield- 10
Beavon -10

Iím glad Holroyd showed that heís still got it.

Squad rotation is working .

Special mention for Lawlor , big shoes to fill but he looked great.
Posted via mobile theme
Was very impressed with Holroyd's positional play especially first half when his runs off the ball stretched their defence and opened up space for the midfield to exploit.
It is great to have decent quality in depth.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.00:24   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

That first half was probably the best first half in the last 10 years, certainly since we have been in the conference.

Just goes to show how much better a manager SR is than Keates in that he can rotate players and come up with that kind of performance plus he is so more tactically astute than Keates is.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.00:50   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Great result. I went to Wycombe v Oxford as its only about 17 m from home although it would have been quicker to have gone to Wrexham. We are at least as good as both of these league one teams. We also have a better left back than Wycombe!
Old 15th September 2018, 20.01:22   #44-0 (permalink)
ABd
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I had a good feeling, even before we scored. Everyone looked up for it. Our passing was sharp and quick, all of our players looked confident and assured - helped massively by the outstanding midfield three.

I used to think Wedgebury was a good midfielder, but then you see Summerfield and Walker today - that's what a midfielder should be! Some of the little touches and forward passes by Walker were great.. he's got so much quality, just little things like the disguised passes.

Pyke is so good at running down that right channel.. he must have a few assists now as well? And as for the back-heels, he really has got that down to a tee!

Holroyd's finish was great - I think to get the best out of him you have to play him centrally.. Pyke, Beavon and JMD are more suited to the wider areas.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.21:51   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Fabulous first half display against a team unbeaten on their travels - until today.

Bold changes by Ricketts.

Movement up front and passing / interplay early on were superb - what's more every team member was buzzing with energy and pace - a different style of play with Holroyd, Pyke and Beavon all seeing a lot of the ball - fantastic support from Rutherford.
The laboured approach and slow build up / hoofball to the isolated solitary striker (Fondop) had all but gone.

However, I hope Ricketts is not completely satisfied - the second half showing was poor which we lost 1 - 0 - we need to do it for 90 minutes. Second half we seemed to ease off and let them get back into the game.

Was impressed with their right winger 11 Weston who was ripping Jennings apart who was already on a yellow - just as Ebbsfleet seemed to get some success they changed it and Weston went to the left flank where he was up against Roberts and was far less effective eventually dropping back into midfield.

Agree with earlier comments - Lawlor was immense at the back and didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon - a vast improvement on the display he put in v Halifax.

All in all the best first half display in living memory - to be crowned Champions we must strive to improve and put that same type of performance in for a full game.

Sommerfield & Lawlor tie for my MOTM although there were many excellent displays today - it all came together.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.25:19   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
Was very impressed with Holroyd's positional play especially first half when his runs off the ball stretched their defence and opened up space for the midfield to exploit.
It is great to have decent quality in depth.
Not knocking Big Mike or JM-D one bit,but the three up top today gave us so much energy,Holroyd,Beavon and Pyke are all real grafters,and I think that was influential.Big Mike and JM-D are our two potential game-changers,so maybe not a bad bench to have today.

My first real look at Walker too,and he looked very composed on the ball,picked some good passes and looks a big,strong lad.I'd say the only midfielder who's really nailed on ATM is Summerfield [who was outstanding again],Young,Wright,Ruthers and Walker are all looking good,and worthy of a place.Nice to be spoiled for choice!.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.41:16   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
My first real look at Walker too,and he looked very composed on the ball,picked some good passes and looks a big,strong lad.I'd say the only midfielder who's really nailed on ATM is Summerfield [who was outstanding again],Young,Wright,Ruthers and Walker are all looking good,and worthy of a place.Nice to be spoiled for choice!.
And to think people labelled Wedgebury as one of the best midfielders in the conference
Old 15th September 2018, 20.47:41   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

......and apparently our best start to a season since 1976 !!!
Old 15th September 2018, 20.50:19   #49-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat

We have our own Luke Skywalker at Wrexham AFC. A Midfield Jedi...

Whisper it quietly...

Champions 2018/19

#WePlayWithNoFear

#ForzaWrecsam
Old 15th September 2018, 20.50:25   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
And to think people labelled Wedgebury as one of the best midfielders in the conference
Exactly, he wouldn’t get on our bench. Kept saying last season he’s a liability and vastly overrated so him jibbing us off is our gain.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.10:45.