Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2018, 18.44:25   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Overall Assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
Walker's started to the game was a bit iffy but soon grew into a very effective part of the team. The pleasing thing for me was he never hid. You've got to give it to Sam with the rotation of the team . I Ifor one had raised eyebrows when he was appointed and he's proved me and many wrong.
With the assistance of Barrow these two could be the one's to take us to the promised land.
Exactly what I thought. Walker was poor in the first 10 mins then he got his game going. If we can keep him and summer field together and Rutherford running around them we have a top class 3 in midfield who all compliment each other. Well played Sam!

The front 3 also today were spot on....

Our only problem I can see is full backs....but they aren't the worst we have ever had.
Old 15th September 2018, 18.49:24   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Exactly what I thought. Walker was poor in the first 10 mins then he got his game going. If we can keep him and summer field together and Rutherford running around them we have a top class 3 in midfield who all compliment each other. Well played Sam!

The front 3 also today were spot on....

Our only problem I can see is full backs....but they aren't the worst we have ever had.
Both full backs did not have the best of games today, central defenders were class though
Old 15th September 2018, 18.51:13   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
Both full backs did not have the best of games today, central defenders were class though
Agreed, if we can get some top quality full backs in Jan then we will go up as champions. Jennings is the weak link, that tackle he got booked was just plain stupid what was he thinking?! Roberts lack of quality on crosses means he has to put in 3 or 4 to get one good cross in. Rest of the team outstanding.
Old 15th September 2018, 19.21:53   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Great performance all round. It's nice to have a midfield.
Old 15th September 2018, 19.35:04   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Rutherford -10
Summerfield- 10
Beavon -10

I’m glad Holroyd showed that he’s still got it.

Squad rotation is working .

Special mention for Lawlor , big shoes to fill but he looked great.
Posted via mobile theme
Was very impressed with Holroyd's positional play especially first half when his runs off the ball stretched their defence and opened up space for the midfield to exploit.
It is great to have decent quality in depth.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.00:24   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

That first half was probably the best first half in the last 10 years, certainly since we have been in the conference.

Just goes to show how much better a manager SR is than Keates in that he can rotate players and come up with that kind of performance plus he is so more tactically astute than Keates is.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.00:50   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Great result. I went to Wycombe v Oxford as its only about 17 m from home although it would have been quicker to have gone to Wrexham. We are at least as good as both of these league one teams. We also have a better left back than Wycombe!
Old 15th September 2018, 20.01:22   #44-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I had a good feeling, even before we scored. Everyone looked up for it. Our passing was sharp and quick, all of our players looked confident and assured - helped massively by the outstanding midfield three.

I used to think Wedgebury was a good midfielder, but then you see Summerfield and Walker today - that's what a midfielder should be! Some of the little touches and forward passes by Walker were great.. he's got so much quality, just little things like the disguised passes.

Pyke is so good at running down that right channel.. he must have a few assists now as well? And as for the back-heels, he really has got that down to a tee!

Holroyd's finish was great - I think to get the best out of him you have to play him centrally.. Pyke, Beavon and JMD are more suited to the wider areas.
Old 15th September 2018, 20.21:51   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Fabulous first half display against a team unbeaten on their travels - until today.

Bold changes by Ricketts.

Movement up front and passing / interplay early on were superb - what's more every team member was buzzing with energy and pace - a different style of play with Holroyd, Pyke and Beavon all seeing a lot of the ball - fantastic support from Rutherford.
The laboured approach and slow build up / hoofball to the isolated solitary striker (Fondop) had all but gone.

However, I hope Ricketts is not completely satisfied - the second half showing was poor which we lost 1 - 0 - we need to do it for 90 minutes. Second half we seemed to ease off and let them get back into the game.

Was impressed with their right winger 11 Weston who was ripping Jennings apart who was already on a yellow - just as Ebbsfleet seemed to get some success they changed it and Weston went to the left flank where he was up against Roberts and was far less effective eventually dropping back into midfield.

Agree with earlier comments - Lawlor was immense at the back and didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon - a vast improvement on the display he put in v Halifax.

All in all the best first half display in living memory - to be crowned Champions we must strive to improve and put that same type of performance in for a full game.

Sommerfield & Lawlor tie for my MOTM although there were many excellent displays today - it all came together.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.04:23.