RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ebbsfleet Overall Assessment (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112575-ebbsfleet-overall-assessment.html)

Colonel D 15th September 2018 16.59:13

Ebbsfleet Overall Assessment

Good result against a team who were blown away in the first half.
My motm was our new centre back who never put a foot wrong.

krux 15th September 2018 17.01:00

Re: Ebbsfleet Overall Assessment

Great performance, being 4-0 up by half time is the dream.

Ebbsfleet were shocking at the back and their keeper was terrible.
Kedwell was a handful.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 15th September 2018 17.05:40

Ebbsfleet started with 3 at the back and our front three and Rutherford made intelligent runs to the spaces behind the full backs . When Ebbsfleet changed to a flat back four the game changed. So not a great second half.

But some terrific performances

Bradley Walker - The real deal. Cracking player and even better than Wright

Lawlor looked even better than Manny with his distribution

Rutherford was immense

The only player not up to the quality of the others was the perennially bog standard Roberts.

WREX01 15th September 2018 17.09:12

Rutherford -10
Summerfield- 10
Beavon -10

I’m glad Holroyd showed that he’s still got it.

Squad rotation is working .

Special mention for Lawlor , big shoes to fill but he looked great.

WREX01 15th September 2018 17.09:59

[QUOTE=Foxy;2182012]Ebbsfleet started with 3 at the back and our front three and Rutherford made intelligent runs to the spaces behind the full backs . When Ebbsfleet changed to a flat back four the game changed. So not a great second half.

Rutherford was immense

The only player not up to the quality of the others was the perennially bog standard Roberts.[/QUOTE]

I’d take Roberts any day over Jennings.
But full back does seem to be our weakest area.

Colonel D 15th September 2018 17.12:36

[QUOTE=Foxy;2182012]Ebbsfleet started with 3 at the back and our front three and Rutherford made intelligent runs to the spaces behind the full backs . When Ebbsfleet changed to a flat back four the game changed. So not a great second half.

Rutherford was immense

The only player not up to the quality of the others was the perennially bog standard Roberts.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I thought Walker was our weakest midfield player.

Hawarden Red10 15th September 2018 17.12:47

[QUOTE=WREX01;2182015]I’d take Roberts any day over Jennings.
But full back does seem to be our weakest area.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Don't agree with that at all. Jenno has done well this season, not really a fan of Roberts

davewilli 15th September 2018 17.14:18

Today we saw the benefit of our stregth in depth, fresh and hungry players. Our passing and movement first half was the best for many a year, complimented by our desire to close them down quickly.

Pieman 15th September 2018 17.14:51

The movement and passing the ball on the floor was fantastic first half the best ive seen for many a year. Some great finishing too and nice to see holroyd back. Only concern is jennings with another booking and lacking pace against their wide players. Perhaps he isnt 100% fit he doesnt look fit to me. Crowd awesome as always nice to see sam clapping us all at the end

techender 15th September 2018 17.15:56

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2182016]Interesting I thought Walker was our weakest midfield player.[/QUOTE]

???????Walker had a really good game. As Foxy said, he looks the real deal. I thought he was outstanding - as did everyone sitting around me.

Alan Attack 15th September 2018 17.16:01

Loved some of the pre match comments on the LMT

krux 15th September 2018 17.17:23

[QUOTE=techender;2182020]???????Walker had a really good game. As Foxy said, he looks the real deal. I thought he was outstanding - as did everyone sitting around me.[/QUOTE]

He was excellent. Big guy with a lovely touch.

davewilli 15th September 2018 17.18:04

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2182016]Interesting I thought Walker was our weakest midfield player.[/QUOTE]

I think Walker with a few games under his belt will be a class act in this league, we will do well to keep him. The very least he will push Wright to work on those weak areas of his game.

Dougie Davies 15th September 2018 17.19:14

Walker looks a player and a half. Immense on the ball

krux 15th September 2018 17.19:23

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2182022]Loved some of the pre match comments on the LMT[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that was the highlight of the afternoon for you.

My highlight was Holroyd's opener.

panda23 15th September 2018 17.19:45

The first half was the best midfield display for a long while, Summerfield was dictating it to perfection until he got flattened by a flying elbow.

ABd 15th September 2018 17.19:47

In the sense that Summerfield was a 9, Rutherford 8.5 and Walker 8.4.. he was the weakest lol.

rob_1072 15th September 2018 17.22:16

Happy with the performance, second half drop was understandable. Pulled away from Halifax and kept the pace with everyone else.

René Higuita 15th September 2018 17.23:14

[QUOTE=ABd;2182028]In the sense that Summerfield was a 9, Rutherford 8.5 and Walker 8.4.. he was the weakest lol.[/QUOTE]

the midfield 3 were outstanding wernt they

Redordead 15th September 2018 17.23:52

Gilpins view before the match

I hope Wrexham FC know what they’re doing. That team looks shocking.

spuderz123 15th September 2018 17.24:37

2nd half was a bit of a write off after the 1st half.

The best 45 we've played since Denis Smith had us taking the piss in division 3. Every player was 8.5+, I actually felt a bit sorry for Ebbsfleet.

On we go to Sutton

EnglishRed 15th September 2018 17.30:47

[QUOTE=Redordead;2182031]Gilpins view before the match

I hope Wrexham FC know what they’re doing. That team looks shocking.[/QUOTE]

Says everything about him.

Even with the rotations the team on paper did not look shocking at all.

rob_1072 15th September 2018 17.34:23

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2182036]Says everything about him.

Even with the rotations the team on paper did not look shocking at all.[/QUOTE]

Shocking not really the word, but can you honestly say the team selection pre match didn't get a raised eyebrow for you?

marathonplny 15th September 2018 17.35:04

Walker was impressive

Great team performance

moynkeepthefaith 15th September 2018 17.37:28

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2182036]Says everything about him.

Even with the rotations the team on paper did not look shocking at all.[/QUOTE]

Well we were certainly electric :)

One of the best 45 minutes in 47 years for me. Summerfield outstanding and all the others contributed.
Second half naturally flat - Jennings roasted but hopefully because he was on a yellow .
Very pleased with Lawlor - SR’s cover signings have been top class. We are the real deal - worried about Salford but I assume they are worried about us.

Redordead 15th September 2018 17.37:38

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2182038]Shocking not really the word, but can you honestly say the team selection pre match didn't get a raised eyebrow for you?[/QUOTE]

Which part raised the eye brows?

Redsince57 15th September 2018 17.46:39

At last a game to make you believe that good times might yet be just around the corner. Although we let them back into the match in the second half the result was never in doubt. Ebbsfleet will not lose too many games this season so this result is exceptional.

rob_1072 15th September 2018 17.48:39

[QUOTE=Redordead;2182042]Which part raised the eye brows?[/QUOTE]

Personally the dropping of both MFT and JMD uptop and the benching of player of the month wright. Obviously in hindsight the moves worked but pre match I was surprised by them.

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2018 17.55:56

Excellent first-half, not just because of the 4 goals but because we actually played great football.

Second-half was good but we lost our impetus once Summerfield went off with the head wound.

Roberts looked slow and bang average.

Jennings was shocking in the second-half. Taken to the cleaners on numerous times. He is our weakest link. Sometimes I think he's the missing-link. Lucky not to get a Red card for the bad tackle.

Great 3 points, but we now have 2 very difficult away games. Ideally need to win both, but important not to lose either.:)

moynkeepthefaith 15th September 2018 18.04:26

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2182049]Excellent first-half, not just because of the 4 goals but because we actually played great football.

Second-half was good but we lost our impetus once Summerfield went off with the head wound.

Roberts looked slow and bang average.

Jennings was shocking in the second-half. Taken to the cleaners on numerous times. He is our weakest link. Sometimes I think he's the missing-link. Lucky not to get a Red card for the bad tackle.

Great 3 points, but we now have 2 very difficult away games. Ideally need to win both, but important not to lose either.:)[/QUOTE]

We just won a difficult game 4-1 :) agree about Jennings but as I said - think he didn’t want a red card (which he probably should have got for the tackle anyway)

corwenred 15th September 2018 18.14:34

Best first 45 minutes of football I've seen. Absolutely carved their back 3 open. Second half was pretty much what I was expecting. Bit of complacency always kicks in an whilst it was disappointing to concede, Lainton didn't have a save to make.

Colonel D 15th September 2018 18.20:38

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2182051]We just won a difficult game 4-1 :) agree about Jennings but as I said - think he didn’t want a red card (which he probably should have got for the tackle anyway)[/QUOTE]

I thought the referee was the best this season as he let the play flow and didn't try to take the limelight.

Redpensioner 15th September 2018 18.20:43

Walker's started to the game was a bit iffy but soon grew into a very effective part of the team. The pleasing thing for me was he never hid. You've got to give it to Sam with the rotation of the team . I Ifor one had raised eyebrows when he was appointed and he's proved me and many wrong.
With the assistance of Barrow these two could be the one's to take us to the promised land.

dlrwrexham 15th September 2018 18.25:40

[QUOTE=krux;2182010]
Kedwell was a handful.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Was he the lad who gave Jennings a torrid time second half?.:confused:

NottsRed 15th September 2018 18.27:09

Got to admit i had a bit of a raised eyebrow to the team selection but thats a hell of a result.

Gives Ricketts the kind of selection headaches he must love.

moldroadred 15th September 2018 18.28:58

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2182060]Was he the lad who gave Jennings a torrid time second half?.:confused:[/QUOTE]

No, Kedwell was the old man in the middle who scored

jonesfach 15th September 2018 18.44:25

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2182059]Walker's started to the game was a bit iffy but soon grew into a very effective part of the team. The pleasing thing for me was he never hid. You've got to give it to Sam with the rotation of the team . I Ifor one had raised eyebrows when he was appointed and he's proved me and many wrong.
With the assistance of Barrow these two could be the one's to take us to the promised land.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I thought. Walker was poor in the first 10 mins then he got his game going. If we can keep him and summer field together and Rutherford running around them we have a top class 3 in midfield who all compliment each other. Well played Sam!:)

The front 3 also today were spot on....

Our only problem I can see is full backs....but they aren't the worst we have ever had.

moldroadred 15th September 2018 18.49:24

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2182063]Exactly what I thought. Walker was poor in the first 10 mins then he got his game going. If we can keep him and summer field together and Rutherford running around them we have a top class 3 in midfield who all compliment each other. Well played Sam!:)

The front 3 also today were spot on....

Our only problem I can see is full backs....but they aren't the worst we have ever had.[/QUOTE]

Both full backs did not have the best of games today, central defenders were class though

Birdy 15th September 2018 18.51:13

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2182067]Both full backs did not have the best of games today, central defenders were class though[/QUOTE]

Agreed, if we can get some top quality full backs in Jan then we will go up as champions. Jennings is the weak link, that tackle he got booked was just plain stupid what was he thinking?! Roberts lack of quality on crosses means he has to put in 3 or 4 to get one good cross in. Rest of the team outstanding.

dixienormous 15th September 2018 19.21:53

Great performance all round. It's nice to have a midfield.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.34:16.